Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

What is that.

Did you draw the picture?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It's my roof cloth that's being upgraded to the higher spec "Black" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

petrolGETTY200806_228x181.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I got o set of windscreen wipers for a tenner yesterday.
    I don't know if it counts ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Attacked my leather seats with Autoglym leather cleaner & care balm....& now kinda regreting it as it smells like sh*t. I love their interior shampoo but i think ill go back to simoniz wipes for the seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,575 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tallon wrote: »
    petrolGETTY200806_228x181.jpg

I hope you're not driving a diesel!! :eek: :p

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Attacked my leather seats with Autoglym leather cleaner & care balm....& now kinda regreting it as it smells like sh*t. I love their interior shampoo but i think ill go back to simoniz wipes for the seats.

Try gliptone, lots of lads recommend it. I haven't seen it forsale anywhere local though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I took my Marina fishing this morning. I doubt the sea air will help it but it needed a run out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Flock the roof lining Limerick Man. It'll be awesome.
    tumblr_llu7z59YG51qfa8sc.jpg

Yeah I was gonna get it done but for certain reasons I'm not :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I took my Marina fishing this morning. I doubt the sea air will help it but it needed a run out

So ya had your Marina down by the Marina.........

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Try gliptone, lots of lads recommend it. I haven't seen it forsale anywhere local though!

It's very good but smells like sh**e too

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

It's my roof cloth that's being upgraded to the higher spec "Black" :P

Is that Black Felt by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Put a SET OF -40MM Springs on the civic

R.O.R wrote: »

I'm using Plasticoat if that's what you're asking? it's drying in nice and soft!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Well, yesterday.

On the way home, the car suddenly announced "Dipped Headlight Bulb Fault", so when I got home, I pulled out the manual and the spare bulb from the glove compartment.

Then I read the manual. Then it was off to the shed for the toolbox.

I had to take out a bolt (spanner plus mole wrench, a socket wrench would have been better) and a screw (large flathead screwdriver or a torx one for this), unclip the electrical connector, lift out the whole light unit, remove a rubber cover, remove the bulb holder and then clip the H7 bulb out and replace everything.

In theory, if you had reall small hands and ESP you could do it without taking out the unit, I think, but that's how the manual said to do it.

Not a job I'd fancy trying at the side of the road, which makes carrying a spare bulb a bit pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

No, it's really really really really dark blue:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I used those a few weeks ago too. Didn't mind the smell, I thought it was a kind of "leather" smell but I could be wrong!

The only problem I could have had is that it takes 48 hours for the balm to cure and give the leather full protection. Luckily I went on holidays the day after I did it.

This is what I use.

1) MF Cloth, Dish of Diluted APC & Warm water. Wipe the seats down and dry with another M cloth.

2) Spray and spread this on them Chemical Guys Liquid Leather.

I love the morning after when I open the door and the smell of leather hits the nostrels.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I drove it to work and then I drove it home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I drove it to work and then I drove it home.

I drove mine into a Mazda dealer and promptly fell in love with a Mazda3 HDI SPORT.

Should I go stand in the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Well im after going at it again there before seeing ye'r posts, i had read some stuff online elsehere this afternoon. Started with a j cloth & warm water, then using the AG leather cleaner i vigorously scrubbed with a nailbrush & used the microfibres to finish off. Should've taken pics when i was half way through the seat cos the amount of muck the nailbrush got off was unreal. Half nice clean beige, half tan!

Have to say the microfibres on their own this morning didnt do much.

Dumped on the care balm to feck after reading about keeping the leather moisturised. It will do until i get something else like the liquid leather.

• johnos1984 wrote: »
    I drove mine into a Mazda dealer and promptly fell in love with a Mazda3 HDI SPORT.

Should I go stand in the corner?

Absolutely not! Lovely car and great to drive. I also want!

On topic. Had my usual weekly check around and found one CV joint starting to leak...I will literally have replaced everything on this car before too long :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Claying the other side of my car. nearly all done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Well, yesterday.

On the way home, the car suddenly announced "Dipped Headlight Bulb Fault", so when I got home, I pulled out the manual and the spare bulb from the glove compartment.

Then I read the manual. Then it was off to the shed for the toolbox.

I had to take out a bolt (spanner plus mole wrench, a socket wrench would have been better) and a screw (large flathead screwdriver or a torx one for this), unclip the electrical connector, lift out the whole light unit, remove a rubber cover, remove the bulb holder and then clip the H7 bulb out and replace everything.

In theory, if you had reall small hands and ESP you could do it without taking out the unit, I think, but that's how the manual said to do it.

Not a job I'd fancy trying at the side of the road, which makes carrying a spare bulb a bit pointless.

Saab by any chance? That sounds very familiar :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I think I'm the only one that got that

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

http://www.detailer.ie/store/index.php/interior-cleaning-dressing.html :D

or if you want both & a brush.. http://www.detailer.ie/store/index.php/detailing-kits/gliptone-leather-care-kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I changed my dashboard bulbs to blue, fitted a full set of Nightbreaker bulbs outside, and am in the middle of making a double-din fascia cause one was never made for the car, and it's not supposed to have a DD head unit. Also did a small bit of work on the fibreglass sub enclosure I'm very slowly building.

photo5rc.jpg

230035_10150244579123413_547383412_8711883_6032441_n.jpg

Is that in the Mg O.o

• Advertisement

I changed my dashboard bulbs to blue, fitted a full set of Nightbreaker bulbs outside, and am in the middle of making a double-din fascia cause one was never made for the car, and it's not supposed to have a DD head unit. Also did a small bit of work on the fibreglass sub enclosure I'm very slowly building.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7392/photo5rc.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230035_10150244579123413_547383412_8711883_6032441_n.jpg

Like the looks of the blue display.. Looking at getting this for the civic...Where did you get the bulbs? Are you doing the rest of the dash light to match?? IE.
    Heater controls etc.

Can Would it be possible for you to do a step by step of the enclosure please? I am very interested in doing this i my next car. One in each back corner of the boot angled upwards and forwards running off a fairly decent amp.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement