Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If the 20th was just a vita thing they wouldn't bother with those playstation evolutions things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

After today. it has never looked more obvious that it is the PS4.

Any game news?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    Any game news?

Destiny will probably be a launch title [whether that means launch day or window is a guess]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I should probably unsubscribe from this... I just sold my Vita.

Otacon wrote: »
    Destiny will probably be a launch title [whether that means launch day or window is a guess]

Not for Vita?

• Advertisement

Not for Vita?

Ah sorry, I thought you were talking about the PS4.

These are the ones I'm looking forward to:

Muramasa Rebirth
    Valhalla Knights 3
    Guacamelee!
    Kickbeat
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

and obviously Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone Mercenary etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Soul Sacrifice gameplay trailer. It's looking pretty good, looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

cloud493 wrote: »
    Took them long enough >.<

TBH I'd given up on that ever coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

TBH I'd given up on that ever coming out.

All I saw from that clip was a guy pretending to surf and a drunk woman with David Bowie eyes trying to steady herself.

• Advertisement

Just seen last night that the Home Arcade App is available for the Vita in Ireland. Downloaded it last night. Don't think I'll bother much with it but I thought it might be of interest to people here.

Hotline Miami coming to PS Vita

Been waiting for this. \o/

Any word on a release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That is quite honestly the best news I've ever heard regarding the Vita. I could live with having to play my Final Fantasy games on the PS3, I could live with not being able to watch a movie on a great screen while travelling... but I can not live with the fact I own Hotline Miami on Steam yet my laptop can't run it :(

Any word on a release date?

This article just mentions a Spring release window, so I'm sure it's any day now ¬_¬

I downloaded Lumines with Playstation Plus and I had a go with it last night. I can't say I'm really seeing the appeal of it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

This has probably been asked before but would there be any downsides to buying a Vita in America? I'm in Vegas in a couple of months and I'm almost certain that they're cheaper there than they are in Ireland or the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I downloaded Lumines with Playstation Plus and I had a go with it last night. I can't say I'm really seeing the appeal of it at the moment.

Agreed. It doesn't really grab me. Maybe it will grow on me but at the moment I am not too bothered by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before but would there be any downsides to buying a Vita in America? I'm in Vegas in a couple of months and I'm almost certain that they're cheaper there than they are in Ireland or the UK.

You may get DLC compatibility issues and need to use a US account and it's 1 account per vita, you can change account but it's not trivial and requires a internet connection.

If anything happens you're screwed, not like you can go back to the shop and it's up to Sony Europe if they bother to honour you warranty.

Get the memory cards over there but I'd get the console here and with a credit card ( the way places are closing down)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Varik wrote: »
    You may get DLC compatibility issues and need to use a US account and it's 1 account per vita, you can change account but it's not trivial and requires a internet connection.

If anything happens you're screwed, not like you can go back to the shop and it's up to Sony Europe if they bother to honour you warranty.

Get the memory cards over there but I'd get the console here and with a credit card ( the way places are closing down)

The Vita itself has no region. If he buys it in the States but sets up an Irish PSN account with it, he'll be fine. There have been no regional DLC issues so far, but you are accurate that they might arise. Unlikely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got US, Irish and UK accounts set up but if Vita can only take one then my PS+ subscription is on my UK account so I'm guessing that's the one I'd need to link the Vita to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Yup, use the one with your PS+ so you get the free games

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've got US, Irish and UK accounts set up but if Vita can only take one then my PS+ subscription is on my UK account so I'm guessing that's the one I'd need to link the Vita to.

It's the games and their possible DLC issues we're talking about, not the actual handheld.

If you just buy the console/memory cards over there and get any retail games here it's fine, you can just use your UK account then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Would have got one if there was. I'll hold out for the aftermath of E3 so, there should be one by then and more details in how it interacts with the PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Nearly got my 1st platinum trophy on the Vita in Lego Lord of the Rings Just need to 100% the game and there is very left to buy

And after this i never wont to play another Lego game ever after this LoL

Now done and dusted i have never been so happy to see the back of game in my life

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Persona 4 Golden is out tomorrow for €50 in or €40 on PSN, can't recommend this enough it is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Persona 4 Golden is out tomorrow for €50 in or €40 on PSN, can't recommend this enough it is class.

I would love to give this a go. Heard a lot of good. Though my wallet is not great and space on memory card too! :)

Smyths have discounts on most Vira titles. Saw Need for Speed for 25 and I picked up Assassins Creed for 30. Needed something to play and figured it would kill some time, gonna grab NFS next week I think.

Cheers for the heads up. Just picked up for NFS for €25. Looking forward to giving a good lash now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would love to give this a go. Heard a lot of good. Though my wallet is not great and space on memory card too! :)

€50 in gamestop, just go buy 3 games in xtravision and trade them in for €50 credit, big thread in bargain alerts on this deal, it's how I will be getting an Irish one to go with my US one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement