Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking @ O'Reilly Threatre, Belvedere College

• 03-02-2009 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Any ideas? Would be arriving about 6.30pm tomorrow night and trying to decide on the best spot to park. Am I gonna get it on street? Is there parking there? Am I better off parking in the Ilac or something and walking over?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Random wrote: »
    Any ideas? Would be arriving about 6.30pm tomorrow night and trying to decide on the best spot to park. Am I gonna get it on street? Is there parking there? Am I better off parking in the Ilac or something and walking over?

Thanks

There is lots of on street parking to hand there and a paid car park behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There has been some hassle with vandalism to on-street vehicles in the area, so pick you spot.

I'm not sure, but I think the college has some parking. Ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Victor wrote: »
    There has been some hassle with vandalism to on-street vehicles in the area, so pick you spot.
    So better off in a paid car park nearby really you reckon from experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Belvedere do have their own underground car park, so check if that will be open. I think on street parking would be safe enough - just don't leave anything lying around the car, and avoid parking on temple street - that's where the local kids are most likely to be hanging around.

Don't know the area very well so I guess parking will depend on what I see first.

I'll be coming down the N3 and I can find my way to Dorset St. Looking at Google maps then I need to swing a left and then a right and park somewhere nearby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So better off in a paid car park nearby really you reckon from experience?
    Well, lets put it this way, Dublin Bus don't terminate buses on Mountjoy Square after 7pm.

Don't know the area very well so I guess parking will depend on what I see first.

I'll be coming down the N3 and I can find my way to Dorset St. Looking at Google maps then I need to swing a left and then a right and park somewhere nearby?

From the N 3, take the right turn after Doyles Corner (Opposite the Cash and Carry) and then left onto Eccles Street and past the Mater Hospital. Straight through the lights and onto Temple Street; the car park for Belvedere is on the right just before the traffic lights.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    From the N 3, take the right turn after Doyles Corner (Opposite the Cash and Carry) and then left onto Eccles Street and past the Mater Hospital. Straight through the lights and onto Temple Street; the car park for Belvedere is on the right just before the traffic lights.
    Is this the paid for car park or is this the underground one at the college?

I'm assuming as I'm not a student I won't get into the college car park itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

The Belvedere College car park is not actually owned by the college afaik, its operated by an independent company and is fully open to the public afaik.

Is this the paid for car park or is this the underground one at the college?

I'm assuming as I'm not a student I won't get into the college car park itself?

I can't say but AFAIK, it's used by some local hotels for residents. Give the college a call in the morning and ask them, 01-8586600

• Advertisement

Tried to Google the car park and this thread comes up .. Google clearly likes Boards!

Am I asking too much to see if you know if it's open late or how much it is? Long shot I know! :)

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I can't say but AFAIK, it's used by some local hotels for residents. Give the college a call in the morning and ask them, 01-8586600
    Number noted. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There's Marlborough St. Car Park which is convenient to Belvedere College. It's open 24 hours. For some reason it's also called Clery's Car Park and it's located at Marlborough St. at Cathal Brugha St.

http://www.q-park.ie/web/qparkie.nsf/pages/WGOR_67PHPC

Thanks lads, full of great info. Let's just hope the weather doesn't screw everything up now :)

Advertisement