Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PW Betting Thread - *Latest PPV Result Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

CMpunked wrote: »
    Ok i stuck on a tenner double on taker and cena, and a triple on punk/orton/sheamo.

I have a feeling punk is gonna screw me over on that one.

All selections must win in both the double and treble, seemed to be a bit of confusion above. You get nothing back if one of the selections loses.

Its annoying that you can't do the Team Johnny and The Undertaker double, basically free money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whatever money is in my account after the football today is going on Taker; I know I won't make much but I'll make some. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Undertaker's odds have shortened again 2/7 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Its annoying that you can't do the Team Johnny and The Undertaker double, basically free money.

How is betting on Team Johnny free money? Teddy Long has been Smackdown GM for 8 years and John Laurinaitis has an off-screen job, the match can easily go either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭johnbobtheslob

the only match that is free money money is undertaker. perhaps the divas match too, that celeb and kelly kelly will win.
    takers at 2/7 now i just put 140 quid on him. the way i see it its a free 40 euro into my pocket.

im kind of baffled that they are giving this kinda odds on taker, he should be as far out as 1/20. meh i cant complain with free money.

heeeere comes the mooooooney dime - a - dollar shane-o-mac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Orim wrote: »
    Right, I'll try to explain better.

Lets say you have two matches and both of them are 4 to 1.

You could put a fiver on each match and if they both won then you would get €50 quid back. But you could also get €25 back if only one won.

If you put a tenner on both of them as a double then you would get say €70 back if they both won. Of course the downside is that if one loses then you get nothing.

EDIT : Treble is the same as a double. I'm not sure but Patent and Trixie sound like those fancy bets that the bookies use to rob people.

If you put a fiver on a double on 2 matches at 4/1, then you'll win (€5 *4) + €5 original stake = €25.

Match B, you'll have (€25 * 4) + €25 stake = €125 total poteltial winnings. You need both to win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Don't know much about wrestling at all (mainly watching tonight for a bit of nostalgia with The Rock) but what do you think of a 5/1 bet for Rock, Jerico and Undertaker to win with Paddy Power?

Cheers.

Paully D wrote: »
    Don't know much about wrestling at all (mainly watching tonight for a bit of nostalgia with The Rock) but what do you think of a 5/1 bet for Rock, Jerico and Undertaker to win with Paddy Power?

Cheers.

Undertaker is a banker, and the other two could go either way.

I personally think Jericho is overpriced and him winning would be the best way to continue the feud with Punk.

Can't call the Rock vs Cena, but have a (personal) suspicion that the Rock might do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

taker, cena, sheamus, orton, and rhodes works out at 15-2. add in punk an it becomes 12.5 to 1. i cant see any reason for big show going over rhodes tonight the only thing that worries me is a DQ and the return of big shows old partner lord tensai

• Advertisement

Big Show has plenty of reason to go over.

Heel makes fun of face.
    Heel embarrasses face week after week.
    Face gets revenge on heel at PPV.

It's booking 101.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Went for an accum of Rock, Orton, Punk and The Great White Sheamus. Could not bring myself to write Team Johnny on a betslip, it sounds too much like twilight.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Undertaker, Kelly Kelly and yer wan, Big Show, Sheamus and Team Johnny for me tonight, 25 euros returns just under 130.

Stuck the last €20 in my account on Taker to win. Only get €5 profit, but thats my bet for the football tomorrow night...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Thinkin of puttin 50 euro on a six match accumulator,

CM Punk 1/2
    John Cena 4/5
    The Undertaker 1/5
    Sheamus 8/15
    Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly 1/4
    Kane 5/2

Total stake: 50.00
    Potential returns: 1086.75

What u think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Punk is the dodgy one there imo.
    I can see Jericho winning the match without winning the title, giving him the psychological edge over Punk and building the feud nicely

I can see Jericho winning the match without winning the title, giving him the psychological edge over Punk and building the feud nicely

I read somewhere on the web that
    Jerico is meant to be taking a few months to go tour with Fozzy so wouldd it make since to put the strap on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Aye I think its possible that Jericho wins and Punk chases which to be fair is where the money is.

Can't see Kane beating Orton to be honest.

Cena disposed of him time and time again earlier in the year, and the feud is very very poor. If Kane wins it drags on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The Bull wrote: »

CM Punk 1/2
    John Cena 4/5
    The Undertaker 1/5
    Sheamus 8/15
    Kane 5/2

What u think?

Very face heavy. Fair enough it's WrestleMania but I'd expect at least one heel winner in the main events. Although I suppose John Cena might count as a heel tonight. :D The lack of other face winners increases the chances of Kane winning though and in fairness not much point having Kane around if he keeps jobbing to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

CM Punk 1/2
    John Cena 4/5
    The Undertaker 1/5
    Sheamus 8/15
    Kane 5/2

What u think?

On a novelty market (yes, it's a novelty market), I wouldn't expect any bookie to A - Allow Multiples, or B - Make themselves liable for more than €50-€100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 biotinforte

wwe title match have good odds. it my openine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Very face heavy. Fair enough it's WrestleMania but I'd expect at least one heel winner in the main events. Although I suppose John Cena might count as a heel tonight. :D The lack of other face winners increases the chances of Kane winning though and in fairness not much point having Kane around if he keeps jobbing to everyone.

Its all he has done for most of his career, one more job won't do him any harm:P

CM Punk 1/2
    John Cena 4/5
    The Undertaker 1/5
    Sheamus 8/15
    Kane 5/2

What u think?

Thanks for the advice, I have gone ahead with it, hopefully it will work out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

On a novelty market (yes, it's a novelty market), I wouldn't expect any bookie to A - Allow Multiples, or B - Make themselves liable for more than €50-€100

Accumulators are allowed and the max stake is €140, on Paddy Power anyway.

Imagine how much money the bookies will make if Taker/Trips ends in a draw/no-contest. Undertaker remains 19-0 and the streak goes on without him actually winning, this thread would explode :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Charisteas wrote: »
    Imagine how much money the bookies will make if Taker/Trips ends in a draw/no-contest. Undertaker remains 19-0 and the streak goes on without him actually winning, this thread would explode :pac:

Results will be taken from wwe.com on the day after the event. Draw no bet. PP decision is final in settlement

Money back if its a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scon86

CM Punk 1/2
    John Cena 4/5
    The Undertaker 1/5
    Sheamus 8/15
    Kane 5/2

What u think?

you cannot the kelly kelly match or the GM matchs in a accumulator

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Results will be taken from wwe.com on the day after the event. Draw no bet. PP decision is final in settlement

Money back if its a draw

Oh yeah, good spot.

• Advertisement

scon86 wrote: »
    you cannot the kelly kelly match or the GM matchs in a accumulator

Well i did and there was no problem

Advertisement