Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pintalk: Bowlers off-topic thread

• 12-08-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Well it's about time we had an off-topic thread here for general discussion. So when was the last time people here actually bowled? For me it was two weeks ago in my league but I know I had only bowled about five or six times in the last ten years before that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Did anyone see that Justin 'whatsisname" guy on Sky recently? He went to the States and joined the PBA and went on the road as a pro. I don't thing the fellah broke 100 in any game they showed. What an absolute pillock. This guy didn't even have a hook and went on the pro tour with a 15 pound ball and all the "gear". I didnt see the start of the programme but I think he got a few minutes coaching on how to hook the ball. Awful stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

That'd be Justin Lee Collins :) I didn't see it and it doesn't look like it's going to be shown on any channels that I receive in the near future either...

It's not on Youtube or other streaming services that I frequent. Pity as I'd love to see it :) I generally like JLC but that programme sounds hilarious. If only it were as easy as getting a few lessons, a ball and then 'making it' on the PBA tour :D

Our new league started last week, we narrowly avoided coming last in the last league (one of our players is 72 and has bad arthritis in his hands :)) but we have a couple of players who should be able to bowl more frequently now so with any luck, this season we'll be mid-ranking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Resurrecting an old thread to post my AWESOME new purchases :p

AO340G-AT.png

ao256b-at.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ha ha. That's funny! Nice shirts, me likely...

Advertisement