Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries & Blackberries

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Anyone know if lidl are still doing the 100% extra free on Berries or when this ends? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭ooter

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if lidl are still doing the 100% extra free on Berries or when this ends? Thanks :)

They still had some yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just out of interest what sort of yields do blueberry bushes tend to give and do they increase much as the bush gets older?

Need acidy soil for blue berries

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

yep its until stocks last, only on blueberries afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Anywhere in Cork City area with good deals? (not Aldi/Lidil) :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Went to my local lidl today and they had crates of blueberries! Only bought 3 boxes as I don't want them to go off but will defo be going back at the end of the week to see if there's any left. My kids adore them!! :)

Went to my local lidl today and they had crates of blueberries! Only bought 3 boxes as I don't want them to go off but will defo be going back at the end of the week to see if there's any left. My kids adore them!! :)

They freeze and thaw really well, trick is put them on some foil on a baking tray into the freezer, then when frozen bag them up, you can take out as little or as much then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Picked up a small plastic tub of pomegranates earlier in Tesco, think it was 1.69, not bad. One of the most under-rated fruits out there, both taste and nutrients wise, a lot of study's say its the most powerful anti-oxidant of any fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

http://www.lidl.ie/en/freshoffers.htm?action=showDetail&id=25852

Lidl doing two punnets of strawberries for €4 from today for the next week, theres 33% off the normal price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Not a bargain but my mother brought me a large punnet of Wexford strawberries yest. They're the first Irish strawberries I've had this year and they cost a whopping €9 but they were incredible. No waste. I guess you get what you pay for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

My local Lidl (Galway) had the usual 125g punnets of raspberries for 99c (reduced from €1.79) this morning. I don't know if it's nationwide or not.

^^^^

Anyone know if it is all branches of lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yep, was on in mine

2 punnets blackberries in Lidl this week for €3. Each punnet is 125g
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/freshoffers.htm?action=showDetail&id=26131

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I never buy blackberries. Come August/September they are free in every hedgerow. I'm happy to wait until they are in season here as I can't get a better price than 'free'. :)

All delighted to know that im sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I never buy blackberries. Come August/September they are free in every hedgerow. I'm happy to wait until they are in season here as I can't get a better price than 'free'. :)

Same here , I love the freebies , they taste so much nicer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Friend got 2kg of fresh strawberries for €5 in a Polish supermarket in Blanchardstown, said they were amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Same here , I love the freebies , they taste so much nicer :)

Ya get worms off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

athtrasna wrote: »
    Friend got 2kg of fresh strawberries for €5 in a Polish supermarket in Blanchardstown, said they were amazing.

Polish Strawberries are amazing in the season (and cheap;)). They are grown outside, not in green houses.

Highly recommended:D

Season is short for those, prices wil go up soon.

€5 for 2kg is very, very cheap given the transit time, cost and quality.

• Advertisement

"Ya get worms off them. "

They add to the flavour! :D

vicwatson wrote: »
    All delighted to know that im sure...

It IS a thread for real bargains, after all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ya get worms off them.

Pesticides = no worms.

No pesticides = worms.

I actually have no problem with naturally grown fruit that is eaten by other forms of life.

What worries me is the amount of fruit and vegetables that no worm would touch;)

I look forward to the blueberry season on the local mountain - another month or so should be there

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    It IS a thread for real bargains, after all! :)

Yeh? So where's the bargain??....oh I have to wait until September for it. Doh.

Hey vic , if there is a berry bargain , I have no doubt you will find it first :):)

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yeh? So where's the bargain??....oh I have to wait until September for it. Doh.

Well, yes. Doh! No matter what way you look at it, 'free' is always a bargain.

Saw 300g Strawberries in Lidl for €1.99 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

2kg of fresh cherries (Spanish) in SV Ballinteer today for €5, sign said a saving of €14.96. Bought 2 boxes of them and 1st is nearly gone.

Not sure if it's in every branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I live in dublin city center... where is the best/nearest spot to go pick wild blueberries?? not that i would do it on a ongoing basis but sounds like a nice activity to do with the family on a nice summer day

Advertisement