Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dress for day after my wedding

• 01-08-2015 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all

My big day is fast approaching and while I'm sorted for the wedding day I can't find anything to wear for the day after event

I'm getting married in Portugal at the end of the month so need something light and simple....bodycon dresses are a no go

I've spent hours searching the Internet and just can't see to find anything

Anyone have any recommendations...I'm at my wits end

TIA

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

I like the idea of a semi wedding dress for the day after. So another white dress but obviously less expensive. They were showing a lot of alternative less expensive wedding dresses on Ireland am for the last month. Especially aimed at getting married away or on a beach etc. So maybe try iclothing as all there stuff comes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Saw some nice ones on Asos, or would you consider a Vintage look, like some delicate, feminine dress, you could look in Rockabilly sort of websites?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Are you looking for white, or another colour? Any particular shape or design? I've just bought one for my own day after, but it's hard to give suggestions without a better idea of what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What size are you op? Have you searched asos wedding guest dresses? They have some amazing dresses. Below are some of my favourites. Sorry I'm on my phone so this is the only way I can attach pics

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kaykay27

Hi guys

Thanks for coming back

I think part of the problem is that I don't know what I want :(

At the moment I'm drawn to midi dresses, maxi and bandeau dresses but it needs to be light....it's hitting 32 degrees in Portugal at the moment so I don't want anything heavy or anything that will be uncomfortable

I'm side 8/10 not confident with the ole Tummy area!!

Any help is appreciated!

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    What size are you op? Have you searched asos wedding guest dresses? They have some amazing dresses. Below are some of my favourites. Sorry I'm on my phone so this is the only way I can attach pics

Thanks Anna

I like the 4th dress - will have a goo at that now

Faith wrote: »
    Are you looking for white, or another colour? Any particular shape or design? I've just bought one for my own day after, but it's hard to give suggestions without a better idea of what you're looking for.

Faith do you mind me asking what you went for? Looking for some inspiration :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

kaykay27 wrote: »
    Faith do you mind me asking what you went for? Looking for some inspiration :)

I looked everywhere for white dresses, and found a gorgeous Chi Chi London one that I totally fell in love with. But it was too long for me :(. I ended up with an ivory strapless chiffon dress from boohoo.com of all places. Cheap as chips, but perfect for the day.

Advertisement