Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    and that is up to how many shirts?

1 or 2 is 6.95 USD (4.80 euro)

3 or 4 is 10.95 USD (7.55 euro)

5 or 6 is 14.95 USD (10.30 euro)

And i'm guessing it just goes up by 4 dollars for every 1 or 2 you add.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Charisteas wrote: »
    1 or 2 is 6.95 USD (4.80 euro)

3 or 4 is 10.95 USD (7.55 euro)

5 or 6 is 14.95 USD (10.30 euro)

And i'm guessing it just goes up by 4 dollars for every 1 or 2 you add.

That actually works out cheaper than the euroshop!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

i dont even have to start with which shirt it is.................

the only difference is its the one from last night, with no date or city..............

also, does anyone else find the website extremely tricky to order off??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

97021a363fb3948faca9b78f00b80f7d_display_image.jpg?1309038877

WWWYKI!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

jossnjuice wrote: »
    i dont even have to start with which shirt it is.................

the only difference is its the one from last night, with no date or city..............

also, does anyone else find the website extremely tricky to order off??

Almost certain last night's one had a date on it...just in a different place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

you sure about those prices? Could have sworn I checked it before and it was some outlandish price for postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Liam O wrote: »
    you sure about those prices? Could have sworn I checked it before and it was some outlandish price for postage?

Yep i'm defo getting 6.95 Dollars for one t-shirt.

344p6yt.jpg

Anyone know whats the craic with American size shirts?

If I was buying a Man United jersey over here id always get medium so would that mean I should buy an American shirt in size small?

Anyone know whats the craic with American size shirts?

If I was buying a Man United jersey over here id always get medium so would that mean I should buy an American shirt in size small?

Id say so.
    The sizing guide is Here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

didnt someone say on here before you get destroyed on customs or something when ordering from wwe shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Only if you go ordering a load of stuff one tshirt won't have any customs charges

• Registered Users Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

EdK wrote: »
    Only if you go ordering a load of stuff one tshirt won't have any customs charges
    i think it's a 22 euro limit and a $25 shirt with postage comes to just over 22 but I'd say it'd be grand unless they are just in a bad mood whatever day yours comes in at

Liam O wrote: »
    i think it's a 22 euro limit and a $25 shirt with postage comes to just over 22 but I'd say it'd be grand unless they are just in a bad mood whatever day yours comes in at

Bang goes my plan to buy 4. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CMpunked wrote: »
    Bang goes my plan to buy 4. :(

If you buy in multiples customs tends to think you are playing to resell those items rather than use for your own use. It is a red flag.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

could u even say they are presents or something?

when u get stung with customs is it a docket to pay it? what if u used another address or something; or do they track you via whoever pays via credit card? .....use of a 3V one any good?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    could u even say they are presents or something?

You can hardly ask WWE to mark as present can you? Whenever I order from ROH, Smartmark I ask them to mark as gift and they oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

last time i bought 4 items off wwe shop and was charged over €40 for customs but one shirt you should be fine as said above

jaysus. i guess u could make 4 separate orders? OR you could ask at (Gasp!) wrestlingmania to quote you a price on ordering one in?

jaysus. i guess u could make 4 separate orders? OR you could ask at (Gasp!) wrestlingmania to quote you a price on ordering one in?

I thought WM bought from the wwe euroshop site, obviously so they dont get hit with said custom charges?
    If they do, some of the shirts start at like 32 euro.
    And thats before delivery. :(

last time i bought 4 items off wwe shop and was charged over €40 for customs but one shirt you should be fine as said above

Any idea how long they took to arrive after they had been dispatched from the states?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,755 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are they not on WWE Euroshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Naw, not on Euroshop. Think I'm gonna wait until they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Punk on an ESPN Podcast recorded yesterday:

http://www.grantland.com/podcasts

Haven't listened yet but should be good

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are they not on WWE Euroshop?

Its my experience that if its out now on WWEShop, it will be Decemeber by the time Euroshop get them :rolleyes:

Not got to listen to this myself yet but it's meant to be excellent. Bill Simmons interviewed Punk yesterday...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=6808291

It's apprently on iTunes as well.

Table of Contents

1. Punk talks about the switch to Cult of Personality (1:21)
    2. How long were you planning on staying off TV/why did you come back so soon? (4:35)
    3. How hard is it to straddle the line between heel/face and what is your opinion on the state of the WWE? (6:02)
    4. Do you have heat backstage now for your promos?(7:10)
    5. Walk me through your shoot. How worked was it? (8:41)
    6. Did you have any doubt in the last few months that you'd come back to the WWE? (11:24)
    7. Talking about casual fan interest (13:13)
    8. Walk me through MitB (14:08)
    9. Cena's reaction to the crowd: what were you guys expecting?(16:34)
    10. What did the legends have to say? (18:21)
    11. Why didn't you get a good push earlier in your career? (19:51)
    12. What does Vince think of all of this? (22:02)
    13. Can we blame the brand split for a lot of our problems/why isn't the WWE drawing? (23:30)
    14. Opinion on modern crowds/why aren't they as loud anymore? (24:16)
    15. Who are your biggest influences? (25:10)
    16. When did you develop your mic skills? (26:30)
    17. What do you think about the trend towards bigger and bigger bumps? (28:21)
    18. Comicon/ad libbing things is better than scripted stuff (30:00)
    19. What's next/a shoot on crappy gimmicks people who say he's the next Austin/welcome to the Reality Era (31:56)
    20. Who's your favorite character other than yourself in the business today? (33:49)
    21. Talking about Jericho, the value of taking a break, and how beat up CM Punk is (35:16)
    22. Role of the IWC in the WWE today (37:00)
    23. Shooting on impatient fans (37:59)
    24. Talking about the John Cena character/the role of a heel in PG Era (39:00)
    25. Making wrestling cool again/closing words (40:45)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Interesting read on the whole CM Punk coming back thing and the angle in general here:
    http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/07/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-725/8

For all of the back and forth considerations regarding CM Punk's return this past Monday on Raw, I think this article best articulates why his quick return was a good thing. Though, not only that, the author goes as far as to state that this was all planned from the beginning.

At the very least it's an interesting read and analysis of the potential implications for why everything has progressed as it has thus far. Worth a read IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

Any idea how long they took to arrive after they had been dispatched from the states?

took 5 days for them to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

OR you could ask at (Gasp!) wrestlingmania to quote you a price on ordering one in?

I think you are being a tad harsh on wrestling mania here - I've dealt with them a number of times now and i can't recommend them enough! Prices are very reasonable and if you want anything ordered in It's no bother!

back on topic - i want that tshirt!!

Source: The Wrestling Observer
    According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there were actually six different scripts written for RAW – one of which would have resulted in Triple H laying out CM Punk with a pedigree.

Although the obvious scenario would be for WWE to capitalize on CM Punk’s recent popularity and push him to the moon, most of the scenarios presented for Monday’s RAW were not to get Punk over, but to emphasize Triple H’s new role as Vince McMahon’s successor.

Prior to WWE settling on what we saw unfold on Monday night, the original plan for CM Punk’s return was for him to get attacked and pedigreed by Triple H. Alberto Del Rio then would have come out, cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase, become WWE champion and then defend the WWE title against John Cena at SummerSlam. While this would have certainly put Triple H over as a major heel and led to an eventual program with a babyface CM Punk cooler heads prevailed and the angle of Punk getting squashed on the night of his return was scrapped.

BOWN DOWN TO THE KING :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LOL. If that went down I'd've had to stop watching WWE for a bit to cool off. But as it stands it's just rumour. A terrifying rumour. It's like someone wrote down my worst-case-scenario of my fears of HHH back on TV :p

Advertisement