Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FREE pre-NCT, is it true???

• 12-12-2007 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Is there a catch with the Advance pit-stop FREE Pre-NCT testing?

I need to get my lights focussed (as per last post) and came across their site as having a free NCT test. I rang and booked in and the man assured me that there was no obligation to get anything fixed, that the pre test would take about 1 hour and it was free.

It doesn’t sit right with me. I was looking at the website and cant find anything saying anything otherwise, but nothing is for FREE, right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Maybe the checks are free, but once they need adjusting you'll be charged for that? Not to mention "Oh, I doubt that exhaust would pass. Better change it now" etc... I haven't heard anything along those lines, but it sounds like if just the checking is free that it's a nice way for them to drum up sales / labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,733 ✭✭✭✭unkel

1 hour? That seems very long

As for free - I'm sure the business model is that they hope / expect you to go ahead with any repairs / tyres they advice you to. So that's how they get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I booked my car in for tracking and all seemed ok till after a bit of driving. The car started pulling to the right, the feckers cost me €50. I take my business elsewhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I'd be amazed if you put your car through and they told you it was fine that it didnt need any work:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Am gonna get my bf to ring in and check this out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bear in mind that they will not guarrantee that the car will pass (even if they convince you to replace everything). You are better off putting the car through and finding out what is wrong with it and get those items fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,733 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kbannon wrote: »
    You are better off putting the car through and finding out what is wrong with it and get those items fixed.

And if you think about it, €49 for a thorough road worthiness check of your car isn't bad value either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Yeah, its just that the lights need to be aligned anyways.

Advertisement