Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon - Lets Play - GTA San Andreas !

• 15-12-2011 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

Hope it's okay to post this here?

Started doing a Lets Play on SA again, and it's so much fun

I forgot how good this game was.... I also forget how and where to do everything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Great vid.
    Surprised you lasted 12 minutes without getting a wanted level! I dont even think i can last that long even today playing that game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Cheers man, here's episode 2 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

If you have a dual analogue controller you should try this little piece of software.

http://www.fileplanet.com/155876/150000/fileinfo/Grand-Theft-Auto:-San-Andreas---SAAC-1.2-Mod.
    (It says its pre setup to work with the original s-controller for box but it's manually configurable)

It uses some weird voodoo memory hook tricks to perfectly emulate the original control system as it was on the ps2.

I don't know if it works with the steam version but it really is worth a try.

kb and mouse will not do the game justice.

Well I can just use my PS3 pad, but since I'm playing on the PC. I wanted to keep it legit :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Fair enough but as far as I know there is no working controller mapping facility in the pc release.
    maybe steam added some but I doubt it.
    the game was made for for dual analogue and the original ps2 control system was pure genius.
    with the pc version and saac.exe you get the best of both worlds.

on a side note. I assume you're using motioninjoy driver for the ps3 controller?
    I had problems with constant disconnects but I suspect this may be due to my crappy bluetooth dongle. how do you find it?

• Advertisement

Yeah I am.. And DS3tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

That was gas, I used to spend hours just arsing around in it looking for interesting cars and doing insane stunt bonuses too.

Btw you have to unlock those areas across the river with missions or else you get a high wanted level like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

If you want to get into the airport, park your car beside the security hut at the gate, climb on top of the car & from there onto the roof of the hut.

The gate will open from the inside & you can go back out for the car if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Thanks for that tallon, I DL SA ages ago on xbox. im gonna play it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

My profile wont allow me to dl this to the 360.
    Would love to get hold of SA again great game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Tallon wrote: »
    I forgot how good this game was.... I also forget how and where to do everything

Everything was coming back to me within the hour but now about two weeks on and I'm still remembering stuff and even finding stuff I didnt notice the first time around! :eek: The game is just epic in ever sense of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭claiva

I downloaded this off xbox live the other night for 1200 points (about €13) and i'm totally addicted again !!!!
    what an epic game, really makes GTA4 look like the piece of un-fun crap that it is !!!!
    MW3 is gonna be collecting dust now for a while !

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I'm playing San Andreas again too on Xbox. It's amazing. It has all the great ingredients for a great GTA. I mean, having a home and a community was a great feeling. Grove St. Hanging around with your homies while they smoke doob, drink booze, drive bys etc.

I'm now currently doing missions in the Badlands, laying low, keeping a low profile. I always wear the proper attire for each area I'm doing missions, to make it more immerseve. For example, I'm wearing wood camo trousers with the hunting jacket instead of looking like a full blown G, standing out like a sore thumb.

It's brilliant. Also, CJ is pretty badass. He shouts the most ridiculous things at people when he's driving it has me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Tallon, are you aware of the awesome multi theft auto multiplayer mod for san andreas?

http://mtavc.com/

:D

I am now.. Think I'll install this over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Tallon, are you aware of the awesome multi theft auto multiplayer mod for san andreas?

http://mtavc.com/

:D
    Abd any issues you have, sign-up to the forum, and report the issues at bugs.mtasa.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Dammit I'm jealous - I have GTA SA for my old laptop, but I've since got a new one, and I'm not sure if I still have the CD code for the game.

I'll have a look though, cause I really enjoyed that game!

It took me ageeees to get past the motorbike/train mission, which nearly put me off the game for good.

I found the story really good for the game, and loved the ending.

The GTA series is amazing, I can see why they went down the more serious road for GTA IV, but tbh I didn't enjoy the characters and story as much.

Just started playing chinatown wars (DS), doesn't look the greatest when compared witht the 3ds games but still amazing fun

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

downloaded SA the other day on xbox, forgotten how great it is but its really strange getting used to the controls, played it first on ps2.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

steve_r wrote: »
    Dammit I'm jealous - I have GTA SA for my old laptop, but I've since got a new one, and I'm not sure if I still have the CD code for the game.

I'll have a look though, cause I really enjoyed that game!

It took me ageeees to get past the motorbike/train mission, which nearly put me off the game for good.

I found the story really good for the game, and loved the ending.

The GTA series is amazing, I can see why they went down the more serious road for GTA IV, but tbh I didn't enjoy the characters and story as much.

Just started playing chinatown wars (DS), doesn't look the greatest when compared witht the 3ds games but still amazing fun

That mission, was the hardest when I first done it. I did it recently and it was easier. Trick is not to turn the bike left or right so much so the bullets hit level with the guys on the train. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

That mission, was the hardest when I first done it. I did it recently and it was easier. Trick is not to turn the bike left or right so much so the bullets hit level with the guys on the train. :D
    I spent hours doing that before accidentally finding a very easy method. There is a bridge support beam fairly early. I got ahead of the train to try get it from the other side since I couldnt get it the way I assume was intended. Ended up going up the bridge support and almost landing on top of the train. Tried it again, got ahead and waited then simply drove on to the back of the train and it was done before I even got to the scrap yard place :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement