Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heatons 25% off everything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

thegoth wrote: »
    Still sooooo slow this morning. I cant use it and wanted to buy my Xmas present online. Oh well, off to another website I go.

Why would someone release a new website, not properly tested, so close to Xmas ? I thought their old website was excellent

Exactly. I would have bought quite a few things but because it's so slow I've given up. I'm sure they've lost out on a lot of sales because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

They lost my sale anyway ! Who is in charge of this anyway ? What company is providng the service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

So looks like we cant order kids clothing - my selection is showing as 7 years to 32 Inch. so what good is the 25% off then????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

the menu doesn't work with chrome on my S4, I press it and nothing happens
    Trilla wrote: »
    I got mine an hour ago. I'm assuming they'll have to honour it?

if it was a mistake in the pricing, they don't have to honour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Website works fine for me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Not being smart but the stuff here is pretty grim and some of the items are only slightly cheaper than supermarket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Not being smart but the stuff here is pretty grim and some of the items are only slightly cheaper than supermarket prices.

Agree 100%.. never seen the fascination with the place.. but still 25% is good discount for people pity their web builders are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Getting the €50 itunes voucher for €37.50 is OK. Plus getting 25% off him and her gift sets is decent. Wouldn't touch it for clothes as you can get the exact same stuff on SportsDirect cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I ordered duvet sets and bits and bobs on the 12th and I've just taken delivery of them,,super fast delivery!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

Oasis1974 wrote: »

but hey it's an Irish company so that's why I prefer to buy in Heatons than in 'the supermarket' and I'm NOT even Irish :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My gift card arrived today. (Courier - DPD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Ordered a low value item for in store collection on Wednesday, no email yet to say it's been dispatched.

Website is a nightmare, on some of the footwear it just says size 'assorted' and lets you through to the checkout without specifying a size. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I ordered two orders in the same day

one came yesterday, still waiting on the other!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

uli84 wrote: »
    but hey it's an Irish company so that's why I prefer to buy in Heatons than in 'the supermarket' and I'm NOT even Irish :)

Heatons 51% owned by Mike Ashley of Sportsdirect and Newcastle United fame among others. So not majority Irish owned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Aw where do I put in the code off? Only 15 mins left! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

It's al ok, calm down calm down! Sorted! Thanks for this BA! I just picked up sanctuary stuff that would've cost 55 more in bots, 55 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

snowgal wrote: »
    Aw where do I put in the code off? Only 15 mins left! Help!

Glad you found the promo code box!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

A new website launch with Monday & Dublin spelled incorrectly... and text spell for "hrs".... very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I thought the website didn't look much different from the previous one!! Still got a few bit for the house with a nice discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

MarkR wrote: »
    My gift card arrived today. (Courier - DPD)

Interesting, I selected store pickup but they didn't have it and then there was a missed DPD delivery on Friday so maybe they shipped it to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

went in to the shop picked out some lanterns etc, took the codes
    came home typed them in to search and long behold they don't exist!

happened on four items. after that I gave up.

the transition year students who designed the website, obviously missed some things to be added

dollybird2 wrote: »
    A new website launch with Monday & Dublin spelled incorrectly... and text spell for "hrs".... very poor

first world problems! you've clearly never worked in I.T :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭moodswing

Anyone that has received their delivery can you let me know if you got an email before the courier came with a tracking number or anything like that?

I have gotten nothing since my email to confirm my order has been placed!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

hi mood swing I got my delivery today ordered the 12th Nov. no email just a call from DPD asking directions to house !

hi mood swing I got my delivery today ordered the 12th Nov. no email just a call from DPD asking directions to house !

Thanks for the reply forgodssake I ordered the 13th so will expect a delivery tomorrow so!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I ordered on 12th....still no sign of my order....

gmisk wrote: »
    I ordered on 12th....still no sign of my order....

made two orders last week... got one the next day, still waiting on the other

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Got my order but the quality is awful. Now I wasn't expecting anything fancy but the duvets are practically transparent and so flimsy :mad: There's no way I would've paid the 50% off let alone the full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

anniehoo wrote: »
    Got my order but the quality is awful. Now I wasn't expecting anything fancy but the duvets are practically transparent and so flimsy :mad: There's no way I would've paid the 50% off let alone the full price.

Can you take them back to a store for a refund perhaps?

• Advertisement

Anybody who is waiting on a delivery of the itunes vouchers I have emailed them about my order and they said that there is a problem with the itunes in store that should be resolved by the end of today and that orders should be out by Thursday at the latest.

Not the 3-5 day delivery as promised and also I had to contact them to find out what was actually happening but at least I got a reply anyway!

Advertisement