Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

true man thats the thing, you'd even get one for a tenner when you need it back on, the colour has to be one of the best available for the car

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

moonland, it is a nice colour and much easier to keep 'clean' than my black astra was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Facelifted lights make an awful difference! It's like going for orange to clear indicators, always makes a huge difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I was off Monday and Tuesday so feck all got done to the car.

Went to gather together the parts for the bottom end reassembly and I'm missing my two new crank thrust washers, it'll be Tuesday before Honda can get them for me, I could reuse the old ones but why risk it over a €20 part and a few more days waiting.

Getting closer now though and there's an end in sight

Onkle wrote: »
    I was off Monday and Tuesday so feck all got done to the car.

Went to gather together the parts for the bottom end reassembly and I'm missing my two new crank thrust washers, it'll be Tuesday before Honda can get them for me, I could reuse the old ones but why risk it over a €20 part and a few more days waiting.

Getting closer now though and there's an end in sight

Could you pm me with a detailed summary of what your in the process of doing and the power you had/have? Are you changing the top and bottom half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm getting my B18 bottom end soon to go with the head rebuild! :D

Did manage a 20 minute brake caliper reassembly though as a quick fix to a refurb kit! :P

I was in a b18 tonight.....not bad, not bad at all

I was in a b18 tonight.....not bad, not bad at all

DC2-R or a conversion?

Could you pm me with a detailed summary of what your in the process of doing and the power you had/have? Are you changing the top and bottom half?

Will do
    I'm getting my B18 bottom end soon to go with the head rebuild! :D

Did manage a 20 minute brake caliper reassembly though as a quick fix to a refurb kit! :P

Trying to find a decent bottom end is like trying to find rocking horse sh1te so budget for rings/bore/hone

If your seals are gone in the calipers get them done asap

Onkle wrote: »

Trying to find a decent bottom end is like trying to find rocking horse sh1te so budget for rings/bore/hone

If your seals are gone in the calipers get them done asap

I'm getting the seal kits tomorrow and gonna do them straight away!

Also, the bottom end will be fully rebuilt including polished crank before it even lets my head touch it ;)

• Advertisement

DC2-R or a conversion?

Conversion. Horrible yellow non Jordan but the driver doesn't care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Today topped up coolant in to my fiat punto mk1 .... was bit low .... havent check for months .... lucky that punto didnt overheated, .... oil checked... ok. :)

Good ol punty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Good ol punty :D

Since my ass not been carried around with nissan skyline, punty for me like a toy :)

Picked up some Carbon Fiber vinyl, gonna do the window switches then see what else I can get done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Througly cleaned wheels yesterday. I don't think they were ever cleaned like the way I did them. I got some wonder wheels cleaner to remove the tarred on brake dust that was there for years. The results are pretty good, I'm happy out anyway. :)

Engine is fully rebuilt now. Gearbox and loom etc are all back on it just needs to be dropped in tomorrow. It should be on the dyno after lunch tomorrow for the run in and will be ready to tune on Saturday....... thing is I'm tuning it myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

What started as a very slight petrol smell off the engine on Monday turned into 'ah... better look into it NOW' on Thursday evening when it was MUCH worse.

Found this between the fuel rail and the fuel pressure regulator ! More holes than a lace curtain.

283229_10150246936908509_660493508_7627770_6917412_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Today I breathed some life into the old Volvo. It had been lying up for some time and I felt it was rotting into the ground before my eyes, so I started today by getting a new battery and giving the interior some intense cleaning. I also replaced the batteries in the remote key fobs and filled up the expansion tank with Summer coolant.

Next job is to fit some new electric window control units and then book it in for an NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Started to build up the tool racking for the rear of the Smart today. Have the permenant false floor in and carpeted, and putting a quick release secondary floor in there that the racking will mount to. 4 butterfly clasps will unlock it all so I can lift it out and turn it into a normal car at the weekends.

I'm addicted to the smell of freshly sawn wood - I never ever ever get tired of it. Should have been a carpenter :)

• Advertisement

Owen wrote: »
    Started to build up the tool racking for the rear of the Smart today. Have the permenant false floor in and carpeted, and putting a quick release secondary floor in there that the racking will mount to. 4 butterfly clasps will unlock it all so I can lift it out and turn it into a normal car at the weekends.

I'm addicted to the smell of freshly sawn wood - I never ever ever get tired of it. Should have been a carpenter :)
    i knew when i saw you'd posted in this thread you'd have something different to add :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 D.a.v.i.d

Inflated all tyres to the correct pressure...all alloys cracked now...fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Picked up some Carbon Fiber vinyl, gonna do the window switches then see what else I can get done :D

I love that stuff, I used some on my interior, have reems of it left but don't want to go overboard:

Before:

100_1821.jpg

After:

100_1828.jpg
    100_1830.jpg
    100_1835.jpg
    100_1838.jpg
    100_1839.jpg

:D

got cruise control finally programmed into my car. it costs well over €200 to have it factory fitted by Opel. i installed the bits needed which cost €40 and got it programmed for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wow W.Shakes-Beer, that's impressive work! Looks very neatly done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

not really to my car but with my car i managed to jump start a lexus jeep with jump cables and saves the day :D

telling ya lads its a great feeling when your lil honda comes in and jump starts a really big jeep :D

your man was really nice and was just stuck in the carpark of B & Q with his daughter with the battery dead on his jeep and was very grateful that i helped and i was glad to help (after wards there was a tenner for me but as much as i tried to refuse he forced me to take it !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Wow W.Shakes-Beer, that's impressive work! Looks very neatly done

Thanks! Turns out well if it isn't rushed. I sat down with a cup of tea and all the stuff needed to cut and apply it. Was like being a kid again sitting down with crayons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

Thanks! Turns out well if it isn't rushed. I sat down with a cup of tea and all the stuff needed to cut and apply it. Was like being a kid again sitting down with crayons :D

Fab job ! Really looks the biz, and I don't normally like CF. Would that vinyl stick to the outside of the car, ie. the wing mirrors ?

Good job on the carbon dude

I started mine today :D Just doing heat cycles now and very soon it'll be on the dyno

• Advertisement

got cruise control finally programmed into my car. it costs well over €200 to have it factory fitted by Opel. i installed the bits needed which cost €40 and got it programmed for free :D

Well done, nice little project, cruise control is the right shot these days, too easy to coast above the limit without it on a long spin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement