Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford City Council to vote on public drinking bye-laws

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Interesting. I was only going on what was said to the lads on the Plaza on Friday evening. That was the only time over the weekend I saw the Gardaí stopping people drinking.

Kind of on topic, did anyone witness any trouble over the weekend? We passed a fair old scrap on Michael Street on Sunday night on the way from the fireworks to Shortt's. Looked like two or three lads and a couple of girls getting involved too. Pretty sure one of the girls got a slap.
    One of me mates dropped a few of the lads down to the front lounge I think it was. What's that , about 3 minutes in town?
    Said he seen a woman getting 3 smacks off a fella, a few cream crackers fighting amongst themselves and a few lads hopping on 2 chaps I think it was.
    Friend would be nervous about jumping in when he sees a fella hitting a woman as he was almost stabbed ages ago by defending some random woman . Other night he said he just bipped the horn in the car and that seemed to get attention to the woman getting slaps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Guess it wasn't that peaceful after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bye-Laws in full swing on Ballybricken anyway........

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Bye-Laws in full swing on Ballybricken anyway........

It's about time too, nothing worse than seeing a gang of them settling in for he day up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nypd wrote: »
    It's about time too, nothing worse than seeing a gang of them settling in for he day up there.

Slight bit of sarcasm in my post :pac:

• Advertisement

A decade later and sensible bye-laws remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Go and get a mass said for yourself. All over continental Europe parents drink in front of their kids (sometimes every night of the week having wine with their dinner). It doesn't mean the kids will end up problem drinking. Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Completely agree! There should be no mystery to alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Oh so you're able to see into every home in continental Europe all at once and form an opinion based on this? I've lived in Europe and the French do have a binge drinking culture as I've witnessed it first hand having lived there as do the Germans having lived there, Germans can drink beer from the age of 16. You're spouting generic responses like the buses run on time in Germany, guess what!!! They don't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lets leave this 12 year old thread die

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement