Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Being able to fight Junior Dos Santos would put me one step closer to that dream.

It would alrite Frank cause if Old Nog rocked you, Cigano would knock you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it's funny that people posting here think that Brock would of gotten a shot here. 0% chance it was going to Brock after 2 losses
    Mir is prob going to get it. He'll be replaced with Werdum or Silva vrs Cain.
    Also no chance Hunt is getting it either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mellor wrote: »
    I think it's funny that people posting here think that Brock would of gotten a shot here. 0% chance it was going to Brock after 2 losses

One loss Overeem is a cheat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

rovert wrote: »

He passed the scheduled and 2 random drug tests before the match though :confused:

He is a cheat now (according to the 'A' sample at least), he wasn't a cheat then.

Mellor wrote: »

Yeah no chance Hunt will get it. But UFC have given shots to fighters before who don't deserve it like Machida comes to mind, he beat Couture but before that lost to Shogun(some would say twice) & Rampage before that. UFC wouldn't say no to another Lesnar pay day if they had a opportunity like this where a fighter who won a no.1 contender fight was caught cheating.

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    He passed the scheduled and 2 random drug tests before the match though :confused:

He is a cheat now (according to the 'A' sample at least), he wasn't a cheat then.

His career over the past number of years needs to be called into question.

Overeem is on another level when it comes to drug testing.

His career over the past number of years needs to be called into question.

Overeem is on another level when it comes to drug testing.

Just because he got caught for cheating now doesn't necessarily mean that he's always been cheating (not to say it hasn't either iykwim).

It's unfortunate, but hopefully it'll shock a few people into 1) Not starting on PEDs and 2) Making people currently on PEDs realise that they're not invincible

Will Fedor fight former WWE star?

MMAjunkie.com is reporting that Bobby Lashley is under consideration to fight Fedor Emelianenko on 6/21 in St. Petersburg, Russia on an M-1 Global event.

Lashley has been talked about for Emelianenko in the past, including being under consideration to face him on the Affliction show that ended up not happening when Josh Barnett failed his steroid test a few years back.

Fair ****s to him but yep Bobby is going to get mauled

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope Lashley's improved b/c the fights i've seen he's had a rough enough time with supposed tin cans. I'm sure the payoff will be great though so it's all gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He tested fine both before and after the fight. I'm not saying he wasn't using at the time.
    But that result is staying as a loss. He looked so poor that claiming it wasn't a loss would be embarrassing.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah no chance Hunt will get it. But UFC have given shots to fighters before who don't deserve it like Machida comes to mind, he beat Couture but before that lost to Shogun(some would say twice) & Rampage before that. UFC wouldn't say no to another Lesnar pay day if they had a opportunity like this where a fighter who won a no.1 contender fight was caught cheating.

Machida got the shot as Evans was out and there was nobody else availible.
    He was still one of the better LHWs regardless of his losses.

• Advertisement

Went to put on the UFC & the French League Cup final is on & into extra time. FFS espn.

After watching the countdown show. I REALLY want to see Evans floor UFC goldenboy Jones.

Mixed
    Martial
    Archie

Time mark: 2.28

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Just because he got caught for cheating now doesn't necessarily mean that he's always been cheating (not to say it hasn't either iykwim).

Overeemtimeline.jpg

the lads on mma uncensored were talking about this last week and asking "what workout can make your head expand so much" :D

My boy D.Meltzer after leaving Yahoo Sports jumped today to the respected high end Grantland site today. His first column is all about the Overeem insanity.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7829692/will-alistair-overeem-rule-ufc-#8212-bring-down

rossie1977 wrote: »

the lads on mma uncensored were talking about this last week and asking "what workout can make your head expand so much" :D

That proves nothing about illegal substance abuse to be fair.

Lashley in a clubbering scrap in India

Dana White completed his transition into Vince McMahon/Eric Bischoff overnight attacking my man big Dave Meltzer in a bizarre rant.

Why the crack about Dave was unfair:
    And to address his attack on Meltzer regarding Yahoo!, it's not as if Meltzer was "fired" from Yahoo! because of a lack of quality or for his abilities in the realm of business advice. His Wrestling Observer newsletter has been a highly successful venture for decades. Yahoo! decided not put as much of their resources into covering MMA as they had been doing, and decided not to pay Meltzer what he would have rightfully felt he was owed. And in the time since Meltzer has left, the CEO that made those decisions at Yahoo! has lost his job as well. It's not something that has any bearing on the situation, but White uses it here as an attack. This was another in a long line of reactionary responses from White that distorts things on this front, while ignoring some of the reason why criticism is being levied in the first place.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_13291.shtml

Dave Meltzer's own comment on it:
    Here's all I want to say.

Dana called me and told me what he was going to do ahead of time saying he didn't want to blindside me. He was pissed at the article in last week's Observer and if he's pissed he doesn't hold it in. And I've got no issue with that or with him. I wish he hadn't brought up the Yahoo thing just because it brings sympathy to me that I don't want and that it probably does him no benefit to the outside world to be doing. It appears he's kicking a guy when he's down and I'm not down, so it didn't bother me, but to the outside world, I don't know how it comes across.

Rather than rallying around me or saying Dana's turning into Eric or Vince, just read the article. If you think I wasn't fair and presenting both sides of the story, then he's right to be mad. If you think I was fair, then that's cool. Any discussions should be about the points in the article because if anyone thinks I'm mad at him, well, that's the furthest thing from the case.

As far as I'm concerned, I thought the article was fair. He didn't. We've disagreed before and agree far more than we disagree when it comes to the product.

Those who do not read history are doomed to repeat it. Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors are destined to repeat them. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

i love dana's rants. Never fails to entertain.

He burned meltzer pretty bad with that final line also I must say.

Digitalism wrote: »
    He burned meltzer pretty bad with that final line also I must say.

But it isnt true. Dave's department were beating their targets. There was no way for Dave save his job other than become CEO. I dont think he would have the time to do that and get the Observer out Wednesday. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I literally can't distinguish him from Eric Bischoff.

Why the hell does he need to read out the fights from a sheet of paper shouldn't Dana know them already?
    Also wondering is he expecting that when all those old people die that NCIS will get canceled?
    At least he didn't call someone a f*ggot again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey lads what's this "The Reem – Ep 11 Good, Bad and The Ugly" show? Is it any good?
    "Alistair goes to Vegas for the UFC 146 press conference and has a media tour with champion JDS.
    After he arrives at his new place in Miami where everything is going fine, then all of a sudden some bad news comes in."

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey lads what's this "The Reem – Ep 11 Good, Bad and The Ugly" show? Is it any good?

Basically it's a lead up to the 146 event, the media functions JDS and Reem did together and then the news of the elevated TE:E ratio and finally the appeal hearing.

Well worth the 30 minutes in my opinion.

The INTERNET WRESTLING COMMUNITY IS TURNING.

60a21d1a.jpg

Results of a running Wrestling Observer poll

Glad UFC is at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

King Mo having an effect already :D.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Glad UFC is at the bottom.

Careful now Dana might cut a Youtube shoot promo on you. :P
    UFC on FUEL TV 1 ratings (main card): 217,000 viewers
    UFC on FUEL TV 2 ratings (main card): 197,000
    UFC on FUEL TV 3 ratings (main card): 173,000
    UFC on FX 1 ratings (prelims): 148,000
    UFC on FOX 2 ratings (prelims): 144,000
    UFC on FX 2 ratings (prelims): 113,000
    UFC on FOX 3 ratings (prelims): 86,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The UFC have really over exposed themselves I think with cards seemingly every other week these days. That said, I'm really looking forward to Saturday's event.

• Advertisement

The UFC have really over exposed themselves I think with cards seemingly every other week these days. That said, I'm really looking forward to Saturday's event.

There is an MMA thread /backseat mod.

But yeah there used to be a time I could tell you when the next few cards were and largely every main card fight pretty much but now no way. Caring about the fights and fighters wise it is even worse with so many injuries and suspensions not to mention a lack of stars.

People genuinely talk to me about the Randys and Chucks like they would Austin and Rock.

Advertisement