Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selection box, whats still lingering?

• 04-01-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭

So the season of selection boxes has come and gone, and I'm sure many of us got them (whether we wanted them or not). So now that the festives are over, what part of them is still languishing on a shelf somewhere, remembering the good old days when it was surrounded by its friends (before you killed and ate them all)?

My house got riddled with cheap Cadburys ones and for some reason, everybody has left the Bags of buttons, Curly wurlys and crunchies lying around looking forlorn. Curly wurly, I understand, its like an annual tradition to leave them lying somewhere, but crunchies? Thats a surprise.

So what do you have sitting there looking at you that you outright refuse to munch? What will still be there for Christmas '07?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Loads of half demolished boxes in the kitchen at work and at home. Mostly Crunchies and Milky Ways. I swear I will vomit into the next selection box I find. Even the sight or smell of any sort of chocolate/sweets is enough to make me nauseous post-Christmas. Need to distribute them amongst local children as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My selection box is untouched as yet... although I don't doubt that my other half will make short work of it if he finds it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Archeron wrote:
    So the season of selection boxes has come and gone, and I'm sure many of us got them (whether we wanted them or not). So now that the festives are over, what part of them is still languishing on a shelf somewhere, remembering the good old days when it was surrounded by its friends (before you killed and ate them all)?

My house got riddled with cheap Cadburys ones and for some reason, everybody has left the Bags of buttons, Curly wurlys and crunchies lying around looking forlorn. Curly wurly, I understand, its like an annual tradition to leave them lying somewhere, but crunchies? Thats a surprise.

So what do you have sitting there looking at you that you outright refuse to munch? What will still be there for Christmas '07?

I can understand the Crunchies being left. I don't get Crunchies - they're pure yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Archeron wrote:
    I'll take 'em.

You can't get much of the Cadbury's stuff in Australia.

I LOVE it all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

There's about 6 of them left in my house......... roll on Halloween :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Snickers- puke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Ate my Curly Wurly last night so that's my selection box gone. Christmas over.
    Oh no wait, I still have a Lindt chocolate reindeer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I want the curly wurly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Lin.ger.ing?? Does not compute. |We've devoured 2 big tins of sweets, 3 selection boxes and box and a 1/2 of biccies in my house so far!

Curly Wurly haters of the world, listen up! Dipped in tea/ hot chocolate the humble Curly Wurly becomes a melty, gooey snack worthy of the gods. mmm... Try it!

Advertisement