Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DoneDeal.ie

• 08-07-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

WTF! OMFG!

put my van for sale this morning at 10 and my phone went into meltdown!!! van sold at 7 pm to the first person that saw it

Good Work Internet Sales Type Fellahs:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭high horse

Ooooooo!!! no recession around here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

what type of van was it year etc. how much did it go for ...........

i would say ur very very lucky no market for vans out there anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

must've been too cheap :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Sold a very high mileage (320,000 miles) but very clean VW Caravelle on donedeal.ie in 8 hours and got almost twice what I had been offered previously. Great site, might be even better now that buy&sell in in financial difficulties ( teletext this evening RTE1)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's infinitely better then B&S, but similar to B&S it seems to be viewed as bargain basement. I doubt you would sell a €20k car on Done Deal! Then again you would be doing well to sell a €20k car anywhere at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

it was a transit connect 06 going for €3500 and before you say its too cheap ....... it wasnt getting more valuble and ppl pricing there similar vans at 6 or 7 were not selling it i was happy to shift it

ah jesus i sold my fiat doblo 2006 1.3 two weeks ago for 6950.00 cleared of the finance deal completely ...............

connect would sell for far more than a doblo

ah jesus i sold my fiat doblo 2006 1.3 two weeks ago for 6950.00 cleared of the finance deal completely ...............

connect would sell for far more than a doblo
    yeah, but how overpriced was the car you traded it in against....

well colm if i was to keep that car (if it was in good nick) in 18 months the average value of that car might sit around 4,800 - 5800 lookin at carzone when the loan is paid off

the van in 30 months when the loan would have been cleared off would have been worth 2300 - 2900 looking at carzone as well .

my plan was alway to get a lotus elise but i just cant justify the 17000 euro for a decent one not how things are at the moment , so i did that for the fact in 18 months ild have been much better off with a good trade price .............. but erm think u know how thats going lol

just from hearing about that particular garage that you dealt with, they're not known for giving massive trade-ins unless they're either shafting you on the car, the price of the car, or the finance.

• Advertisement

i know i was shocked when they took the van only reason i went to them nobdy would take the van let alone give me a trade offer on it ........... fiat offered me 3000 against another doblo !!

autox cleared the whole loan ........ although the 1235 cash i gave them was probably more towards that van than the car

before they closed the van was cash price for sale at 6999.00 but in reality they say thats a cash price the finance will cost x amount ........... probably realised the coupe was a complete dog and would be better to shift it for any decent trade in

yup, a cash deposit would be to get the van out of negative equity. so the settlement minus the deposit is what they actually bought the van from you for.

the rest would be the cost of the car.

haha see the thread on that was closed ........... some fella saying i got a phone call today to cese commenting on here ...... i got no such call . ive a suspicion thats the manager from naas . new account just set up pmsl and the name as well is very close

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

haha see the thread on that was closed ........... some fella saying i got a phone call today to cese commenting on here ...... i got no such call . ive a suspicion thats the manager from naas . new account just set up pmsl and the name as well is very close

I think that call went in to the ex-employee, that was the way I read it anyhow!

well i hope not one decent person willing to inform me that i was ripped of and some ex manager calling him looking for trouble ........................

oh if that is the case there will be other ways and aproaches to this problem than sitting back and giving people a chance to sort things out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

WTF! OMFG!

put my van for sale this morning at 10 and my phone went into meltdown!!! van sold at 7 pm to the first person that saw it

Good Work Internet Sales Type Fellahs:D
    I know the lad that runs it, very clued in interweb :p chap.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,901 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I sold my OH's car on B&S in January, and despite repeated emails from me, they've refused to take the ad down (even though it was only supposed to be up for 4 weeks) and I'm still getting phonecalls about it! :mad:

DoneDeal is way better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sold my car on it last week - up and sold within 9 hours!

oldyouth wrote: »
    I know the lad that runs it, very clued in interweb :p chap.

tell him hes a legend and my new hero just after the hoff

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

donedeal is brilliant. Sold my car within a day of advertising it. Will definally use it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Pain in the arse to navigate though it has to be said!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sleepy wrote: »
    Pain in the arse to navigate though it has to be said!

Totally agree. Like the site but the search range is WAY to small.

i just went to the site placed ad and paid via my mobile i thought it was ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That site is brilliant. The way they you pay for it makes it seems a whole lot easier/cheaper as well...

I just hope they don't kill what they have by getting greedy, Like some other places have been known to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Yep, I like Donedeal.
    Lots of bargains on there it has to be said. Cheap too @ €3 and your ad goes up immediately. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Sold our car within 48 mins of putting an ad on donedeal! (after adverts.ie of course). I couldn't believe the amount of calls/msgs I was getting. Fair enough we had it at a good price, but it was like feeding time at the croc pit!

Best 3 euro ever, B&S can suck my ass...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The best thing is the per minute update on the site. Brother in law got an A4 quattro there yesterday.
    It was posted at about 11pm Friday night and he had it in his yard at 5pm next day.

Sister in law is looking at Clios, 2 cars she spotted (or should I say I spotted for her!!) were gone when she rang, only up there circ 10 hours!!

Fair play DoneDeal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Put my jeep up on it today and got two calls within 5 mins, with both people coming to have a look tomorrow :) Happy Days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I had a car I'd been trying to sell for seven months, had nothing but scammers when I used Carzone, and no other response from Gumtree, the local paper and a couple of supermarket notice boards. I bumped into a mate and he told me about Donedeal, he sold a car in four hours on there.
    I decided to give it a go, had my first call the next day from a guy whol told me he would buy the car but couldn't get up until the next day so pleaded with me to hold it for him. Seeing as I hadn't had a single genuine caller in seven months I didn't think it would be a problem, I was then inundated with calls wanting to come and look at it, but sure enough the first guy came and bought it. Even after it was gone I was still getting calls about it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Yep. I sold my car in 24 hours with donedeal.ie

Advertisement