Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

television card for laptop XPS M1530?

Options
  • 15-11-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hey, im looking for some help. I was wondering is it possible to get a tuner for my laptop so i can watch freeview channels? im fairly useless with this but what options have i got? and which are the cheapest? if anyone can help please let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

anyone any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

You have an express-card slot, so that is one of your options.

Hauppauge do some express-card TV tuners, so just check Komplett or somewhere for the range. You can get analog cards (plain regular TV) or digital cards, and hybrids. The Cable & Digital TV forum will have more info on the availabilty of digital channels in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

thanks voodoo child. Im looking at a slingbox, it seems to do everything and all id need is a digital tv box, router and a stable broadband line to connect. Any one got one?

Advertisement