Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

ISDW wrote: »

Lol. I have actually met andrea, so can confirm she is a real person, I'll ask her to come in and tell us how and where she met him, they looked good together :)

i can confirm she's real too - I saw her during the week with the dogs - no Lee Sharpe though unless he was hiding in the back of the van! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

tk123 wrote: »
    i can confirm she's real too - I saw her during the week with the dogs - no Lee Sharpe though unless he was hiding in the back of the van! :p
    But did she see you tk? Can she confirm you are real?

Also are you inferring she she drives around with 2 rotties and an ex footballer in the back of her van?

*sorry AndreaC :D

mymo wrote: »
    Can she confirm you are real?

I hope so lol! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Interesting weekend, my jrt x decided she had been abandoned on saturday - I had popped next door for an hour - had to leave her as she hates cats:rolleyes: So as revenge she found my hidden stash of chocolate and devoured the lot ( ok 2 pieces - it was a tough week:D) and shredded the wrapping, she then headed for the paper recycling bag and turfed everything out and shredded her way through it!

Yesterday I was sat quietly revising, my son was on the wii in the next room and the two dogs were laid by my feet. All of a sudden there was a loud 'exhalation of air' - a whistling fart! and the terrier shot up and looked round in panic, yep she'd farted and scared herself in the process:D:D
    Myself and my son were crying with laughter..

Finally she decided she was going to escape - she's not allowed outside without a lead as she's uncivilised, but she shot out between my legs and headed off to chase the chickens, finally bribed her with biscuits to come back only for her to wriggle out of my arms and head for the front gate and the road. well I screamed at her out of fright and fair play to her she did a u-turn and came barrelling back to me - first ever time she's come back voluntarily after doing a runner:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ha ha, i wish i had Lee Sharpe in the back of van, lol, although id say Cooper would have something to say about it.

I actually met Lee Sharpe in Temple Bar on Saturday, got my photo taken with him. Very smitten i was as im a big United Fan and would have been really into them when he was playing with them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

andreac wrote: »
    I actually met Lee Sharpe in Temple Bar on Saturday, got my photo taken with him. Very smitten i was as im a big United Fan and would have been really into them when he was playing with them!!

:o I thought Lee Sharpe was a boyband member.

'Twas a lovely pic though. Even lovelier now I know he's not a member of steps or something.

Whispered, I only know who he is 'cos I grew up with all brothers!

GAH!!!!!! :mad: My friend's husband has turned my dog into a jumper-upper! He's started jumping up at nearly everyone we know in the park!! :( He hasn't done it since he was a puppy and was soon trained not to - unlike their dog who does all the time it and they think it's great!! :( So fed up over it! Also he has him snapping treats! :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

tk123 wrote: »
    GAH!!!!!! :mad: My friend's husband has turned my dog into a jumper-upper! He's started jumping up at nearly everyone we know in the park!! :( He hasn't done it since he was a puppy and was soon trained not to - unlike their dog who does all the time it and they think it's great!! :( So fed up over it! Also he has him snapping treats! :(.

1 step forward and two steps back :o

We're still trying to get Millie out of the habit of jumping up on people. She doesn't do it on us anymore but if someone comes to the house that she hasn't seen in a while, she gets really excited.

It's seriously driving me mad!! 'I like when dogs jump up on me' is his answer if i say it to him. When they give him a treat (which is kibble I'd really prefer he didn't have) they do all this messing waving it around make noises etc and sending him wild. I think I'm going to ask them not to give him treats anymore because it's making matters worse. We have enough things to work on without having this to deal with!

• Advertisement

Daughter bought herself a laptop with her Christmas and birthday money, arrived today and she's oohing and aaaahhhing over it the last ten minutes.
    Complained she can see a mark where the dog sniffed it, she wants to know how to clean it!
    Meanwhile my poor laptop with its choc fingerprints, dog nose marks, cat sneezes, bolognaise sauce on lid, is all mine :)

Never asked me how to clean my laptop!

mymo wrote: »
    Daughter bought herself a laptop with her Christmas and birthday money, arrived today and she's oohing and aaaahhhing over it the last ten minutes.
    Complained she can see a mark where the dog sniffed it, she wants to know how to clean it!
    Meanwhile my poor laptop with its choc fingerprints, dog nose marks, cat sneezes, bolognaise sauce on lid, is all mine :)

Never asked me how to clean my laptop!

I was handed the CEO's kid's laptop to fix years ago in my last job... Never seen anything as bad as it - it was like somebody got a caramel bar, put it on the keyboard and closed the lid - the thing was destroyed, sticky and smelly!

Not sure if anybody is interested, but there are two familys of dogs meeting up tomorrow in Carlow, at 9am for a good long walk. Only 4 dogs and 3 owners going so a nice small group.

If anybody would like to join us you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I have entered Peach into her second cat show in Dublin on Paddy's day!! :D:D I am such a crazy cat lady!!

Need to get millie a new collar. She has put on a few pounds since we got her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Am in A+E half the night and not looking like I'll be home anytime soon.

Someone please entertain me :-)

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Am in A+E half the night and not looking like I'll be home anytime soon.

Someone please entertain me :-)

Oh no I hope everything is ok!! Whenever I'm stuck in a and e I have great craic people watching :P

There are mainly sad cases around me. An overdose and a seizure. They think I have a stomach ulcer because I took difene for my dodgy knee!

TillyGirl wrote: »
    There are mainly sad cases around me. An overdose and a seizure. They think I have a stomach ulcer because I took difene for my dodgy knee!
    Oh no that sounds painful, I saw a dog after being given difene once so just be happy in the thought you won't be as bad as that dog was :D

Aw poor dog :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Was just browsing here and came across the tip from ISDW about getting rid of fox poo smells, delighted cos Lily had a rub in some yesterday, 1st time ever and hopefully last and I'm convinced I can still smell it from her despite the washing so I'm gonna try that when I get home, presume it doesn't have to be Heinz and that Aldi's own brand will work just as well?!!

Tillygirl - hope you're ok!

Andrea, hope you passed Lee your phone number?!

Hope you're home now Tillygirl, and feeling better.
    When my daughter was in A&E few months ago (similar reason) we got great entertainment from the guy next to her.

He hated needles and every time they went near him he started loudly saying "kill me, why you no kill me now...just kill me!" "I no bloody blood left, you take all it!"
    His English wasn't good but he was funny, and such a baby.

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Was just browsing here and came across the tip from ISDW about getting rid of fox poo smells, delighted cos Lily had a rub in some yesterday, 1st time ever and hopefully last and I'm convinced I can still smell it from her despite the washing so I'm gonna try that when I get home, presume it doesn't have to be Heinz and that Aldi's own brand will work just as well?!!

This has made me realise I have a bit of a problem - I don't like tomatoes or sauce (except on pizza) - I think I'd be more disgusted rubbing ketchup on him than him having the poo on him in the first place!! :p

Hope you're feeling better Tillygirl. Nearly 21 years into my life and I have yet to experience A&E :P *touch wood*

Haha You know you're a doggy person when as soon as you find out your lectures are cancelled you think "Yes! I can go to the park now with the dog!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

God its bitter outside today!

Went to xtravision at lunchtime and got the €12 deal - 2 movies, 2 large bags chocs, 2 popcorn and a bottle of club orange. For starters it'll be indian takeaway :p

So looking forward to getting home this evening. Once i take the terrible terriers for a walk, I cant wait to get into my pj's, light the fire and get snuggled on the sofa with them. Have a nice pigs ear each for them as well so I wont be the only one stuffing my face.

hope everyone has a nice weekend.

God its bitter outside today!

Went to xtravision at lunchtime and got the €12 deal - 2 movies, 2 large bags chocs, 2 popcorn and a bottle of club orange. For starters it'll be indian takeaway :p

So looking forward to getting home this evening. Once i take the terrible terriers for a walk, I cant wait to get into my pj's, light the fire and get snuggled on the sofa with them. Have a nice pigs ear each for them as well so I wont be the only one stuffing my face.

hope everyone has a nice weekend.

That sounds like a lovely evening, I love film & fire nights and I especially love Indian takeaway. What films did you get? How long will the pigs ears last them?

I've just finished cleaning my house top to bottom, have a few classes later, then heading out for dinner & glass of wine in a friends house, then a weekend of doggies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Whispered wrote: »
    That sounds like a lovely evening, I love film & fire nights and I especially love Indian takeaway. What films did you get? How long will the pigs ears last them?

I've just finished cleaning my house top to bottom, have a few classes later, then heading out for dinner & glass of wine in a friends house, then a weekend of doggies!

Got 'premium Rush' and 'killing me softly' - they're both new releases today so not sure what they're about. They look like action flicks so that'll be me happy!

Scamp will get through his pigs ear in about 15 minutes but maggie will get about an hour out of hers. Once hes finished he'll go over and sit looking longingly at her as if to say 'ah give me a bit'. hes very good though and wont rob it. I should note that hubbie will be there too but ther'll be no room on the sofa for him :p

No wine for me tonite - im working in the morning. my manager in his wisdom gave four people the day off tomw (theres only 8 of us) so its going to be very busy.once i get out of work though (2pm so not so bad)it'll be straight to the woods with the doggies for a long off leash romp.

dinner at a friends sounds lovely - dont know what it is lately - i must be a great host, i seem to have visitors all the time but rarely visit others! hubbie is doing steak and homemade chips tomorrow night and he got give a really nice bottle of red at work during the week so im looking forward to that. im sure you can tell my diet is going really well!

light the fire and get snuggled on the sofa

Way ahead of ya! :p

Since I had the kittens here for a few days ( they will be gone a week tomorrow) cream has gotten so bad for spraying!! He just got up on the bed beside me and sprayed the wall :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Since I had the kittens here for a few days ( they will be gone a week tomorrow) cream has gotten so bad for spraying!! He just got up on the bed beside me and sprayed the wall :(

I've been soooo busy lately, ive only tipped in and out of the forum the last 2 weeks. How are your kittens? Did they make it? Sorry, i know i commented once but haven't checked back since :o

Beanie does the same territory marking too,even when friends have stayed over, let alone having other animals in the apartment. He has his own designated area that's only his, but still has his little moments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement