Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I'm usually too teary and snotty after a fight to have make up sex :/

Hehe, as someone who's very snotty right now (man flu :( ) this made me giggle :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Hehe, as someone who's very snotty right now (man flu :( ) this made me giggle :P

:O The dreaded man flu!!!! Feel better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    I am resisting the temptation to make another joke here. :D

Eh? This isnt AH, ya know!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Whenever myself and my ex fought I would murder him quicker than I'd have make up sex, our fights were apocalyptic, wouldn't make up for at least a day and he'd still be frosty with me for days after.

Myself and the boyfriend hardly ever fight (touch wood!) and when we do it's over in no time, diffused and forgotten. Like Das Kitty I wouldn't be a fan of make up sex anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I think make-up sex has its merits if you've resolved everything and just want to get back to normal. I think it can diffuse the tension that would normally linger after an argument, where you're tiptoeing around each other for hours.

But if the fight isn't resolved, then sexytime is definitely not on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Am I alone in not seeing the appeal of make up sex?
    You're not alone. Really good sex when things are going really well is way better, tbh. Hate arguments and tension in a relationship.

Ah no I love the bit when you reassure yourself that regardless of whether.youve had a fight you love this person unconditionally.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ah no I love the bit when you reassure yourself that regardless of whether.youve had a fight you love this person unconditionally.

Maybe that's it. I know that anyway (after 13 years I'd want to) and make up sex just doesn't feel loving to me.

Either that or I realise how dangerous it could to get somone, whose neck I was imagining wringing only a short time before, into a vulnerable position. :pac:

Either that or I realise how dangerous it could to get somone, whose neck I was imagining wringing only a short time before, into a vulnerable position. :pac:

That might be the attraction to make up sex for some people. Just throwing it out there :pac:

That might be the attraction to make up sex for some people. Just throwing it out there :pac:

Even if that is your kink, you don't want someone doing it whom you can't trust to know when to stop. *throws it back* :pac:

That's why you have a safe word :pac: Something unsexy like rhinoceros :P

• Advertisement

Holy crap, has anyone seen this thread??

Pretty sure it's someone being a sick f****er but still :O Who does that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

It's gorgeous weather again :) I'm desperately trying to find about 100 words to fit in to a literature review for college so that I can say I'm done and head out in the sunshine for the rest of the afternoon!

That's why you have a safe word :pac: Something unsexy like rhinoceros :P

Safe words can be willfully ignored if a person is in that frame of mind. It's pretty hard to talk when you're having the life choked out of you too I would imagine. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Holy crap, has anyone seen this thread??

Pretty sure it's someone being a sick f****er but still :O Who does that!?

it sounds like a pisstake of the "homeless in 7 days" one

Safe words can be willfully ignored if a person is in that frame of mind. It's pretty hard to talk when you're having the life choked out of you too I would imagine. ;)

Rhinoceros!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Not having the best couple of days. I'm very concerned for someone I care a lot about. I can't do anything about it either, but I would move mountains if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Posy and EmilyO: Thanks girlies, I'm feeling so much better today. Not afraid to eat anymore! :D

Long time no see squeakyduck. :) That's so great about the job, well done. :D

Watching a DVD I ordered online the other day. Got here fast. Saw it before and had it on video and lost it. It's called The Interrogation of Michael Crowe, it's based on a true story.

Edit: Hope you're okay Links.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Leeg17 wrote: »
    They sell it in Candy Land in Galway, €1.50 a pop with €8.50 delivery nationwide. I do make a run for a box of 12 every few weeks when supply is low :D

So it turns out there is a downside to being rooted in Dublin:pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    it sounds like a pisstake of the "homeless in 7 days" one

Newish to Boards so never saw that one.. Still, slightly shocked someone would post something like that (true or not :O )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

em it's also active in AH at the moment, only locked this morning

yeah it's stupid and they've been banned now

dfx- wrote: »
    So it turns out there is a downside to being rooted in Dublin:pac:

You can buy it online, 12 cans for 12euro, and delivery is only 5 euro :D Soooo worth it!!! Now if only they did the same deal with cherry coke I'd be a very happy lady!

Can't wait to see the hunger games this weekend :D Anyone seen it yet?? Please tell me it does the book justice :)

197976.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ saw it last night, knew nothing of the books only the basic premise, I enjoyed it though, its basically Battle Royale for the Twilight crowd but Jennifer Lawrence is good in it and Stanley Tucci is always worth watching, how many books are there?

krudler wrote: »
    ^ saw it last night, knew nothing of the books only the basic premise, I enjoyed it though, its basically Battle Royale for the Twilight crowd but Jennifer Lawrence is good in it and Stanley Tucci is always worth watching, how many books are there?

3 books. Currently 3/4 of the way through the 2nd one. Absolutely great reads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Is it a make-believe vampire movie?

3 books. Currently 3/4 of the way through the 2nd one. Absolutely great reads!

ah ok, it does end pretty open ended to set up the next one, the costume design in it is crazy, a lot of the violence happens off screen with though which I guess was part of the teen rating, kinda defeats the purpose though when you just see announcments of people dying without seeing them actually die, its Battle Royale lite :pac:

ah ok, it does end pretty open ended to set up the next one, the costume design in it is crazy, a lot of the violence happens off screen with though which I guess was part of the teen rating, kinda defeats the purpose though when you just see announcments of people dying without seeing them actually die, its Battle Royale lite :pac:

They had to cut out lots of scenes to get the rating they wanted :( Yeah the first book ends really well, makes you wanna start the second one straight away.

No vampires in it thank God :D

Also, in the book alot of the killings aren't actually described as the author stays focused on the main character, which is why they aren't portrayed in the movie ( I'm guessing)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Kiera wrote: »

No, I hate twilight but love The Hunger games - read all 3 books and went right back to the beginning again to re-read. Going to the movie soon too!

Waaaayy better than that twilight crap.

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »

lol no its set in the future where 24 kids are put into a tournament to kill each other, last one standing wins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement