Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

15% off Irish Rail. Codes only TUESDAY and SATURDAY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Thanks to another native for pm'ing me the code, quite the service! :pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

bloody transaction fee almost makes it pointless...balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭trevufc

Any code knocking around?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

here's today code O2T1154

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    bloody transaction fee almost makes it pointless...balls.

Transaction fee eh. How much is the transaction fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

€2 on all fares, and €1 extra if using a credit card.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

What time do they release the codes at? Need to book a train for tomorrow, but might aswell wait a few hours to save 8 euro or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Just after midnight - so not long to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vivablue

Would anyone be able to send me the code at midnight please? :) Need 2 book a train 4 paddys day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FozzyJericho

Anyone got a nice code for me ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

Today's code T21158

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vivablue

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

Anycode for today?

The next code will not become available until after midnight tomorrow Monday.

Cheers for the reply.

Is there one out today so?

Book your travel with your exclusive promotion code any Tuesday and Saturday and travel anytime.

1. Download your exclusive Treats code on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
    2. Make sure you book your travel using your code by midnight that day. Each unique code will expire at 12pm on a Tuesday and Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FozzyJericho

anyone got a code for today?

anyone got a code for today?

Codes are given out on TUESDAYS and SATURDAYS only. Codes are not given out on any other day.

Peter

Todays code 2T1160

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Book on irishrail.ie before midnight tonight and get a 20% discount by entering voucher number TWT1191

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Book on irishrail.ie before midnight tonight and get a 20% discount by entering voucher number TWT1191

Happy Saint Patrick's Day 20% off bookings - simply enter voucher number "FB1190" on the payment page when booking on www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight. Thank you for following us on Facebook :-)

• Advertisement

Today's code O2T1155

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭243Xpress

Any codes for today,thanks.......

Today's code O2T1159

They dont cover the only one i want, 5-day-return(2 journeys):mad:

Yes they do, unless you are booking more than 28 days before the date of travel.

Got 3.30 off a 20 euro fare just there, which if my maths is correct is actually 16.5% off!

Add the 2 euro laser fee on and it end up being 6.5% :o

Better than nothing I suppose!

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind fare would have been 22 euro in total and I paid 18.70 so that is infact 15% off! :P

lasno wrote: »
    Yes they do, unless you are booking more than 28 days before the date of travel.

Five Day Return Adults / Children / Students Outward portion is valid for date shown on ticket only, the return portion is valid for up to five days inclusive of date shown on the ticket. Online : NO

You cant book this ticket online according to their website. 02 treats rail tickets states that all tickets must be booked online. Because the online option on their website says 'no' i took it i cant. Am i right or wrong about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Five Day Return Adults / Children / Students Outward portion is valid for date shown on ticket only, the return portion is valid for up to five days inclusive of date shown on the ticket. Online : NO

You cant book this ticket online according to their website. 02 treats rail tickets states that all tickets must be booked online. Because the online option on their website says 'no' i took it i cant. Am i right or wrong about this?

You mean you want to be able to return on any of the 5 days, without specifying in advance? No, you can't book that online to the best of my knowledge. You can only book fixed dates online.

I've travelled on a different time train to the one I booked (once it was the same fare) but never on a different day. Hard to know if they'd allow it, I suspect not.

lainey316 wrote: »
    You mean you want to be able to return on any of the 5 days, without specifying in advance? No, you can't book that online to the best of my knowledge. You can only book fixed dates online.

I've travelled on a different time train to the one I booked (once it was the same fare) but never on a different day. Hard to know if they'd allow it, I suspect not.

I didnt think so but Lasno was quick to get on and say i could.
    Yeah the 5-day-return is a 2 journey ticket with an open return day within 5 days of initial journey. I know what day i would be returning and could state this if booking online(always next day after initial journey) but as we see on the link it says you cant buy this type of ticket on 15% off 02 treats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I didnt think so but Lasno was quick to get on and say i could.
    Yeah the 5-day-return is a 2 journey ticket with an open return day within 5 days of initial journey. I know what day i would be returning and could state this if booking online(always next day after initial journey) but as we see on the link it says you cant buy this type of ticket on 15% off 02 treats.

If you know what day you are returning then you can book a return - it's the equivalent of two singles, but appear on the same ticket, this may be what the above poster was referring to. You can't book an *open* return. To the best of my knowledge. Haven't booked for a month or so tho and I usually know my return date. Used to just book 2 singles when I didn't, pre transaction fee.

Advertisement