Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade and Retro Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Jet Set Willy II!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone that isn't a fan of badly pronounced Japanese, well the next podcast isn't for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's another call out for guests and very special guests for this weeks podcast. We'll be recording at 2 pm on saturday.

We have two suggested topics. The first is Lucasarts point and click adventures. We would love to have some one on that can talk about these games because at the moment Dinorex knows a lot about them but I haven't really got much experience of them.

If we can't find anyone for the point and click one or we might even record two podcasts then we're going to do a Horror Hotpot! I thought that I talked way too much in the last Hudson podcast so thought this was a good idea. Basically you can talk about any horror game you want on the show. The only stipulation is that it's not a Resident Evil or Silent Hill game, although obscure spin offs will be allowed. Those two series will probably get their own show.

I thought that this would be a good idea since it doesn't tie the show to one topic and will open it up to more people to get involved.

Anyway we'd love to have more people on and all feedback is welcome!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Here's another call out for guests and very special guests for this weeks podcast. We'll be recording at 2 pm on saturday.

We have two suggested topics. The first is Lucasarts point and click adventures. We would love to have some one on that can talk about these games because at the moment Dinorex knows a lot about them but I haven't really got much experience of them.

If we can't find anyone for the point and click one or we might even record two podcasts then we're going to do a Horror Hotpot! I thought that I talked way too much in the last Hudson podcast so thought this was a good idea. Basically you can talk about any horror game you want on the show. The only stipulation is that it's not a Resident Evil or Silent Hill game, although obscure spin offs will be allowed. Those two series will probably get their own show.

I thought that this would be a good idea since it doesn't tie the show to one topic and will open it up to more people to get involved.

I'm in for the horror one! My friend came over at 8pm last night and we both stayed up until 2.3am and finished obscure so I could talk about that. Plus im off on saturday too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm in for the horror one! My friend came over at 8pm last night and we both stayed up until 2.3am and finished obscure so I could talk about that. Plus im off on saturday too! played Pokemon & watched Goemon twice in a row.

The slightly more accurate version

If anyone needs a lift to the station I'll be picking up Sarah in the city centre and can bring people to the station and if you offer me chocolate I might even drive you back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm in for the horror one! My friend came over at 8pm last night and we both stayed up until 2.3am and finished obscure so I could talk about that. Plus im off on saturday too! played Pokemon & watched Goemon twice in a row.

The slightly more accurate version

It's true! Every single edited word of it *sobs*

If anyone needs a lift to the station I'll be picking up Sarah in the city centre and can bring people to the station and if you offer me chocolate I might even drive you back.
    you used my real name ;^;
    My friend came over at 8pm last night and we both stayed up until 2.3am and finished obscure so I could talk about that
    you only did that because you weren't player 2 with me!
    Me and Dinorex still haven't finished it >:

Right I'm going to baggsy Rule of Rose for my topic. And Overblood if we have time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The Gregory Horror Show might get a mention? Dinorex and Sera are very knowledgeable on that game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The Gregory Horror Show might get a mention? Dinorex and Sera are very knowledgeable on that game. :)

Do you know my name?!?

JUDGEMENT BOY!!!

Legendary, trying to think of something, you were falling asleep we played it so long, helpess! "just one more soul! just one more!"

DinoRex wrote: »
    Do you know my name?!?
    JUDGEMENT!!!
    [Japanese Judgement Boy]
    tumblr_ltltdmAzCj1qczhzgo1_400.jpg

Sera wrote: »
    Legendary, trying to think of something, you were falling asleep we played it so long, helpess! "just one more soul! just one more!"

Hahaha so I was. Was a fun game to watch you play nonetheless, especially when you'd turn around and the nurse with the needle was standing there! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

A sick child last week and some house stuff this week means It'll probably be mid feb before I can call over for this , definitely up for it though.

Pity, looking forward to talking some VCS :)

The SOPA protest is at 13.00, I wouldn't mind getting a bit of that beforehand.

You want a lift to it or just want to start later?

• Advertisement

You want a lift to it or just want to start later?

Well it's in town. What time are you heading in at?

It's at the Garden of Remembrance:

http://www.facebook.com/events/284626631593223/

Well I collected Sarah at 12.45 last time so can get you to the city centre for that time.

Pity, looking forward to talking some VCS :)

It will happen ;)
    (may even take a teeny tiny b/w portable/2600 Jr and a copy of warlords in with me ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It will happen ;)
    (may even take a teeny tiny b/w portable/2600 Jr and a copy of warlords in with me ;))

In the meantime, more Luxuries Outdated please :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    In the meantime, more Luxuries Outdated please :)
    Will do , may get something up by the end of the week
    I've been a bit delayed of late ;)
    Had laryngitis last week , the daughters birthday is this week so in the middle of organizing stuff for a big party.
    Plus I managed to take a lump out of my index finger last night while cutting some stuff up so my gaming will need to be one handed for the next few days (Fnnar!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I will be in town for the protest on saturday so afterwards i am ready to make my podcast debut

i think it would be best to start later so we can all get in to show Sherlock where he can stick sopa

Up his stupid Langer jacksie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Also why not make the discussion about the old 8bit systems

So many classics and so many great loading tunes

Hey did the Hudson Soft podcast ever go ahead last Saturday? I don't see a link for it on the site.

Hey did the Hudson Soft podcast ever go ahead last Saturday? I don't see a link for it on the site.

Headaches and work have gotten in the way. Catching up on editing now so may have it done in a little bit.

• Advertisement

Hope there's not too much editing, think I ralked for way too much of it :/

Advertisement