Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doggy bubble blower

• 15-07-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Hubby thinks i'm mad but was just watching an old episode of its me or the dog and she used a bubble blower with bacon flavour bubbles and it looked like the dogs were having great fun so just found one online and ordered it with bacon and peanut butter flavour bubbles:D Anyone ever used one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I got one a few years ago, I'm afraid it was a five minute wonder with my dogs.

Hope you have lots of fun with it:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hmmm. These machines are a quick way to drive your dog demented, methinks!
    It's all fine to let the dog chase and grab at the bubbles, but this is the stage when the problems start. Just like throwing stones into water for a dog, the dog is going after something that he can never catch, and I've seen dogs developing obsessive, frustrated behaviour from using these machines (and from throwing stones into water for them!).
    They seem like a great idea until you really think it through!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I bought a tub of doggie bubbles from the pet shop for 1.99. They had a sort of a glue like consistancy so didn't burst till the dog got to them. She wasn't at all confused when they popped, just barked at me demanding I produce more :rolleyes:. They do get a bit bored with it if you over-do it though and my lady already had a thing for chasing balloons and carrying them around until they burst (no interest in trying to eat the remains and actually no interest at all after they'd been dispatched)

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Thanks all, i've been alternating some of their toys cus it was starting to look like a creche and they had started to ignore a some of them and i've found that they get excited to be given a long lost toy back :rolleyes: and i want to introduce new ones sometimes as well. So i thought 5/10mins at a time would amuse them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Never tried a bubble machine on my dog, but my dog really LOVES bubbles to the extent that I have used them to work on his recall. For example he gets bubbles as a reward for coming back in if I let him out the front garden, which means he'll often ask to stick his head out the door and just come in again as he's hoping for bubbles. He used tried to run off out the front door once or twice when he was younger, so this has been invaluable training! I just use the ordinary ones, as it's hard to get the dog variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

My dogs weren't bothered by them even the flavoured ones but our youngest likes bubbles but only when he's in the mood so it's a hit and a miss really. We just use regular non toxic kids bubbles. He runs around chasing them good fun but not worth spending a lot of the dog version imo unless they really take to it and love to play with it regularly.

Advertisement