Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Quackster wrote: »
    Dunnes's (crazily long at this stage) current shop & save run is surely responsible for this reaction from Lidl.
    The question now is, when will Aldi likewise respond?!...
    No it is not. Lidl is on its own marketing drive - they've opened more stores and are trying to convince customers to switch to them, they've also fallen behind Aldi in customer share of the market.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dunnes offer isnt great, you have to get €50 worth twice to get the €10 off. So it's only a tenner off €100, which is 10%, as opposed to the Lidl offer which is 20% off and only one shop is necessary

Wrong. Only your first €50 euro spend during the promotion period isn't discounted. For every subsequent €50 spend (assuming it's within ten days of the previous one) you get a tenner off from the voucher you received in your previous shop.

So as I've maybe done about twelve €50 shops in Dunnes since the middle of March when the current run began, I've saved €110 on €600 worth of shopping which equates to 18.3%.

And over most of that period neither Lidl nor Aldi had any vouchers.

snubbleste wrote: »
    No it is not. Lidl is on its own marketing drive - they've opened more stores and are trying to convince customers to switch to them, they've also fallen behind Aldi in customer share of the market.

I would dispute this. From the last set of Kantar Worldpanel figures released on the 11th May:

Among the big three retailers Dunnes has posted the strongest sales growth of 3.6%, lifting its market share from 21.5% to 22.0%.

And:

One of the most interesting trends in the latest data is the slowing growth rate of both Aldi and Lidl. While the 8.8% growth posted by Aldi and 7.8% for Lidl remains impressive, this is the first time since 2010 that both Aldi and Lidl have grown their sales by less than 10%

And from the latest set of figures released literally right now:

Dunnes posted the strongest sales growth among the big three retailers at 4.1%, bringing its share to 21.9%. This is the retailer’s sixth consecutive month of growth, despite some negative publicity in recent months. Shoppers have added more items to their baskets while visiting Dunnes and have also increased their basket spend by €3.40 this period.

And:

Aldi and Lidl grew sales by 8.0% and 7.1% respectively. Aldi and Lidl now hold a combined share of 17%. Both retailers have seen their growth slow over the past few months, but remain in a strong position given the overall market growth of 1.2%.

So as you can see, the rate of growth at Dunnes has been increasing over the past few months while the rate of growth at Aldi and Lidl has been declining over the same period.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't see your point.
    Lidl are not under pressure from Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Kantar scanner does not, as yet, let you encode if you used these kind of vouchers. Its apparently being added soon in a replacement codebook. Those figures would be very, very interesting to see.

If Tesco's return to #1 is funded by taking 20% off vouchers from other retailers it'll be loss making in most cases.

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't see your point.
    Lidl are not under pressure from Dunnes.

After several years of maintaining stunning rates of growth, over the past few months Lidl's and Aldi's growth rates have dropped markedly while at the same time Dunnes's growth rate has picked up significantly.

As they are all competing for the same pie, it is not too much of a stretch presuming the the one is at least in some way related to the other.

I never suggested that Lidl was under pressure from Dunnes but it is blindingly obvious that Lidl doesn't want to loose their growth momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ah here will yis go off and discuss supermarket market share in consumer issues or somewhere ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

The headlines scream Tesco back on top. The reality is Tesco are still hurting.

This time last year, Tesco had 26.3% share. Tesco now have 25.2% share. Meaning, Tesco have lost 4.50% YoY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Quackster wrote: »
    Wrong. Only your first €50 euro spend during the promotion period isn't discounted. For every subsequent €50 spend (assuming it's within ten days of the previous one) you get a tenner off from the voucher you received in your previous shop.

So as I've maybe done about twelve €50 shops in Dunnes since the middle of March when the current run began, I've saved €110 on €600 worth of shopping which equates to 18.3%.

And over most of that period neither Lidl nor Aldi had any vouchers.
    Their loyalty scheme is certainly working on you then, very loyal arent we?

• Advertisement

Their loyalty scheme is certainly working on you then, very loyal arent we?

Not loyal, merely out to get maximum bang for my buck. I have Dunnes, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl and Supervalu all quite close to me and will happily shop in whichever one gives me the best deal at any particular time.

But yes, the Dunnes scheme is very clever as you have to keep going back to Dunnes to use your voucher in order to get a new one. Use your Dunnes voucher in Tesco and you don't get a new one so you lose out.

So yeah, why wouldn't I spend €40 for €50 of groceries in Dunnes every week at the moment?! It's a complete no-brainer!! :D

Now. There is a 10 off 50 voucher in Sindo and World coming next Sunday.

Also, on Saturday in the Indo there's a voucher for a free 4 pack (4x500ml) of carrig glen flavoured water.

MORE 10 off 50 Vouchers in Sindo and World next week !!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

vicwatson wrote: »
    MORE 10 off 50 Vouchers in Sindo and World next week !!

And aldi ones in other papers. The sun is the cheapest.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/voucher-terms-and-conditions/
    Pick up your papers and save €10 at Aldi
    Irish Independent every Thursday and Friday
    Irish Sun every Saturday
    Irish Examiner every Saturday

Terms and Conditions

*See back of voucher for dates of use. Voucher must be presented before purchasing items at the till. Voucher valid for €10 off your shopping when you spend €50 in a single transaction. One voucher per single transaction. Copied, damaged or defaced vouchers will not be accepted - only original vouchers are valid. Excludes infant Formula Milk. This voucher has no cash value, is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. This voucher remains the property of Aldi stores Ltd and is not for resale or publication.

appears like its going to be ongoing.

Ah yeh, but only posted in here as its the Lidl thread :D;)

Sunday Indo and world for 10 off 50 spend voucher today !!

Another one today same papers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Gutted as totally forgot about these in today's papers. Don't suppose any one here has any spare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

irishchris wrote: »
    Gutted as totally forgot about these in today's papers. Don't suppose any one here has any spare?

Run to the shop? Just picked up mine in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Run to the shop? Just picked up mine in tesco

Unfortunately live 45 mins from nearest town and tried all the local shops earlier before they closed and no joy :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Anyone know if you can buy a €50 Tesco giftcard with the €10 LIDL voucher and then use it to buy fuel afterwards?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

kfrp wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can buy a €50 Tesco giftcard with the €10 LIDL voucher and then use it to buy fuel afterwards?

If you can get them to sell you the giftcard, yes. This is becoming rarer and rarer, as it is specifically excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Might just be a local thing but I got a flyer earlier in the post with 25% off fruit and veg this week and 25% off meat,poultry & fish next week.The flyer also has a voucher for 10% off if you spend €30 or more.

This is for Lidl,Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

zerks wrote: »
    Might just be a local thing but I got a flyer earlier in the post with 25% off fruit and veg this week and 25% off meat,poultry & fish next week.The flyer also has a voucher for 10% off if you spend €30 or more.

This is for Lidl,Enniscorthy.

Does it say on the voucher T&C's that is specifically for that shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

When are the next newspaper vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Discodog wrote: »
    When are the next newspaper vouchers?

Aldi
    Irish Independent every Thursday and Friday
    Irish Sun every Saturday
    Irish Examiner every Saturday

Lidl
    Sunday World
    Sunday indo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Does it say on the voucher T&C's that is specifically for that shop?

Just had a look,Enniscorthy store only.

In response Aldi here are advertising 25% off everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is this the final week they are in the papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

More in the Sunday World & Sunday Independent this weekend, heard the ad on the radio earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Has anyone else noticed some price increases in lidl. I see some things are dearer lately
    Food wise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement