Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Thread.

Comments

lord lucan wrote: »
    Was that you?

Yeah, the "Harry Potter lookalike" is me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Karsini wrote: »
    Yeah, the "Harry Potter lookalike" is me.

Was a pleasure almost meeting you. :)

lord lucan wrote: »
    Was a pleasure almost meeting you. :)

Thanks. If I knew it was you I would have said hello. Had no idea! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thanks. If I knew it was you I would have said hello. Had no idea! :o

Sorry,forgot my Lord Lucan namebadge!:P

On a serious note,these things happen on days like that. I'm not looking for the perfect shot,there's guys out there with a much better eye and much better equipment than i have. I used to do the whole "On your marks,get set,go" malarky as soon as the train pulled on to the platform and the race to get position. Now i couldn't be bothered,i just enjoy the sights and sounds and take a few pics for my own benefit.

Fair play to everyone at Downpatrick,they really went out of their way to cater for enthusiasts. Whilst it's not a mainline with day to day operations it's still a live railway so their accomodation of requests and access to the permanent way for pics was much appreciated.

Apologies Victor,didn't mean to drag it off topic.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,929 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Sadly I wasn't off at Downpatrick asking for film star's autographs or wielding crowbars, instead making do with a few miserly loco snaps around the Dublin area and photos taken today during a rare visit to the Broadstone, head office of the MGWR. It was open to tours as part of the Open House weekend. The hallway in the photo is the one which is behind the front doorway; the dark corridor is where the public booking office was.

DSCF8522_zpsf40fa297.jpg

DSCF8536_zps0f1205f4.jpg

DSCF8542_zps1ab11eaa.jpg

DSCF8546_zpsa6119c54.jpg

DSCF8554_zpsdd96516d.jpg

DSCF8576_zpse52118d8.jpg

DSCF8662_zps3daf6276.jpg

DSCF8682_zps36ec2286.jpg

DSCF8692_zps8625c1ae.jpg

DSCF8559_zps49a7d11f.jpg

DSCF8676_zps735f524c.jpg

DSCF8547_zps06870075.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

I have to live with that crap (the lookalike thing) constantly now and it does my head in. :(

Not one person told me to get out of the way of anything, I would have happily moved if I was.

First of all, I would like to unreservedly apologise for the insult. I will delete it from the thread. Also, if I see you at any future rail events, I promise to approach you and apologise face-to-face.
    John.

First of all, I would like to unreservedly apologise for the insult. I will delete it from the thread. Also, if I see you at any future rail events, I promise to approach you and apologise face-to-face.
    John.

Ah now, can you two not settle this in proper railway fashion?

That is, build a rival railway close each others property that goes nowhere as such but which gets in the way of the other :pac:

Ah now, can you two not settle this in proper railway fashion?

That is, build a rival railway close each others property that goes nowhere as such but which gets in the way of the other :pac:

And get Luas to build the connection.... who's on??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Evening all,

Some more pictures from Sunday:

- 22037 operated a trial between Dundalk and Belfast Central.
    - Belfast Great Victoria Street Station.
    - RPSI Maynooth Shuttles from regular contributor Barry Pickup.

Click http://smu.gs/1yOZrvK to view.

The Wanderer.

461_Townsend%20St_19102014-M.jpg

Evening folks,

A few images of the MK3 transfer from Inchicore to Limerick. The set will transfer to Ennis at a later date for road transfer to the West Clare Railway at Moyasta for "preservation".

Click http://smu.gs/1pxqinT to view.

Enjoy,
    The Wanderer.

DSC_5781-S.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Eiretrains

Here are some of my photos snapped recently and on Flickr, including the ITG/DCDR Diesel Gala. :)
    14964360414_a31e73dfe7_n.jpgIR 146 & NIR 8788 - Downpatrick Loop by Eiretrains, on Flickr

14964938483_68871b4f62_n.jpgCIE A39 - Inch Abbey by Eiretrains, on Flickr

15585936282_b34d96cb6a_n.jpgCIE 1960s - Downpatrick by Eiretrains, on Flickr

15357476689_4721a9a1fd_n.jpgSteam 'Enterprise' - Mosney by Eiretrains, on Flickr

15529389592_610a418784_n.jpgSteam 'Enterprise' - Gormanston by Eiretrains, on Flickr

15342887328_94e1a6f88c_n.jpg29k Railcar - Gormanston by Eiretrains, on Flickr

15480254535_159a3d0a85_n.jpgIE 084 'Emerald Isle Express' - Seapoint by Eiretrains, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭angelIRL

Morning all,

some photographs from my trip to the UK last weekend, including some photos of the Great Western Heritage Weekend events: https://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/sets/72157648847933092

15560283556_6a884a0c61_n.jpg
    West Ealing by finnyus, on Flickr

Also, an MK3 transfer took place between Dublin (Inchicore) and Limerick yesterday, for preservation at the West Clare Railway. GM 085 was in charge:

15574866006_22c71021b1_n.jpg
    Oola by finnyus, on Flickr

Finbarr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

So is the West Clare Railway the mystery purchaser of MkIIIs referred to in another thread? They will look great behind "Slieve Callan" - if the sea air doesn't destroy them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

So is the West Clare Railway the mystery purchaser of MkIIIs referred to in another thread? They will look great behind "Slieve Callan" - if the sea air doesn't destroy them first.

No, they just got 3 Mk3s. The mystery buyer has around 6-7 standards plus EGV 7601 that will need a full refit. There is a youtube clip of the rake being hauled out of Northwall by 077 with DVT 6105 at the rear. That's the rake being bought minus the DVT, 6401 and the other standard that went to West Clare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Broadstone is tiny inside. Hard to believe that was a city terminus for a railway with hundreds of miles of lines.

It is the building itself going to be the Luas station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

From the plans, doesn't look like it.

326063.png
    326064.png

It will be in a cutting(to facilitate buses accessing the depot via a bridge) just outside the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    Broadstone is tiny inside. Hard to believe that was a city terminus for a railway with hundreds of miles of lines.

It is the building itself going to be the Luas station?

It would make a good transport museum in most 1st World countries.

Evening all,

215 and MKIV Set 4007 finally returned to Inchicore Works this evening after their weekend visit to Limerick works to replace a bogie on Standard End carriage 4115. The vehicle suffered a seized axle on the 0700 Heuston - Cork last Thursday.
    Picture of it passing Kishyquirk near Killonan Jct. by "Enniscorthy Up Starter" and I videoed it passing through Portarlington as darkness fell.

Click http://smu.gs/1DBmla4 to view.

20141022_170924-S.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

It would make a good transport museum in most 1st World countries.

No, it wouldn't, it is too small!

10040527353_e2b711ea1b.jpgMaynooth Shuttle 2, 29/09/13 by Salmon Leap (@JohnA390), on Flickr

Can anyone tell me what is that in the roof of 3185?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what is that in the roof of 3185?

It's an air vent for the diesel generator unit.

ClovenHoof wrote: »

It only had two platforms, one for arriving and one for departing trains and two lines for lifting trains. Heuston had just 3 platforms for much of it's working life and it was a far busier station.

Evening folks,

Some photos from earlier today.
    - IWT Liners at Portarlington and Sallins.
    - Visit to Killashee House Hotel, Naas to see Craven 1558 and BREL International 6205.

Click http://smu.gs/10sMaLA
    DSC_5829-M.jpg

Evening folks,

Well today was a rather busy and interesting day.

- First of is an afternoon around Dublin with pictures from Heuston, Tara Street, Howth Jct., Harmonstown and Malahide.
    - Then a selection of pictures from the Model Railway Society of Ireland Exhibition in Raheny.
    - Finally I took a train journey from Connolly to Heuston, however it wasn't your normal ICR transfer. Something strange happened in the Phoenix Park Tunnel tonight.

Click www.thewandererphotos.com and scroll down to "Latest Gallery updates and News" and you'll find links to the three galleries.

Enjoy!
    The Wanderer.

DSC_5872-S.jpg

DSC_5899-S.jpg

DSC_6037-S.jpg

- Finally I took a train journey from Connolly to Heuston, however it wasn't your normal ICR transfer. Something strange happened in the Phoenix Park Tunnel tonight.

DSC_6037-S.jpg

As always, excellent work by Senór Wanderer. I was curious to find out what the Gothic train was all about; by these photos it looked excellent and well worth traveling on.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

Evening all,

Some photos from the evening peak at Heuston last Wednesday.
    Click http://smu.gs/108IAVS

The Wanderer.

DSC_6127-M.jpg

Evening folks,

Todays pictures come from the following locations:

- Thurles (includes bus transfers to/from Limerick Jct. and the site of the Engineering Works).
    - Cahir.
    - Mallow.
    - Killarney.

Click http://smu.gs/1qgAIZi to view.

DSC_6222-S.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭angelIRL

Evening all,

some photos taken over the last few weeks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/

Includes:
    - Great Western Heritage Weekend (based out of Paddington)
    - MK3 transfer from Inchicore - Limerick - Ennis
    - RPSI "Haunted Gaol Express"

15691154405_072c3e10f6_n.jpg
    15681042095_9518a8e748_n.jpg

Finbarr.

• Advertisement

Evening all,

I called in to Roscrea earlier tonight to see the 1940 Ballybrophy - Limerick.
    Click http://smu.gs/10fT3iq to view.

The Wanderer.

DSC_6309-M.jpg

Advertisement