Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Shockingly amazing. I can't plan my time off in a jiffy, but this is definitely a bargain for those who can!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I'm tempted to take a punt on this
    But tripadvisor is full of complaints about this kind of pricing being a common nasty trick :(

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k5561272-o10-Has_anyone_else_experienced_horrible_service_with_LOGITRAVEL-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

DoctorDre wrote: »

Too good to be true.

If it does not sound right. Check prices on other site. A case in UK over the Christmas where people hoping to fly to South Africa for a cheap price were caught in a scam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

This is definitely not a scam or a trick.

It's what people in the industry call a "self-dump". There is something called "Fuel Dumping" that exists in flight ticketing. It causes the "Fuel Surcharge" also referred to as "YQ" or "YR" to be dumped/eliminated from the price.
    This occurs when two particular airlines are present in the same ticket.
    There are many forums out there where people share their fuel dumping strategies. search on google and you'll easily find them

In this particular dump, it seems that the online travel agent has automatically paired two airlines that are causing a dump for you. Lan Airlines is causing the long-haul Lufthansa fuel surcharge to be eliminated.
    This is a very rare find and if anyone from Dublin is interested to go to Argentina, I say do it.

You cannot be held responsible for this as you simply searched for DUB-EZE flights and were provided with a dumped flight. You didnt knowingly seek a dumped flight by manually pairing two separate airlines.

Definitely not a scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

pete_fire wrote: »
    This is definitely not a scam or a trick.

Did you sign up just to post that?

A golden rule of mine is that if a new account signs up to Boards and their first and only post contains the words "This is definitely not a scam", then it's definitely a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

Did you sign up just to post that?

A golden rule of mine is that if a new account signs up to Boards and their first and only post contains the words "This is definitely not a scam", then it's definitely a scam.

thought id share some knowledge.

but have it your way...its a scam. dont book it mate

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

From the website...

WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU WAIT FOR YOUR E-TICKET CONFIRMATION EMAIL BEFORE MAKING FURTHER PLANS.
    BECAUSE THIS IS AN ERROR-FARE, THERE IS ALWAYS THE SMALL CHANCE THE AIRLINE MAY CANCEL THE TICKET.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭stevephoto

anyone booked this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

yep. confirmed email and shows up on Lufthansa.

Paddys weekend sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

had anyone else had success? very tempted ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Paddys weekend sorted.

How is it showing up on Lufthansa?

The £275 flights are with LAN and Aerolineas Argentinos. It's £589 with Lufthansa, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Did you get a valid booking code from Lufthansa that you can login and view on their own site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Cant seem to get this price......... for dates in april

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Actually scratch that,, got some. Waiting on the OH to text back :) nail biting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cyklo

Guys. What's going to happen if I want to stay in Rio de Janeiro and not proceed to Buenos Aires. There is a 5h gap and plane/airline change.
    Can I get my luggage back in Rio without a problem? For me Rio is more tempting than Buenos Aires.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭stevephoto

Seen my booking confirmation via Lufthansa website. I'll wait for the call to say the flights cancelled or something from this Logitravel (as the reviews seem bad) or it might actually be a BA. Fingers crossed.

How is it showing up on Lufthansa?

The £275 flights are with LAN and Aerolineas Argentinos. It's £589 with Lufthansa, no?

Look at the page on the OPs link, they're Lufthansa icons.

Played about with the dates, was 10 quid more to avoid 8 hr layover in FRA.

and yes, have booking code from Lufthansa. Just hoping they dont cancel it.

stevephoto wrote: »
    Seen my booking confirmation via Lufthansa website. I'll wait for the call to say the flights cancelled or something from this Logitravel (as the reviews seem bad) or it might actually be a BA. Fingers crossed.

Just on this the complaints seemed to be about hotel bookings and there wasnt many comments in last 6 months as far as i saw.

Seem a legit crowd, obviously this is some kind of glitch fare, will hold off on hotel stuff for a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Look at the lay over time between flights, that alone would put me off....

mad m wrote: »
    Look at the lay over time between flights, that alone would put me off....

Pick the other departure at 17:50, arrives same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

i bought tickets last week for me and my girlfriend. i paid 750 each and i thought it was a bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

I hope it works out for those of you who have booked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Booked but got this (see image attached).

Nervous wait ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 19 boogiewonder

I was just about to book when I thought I'd do a quick check of the site.
    SSL layer for secure checkout: Check at sslshopper.com for logitravel.co.uk
    It's saying it's expired.
    Then I searched for logitravel & scam and ended up finding a long discussion on Tripadvisor. Search for trip advisor and "Has anyone else experienced horrible service with LOGITRAVEL"
    I searched for these flights using a few other sites and nothing came up.

So I didn't book. Maybe it's not a scam but just seems too good to be true.

Anyone got confirmation yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭jhansynk10

Amazing find, thanks folks. Booked for two weeks in March. Was looking at checking out SA next year anyway.

I was just about to book when I thought I'd do a quick check of the site.
    SSL layer for secure checkout: Check at sslshopper.com for logitravel.co.uk
    It's saying it's expired.
    Then I searched for logitravel & scam and ended up finding a long discussion on Tripadvisor. Search for trip advisor and "Has anyone else experienced horrible service with LOGITRAVEL"
    I searched for these flights using a few other sites and nothing came up.

So I didn't book. Maybe it's not a scam but just seems too good to be true.

Anyone got confirmation yet?

Did you read any other comments in this thread?

Just got an invoice PDF from the agency :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

cyklo wrote: »
    Guys. What's going to happen if I want to stay in Rio de Janeiro and not proceed to Buenos Aires. There is a 5h gap and plane/airline change.
    Can I get my luggage back in Rio without a problem? For me Rio is more tempting than Buenos Aires.

If you miss one leg the rest of the ticket is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 boogiewonder

Did you read any other comments in this thread?

yes I did.
    Has anyone received confirmation from an airline and not just the agency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shema

I searched for the flights through skyscanner and they come up for €368 through an agent called GotoGate. Anyone ever heard of them?

Advertisement