Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Out of contract ...New phone

• 04-11-2014 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi I am out of contract and after a new phone. At the moment I have an Apple5 but was thinking going Android. My prob is I am not very tech savvy and really want to know whats the best available. I was going to buy a HTC m8 on advice on guy CPW but than I have read lots good stuff about the new Nexus coming out soon. The other option is buy an OplusO 64 but I don't like all stuff it looks a bit like a cult people looking for invites etc.

I like to watch movies and plan to link to a smart tv that I plan to buy in Jan sales . All advice would be greatly appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Nexus is always a decent device with fast updates and vanilla android.
    Depends on your budget and requirements, add those and you may get more replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd actually advise steering clear of further contracts and go the sim only route.

What are you're phone habits? Phone calls, texts data??

I'd also recommend buying the Moto G 2nd edition for 180 euro.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Buddy has a good point. Moto G 2014 would allow you to get a very good idea of whether you like Android without committing to a long contract.
    It isn't the most high powered, but is a rock solid mid range device and will be getting updated to the upcoming new version, Android L, soon.
    Even if you then decide that Android is not for you, you will not be tied to a contract, and as the Moto G is and will probably remain a very popular device for the foreseeable future, you should be able to sell it easily.

Thanks for the advice. I am sick of Apple to be honest just tonight I got a mail from Vodafone offering me the new 6+. The reason I have been tied to Apple is I have a Mac air lap top and it was handy to link them. But time for a change hence the question but as stated I am not very tech savvy. I can wait but I have looked up the M8 which I can pick up free on bill or wait for the New Nexus. I really just watch movies youtube and mail and surf with my phone. I love my Mac air so when at home its what I use. Thanks again for the advice.

• Advertisement

Hi thanks for the help. I decided on getting the HTC m8 so happy days . Thanks again for the help.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

I always believe Apple to be the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

between apple and the moto g, the phone market is so narrow according to some here. the phone market is massive, the m8 is a lovely phone, great purchase.

Thanks for the advice the new phone yesterday . Just a matter getting used to Android seeing I have been using Apple for over 10 years.

Advertisement