Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What does moving in with your partner mean to you ??

• 14-02-2012 2:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Is it for convenience, stronger commitment, or are you using it as a trial marriage and what are the advantages and disadvantages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Round the clock lovin'

But mostly to have a retort to "we don't spend enough time together,"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sex on the kitchen table :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Not as much as movin' out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Advantages - get the dishes cleaned.

Disadvantages - have to clean the dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Halvsies on Dominos. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Sneaking into her bedroom with a bottle of chloroform...

She'll never suspect the closet this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Squatters rights

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

depends how old you are.

if you're pretty young, what are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You want to know me?
    Come live with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tweet0004

Lovin' should be good for the morning.:D:D

• Advertisement

Also climbing out the window for nights out with friends - Calpol my secret weapon, i make such great tea with it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You move in so you can find out the little things about each other that become big things before you break up.

Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

So you know that you should never marry them and it was all a big mistake in the first place.

(posted while missus has gone off to bed and I'm in living room on laptop)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Well usually it's only for 10 minutes...

Is it weird I call prostitutes just to talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

That I promise to bathe regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

the end of all fun , where ya goin , what ya doin , my friend has a birthday party we have to go to , then she says what do ya want for dinner then gives you 10 reasons why thats not what were havin ,DONT ASK WHAT I WANT IF YOURE NOT GONNA DO IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

It meant a step closer to marriage and longterm commitment.

The disadvantages were that I couldn't just suit myself anymore and had to have a real life lesson in the meaning of compromise.

The advantages were that I realised I'd rather set my face on fire than take marriage vows with that person.

On a more general note though I suppose it gives you auchincloss better insight into your partner and how compatible you are together.

the end of all fun , where ya goin , what ya doin , my friend has a birthday party we have to go to , then she says what do ya want for dinner then gives you 10 reasons why thats not what were havin ,DONT ASK WHAT I WANT IF YOURE NOT GONNA DO IT!!!

Your bird wouldn't cook your steak?

Thats just wrong. Sounds like you need to put your foot down and show her who's boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

We raise a cat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

It means Philomena Begley to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Tweet0004 wrote: »
    Also climbing out the window for nights out with friends - Calpol my secret weapon, i make such great tea with it.:D
    Are you shacked up with a toddler?

mikom wrote: »
    You want to know blow me?
    Come live with me.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

ive lost the plot plenty of times , not worth the hassle , big arguement then the moany face for the day , n when ya say what the fook is up with u , ya hear "nothin"

No, but nights out with friends seem to becoming less. Have to answer now where i am going, having not done this since living with parents.

No seriously asking because we have moved in together, after been together a few years, and listening to friends saying it is good, and others saying it is bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Far fewer blow jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Maybe it depends on the age and cultural differences, but one thing I found weird about living in Ireland is how many young people do the whole moving in thing for several years, then get engaged for several years, and then kind of sink into this netherworld of neither here nor there until their 30s. Out of my circle of close friends from home in the US, I only had two friends who moved in with the OH before getting married, and in one case, they were already engaged and it made sense to move two months before the wedding because his lease was up.

The way I look at it, either shit or get off the pot. But that's just me.

ive lost the plot plenty of times , not worth the hassle , big arguement then the moany face for the day , n when ya say what the fook is up with u , ya hear "nothin"

So what you're saying is you're happy you're living together?! :pac:

Maybe it depends on the age and cultural differences, but one thing I found weird about living in Ireland is how many young people do the whole moving in thing for several years, then get engaged for several years, and then kind of sink into this netherworld of neither here nor there until their 30s. Out of my circle of close friends from home in the US, I only had two friends who moved in with the OH before getting married, and in one case, they were already engaged and it made sense to move two months before the wedding because his lease was up.

The way I look at it, either shit or get off the pot. But that's just me.

Tbh, I prefer our way. Get to know someone before you make one of the biggest commitments of your life. Don't understand the whole engaged-for-a-decade thing but the tendency towards short engagements in a lot of parts of the US is weirder to me than living together and getting to know the person you're going to (possibly) spend the rest of your life with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

To me it means not just under the same roof but exact address. Seems i'd have to really like the girl regardless, so it'd be ideal

til she start hatin on me n screaming like banshee

Advertisement