Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Businness, Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship

• 25-05-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any info or experience of the above post grad course being run in WIT. Has anyone taken the course &/or have any feedback ? I am seriously contemplating taking the course but would really like some more info especially from a student.

Thanks
    Demo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Hi

What degree do you have already?

Anytime ive asked for peoples opinions on Masters they have said that there isnt a big difference between a degree and a masters when it comes to getting work?

What industry you are hoping to gain employment in is a big factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Hi

What degree do you have already?

Anytime ive asked for peoples opinions on Masters they have said that there isnt a big difference between a degree and a masters when it comes to getting work?

What industry you are hoping to gain employment in is a big factor.

Thanks for that but It would be great to get some info from someone who sat the course & had experiences to share. I have lots of reasons to do the course not just employment afterwards - want to start my own business for one :-)

Many Thanks
    Demo

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭invara

It is worth talking your decision over with the course director- details are on the WIT website.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭test2014

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Thanks for that but It would be great to get some info from someone who sat the course & had experiences to share. I have lots of reasons to do the course not just employment afterwards - want to start my own business for one :-)

Many Thanks
    Demo

Probably better to just take the money that the masters would cost and invest it in the business. It would actually be better for experience and your CV.

Youre talking 30k for a masters is you add in a year living expenses, loss of earnings and course fees.

test2014 wrote: »
    Probably better to just take the money that the masters would cost and invest it in the business. It would actually be better for experience and your CV.

Youre talking 30k for a masters is you add in a year living expenses, loss of earnings and course fees.

True & there is actually no guarantee at this stage that the course will run in 2014/2015. However, I feel it would be useful to have the masters in order to secure funding, grants & networking opportunities. Still interested in doing it but would definitely like to read/ hear about the experiences of those who took the class in previous years. Thanks

• Advertisement

invara wrote: »
    It is worth talking your decision over with the course director- details are on the WIT website.

Might do that. Perhaps he might be able to confirm course details as well & whether it is to run this year. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 samueldw

did you take it?

Advertisement