Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's OVER.....it's not even open to debate, Ringer is dead come April 17th,

It probably will be, and it definitely should be because it's rubbish, and now I can just imagine Richard sitting at home fondling himself when the cancellation is announced, going 'yes I was right! I was right all along!! I correctly guessed something and posted about it on the internet!!'

Why not keep the thread for actual cancellations/renewals eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If only Community was back next week. Too bad you were right about it being done. :(

amacachi wrote: »
    If only Community was back next week. Too bad you were right about it being done. :(

It's back on March 15th for the rest of the season, if you didn't hear.

It's back on March 15th for the rest of the season, if you didn't hear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

FX has renewed Justified for a 4th season: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/06/justified-renewed-for-a-fourth-season-by-fx/123297/

No surprise really, it's widely expected that Southland will get a 5th season also....in the next 3/4 weeks: http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/03/exclusive-tnt-close-to-ordering-fifth-season-of-southland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

It probably will be, and it definitely should be because it's rubbish, and now I can just imagine Richard sitting at home fondling himself when the cancellation is announced, going 'yes I was right! I was right all along!! I correctly guessed something and posted about it on the internet!!'

Why not keep the thread for actual cancellations/renewals eh?
    well he has a better track record than the sun, they get probably, what 5-10% of their guesses right, richard is somwhere around the 30-40% id say:D

great new on justified alright, havent started season 3 yet letting them back up, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

don ramo wrote: »

Sorry to disappoint but I think it will get a 9th season still getting the ratings and both leads are nearly close to signing back on

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint but I think it will get a 9th season still getting the ratings and both leads are nearly close to signing back on
    you didnt get it liz;):D

don ramo wrote: »
    you didnt get it liz;):D

Yes I did Summer Glau show killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Calm down calm down

:P

Yes I did Summer Glau show killer
    ya it was clearly a joke, nowhere in the article did it say the show was canceled,

also greys is coming back for a ninth season, its just a matter of who comeing back,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Didn't they bring in baby Grey so they could keep calling it Grey's Anatomy even though the main Grey wasn't in it anymore?

BTW, I have to point out that for the first few series of this program that I though yerman was Grey, Mrs. Clareman likes the show and I used to just ignore it, that changed when the lesbians got more screen time

Clareman wrote: »
    Didn't they bring in baby Grey so they could keep calling it Grey's Anatomy even though the main Grey wasn't in it anymore?

BTW, I have to point out that for the first few series of this program that I though yerman was Grey, Mrs. Clareman likes the show and I used to just ignore it, that changed when the lesbians got more screen time

Meredith's half sister is Lexie Grey

Channel 4 has confirmed Skins is to end and the final episodes will be shown next year as part of the seventh series

Channel 4 has confirmed Skins is to end and the final episodes will be shown next year as part of the seventh series

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/892391-skins-axed-as-bosses-plan-three-special-farewell-episodes#ixzz1oRUsgAQ0

Blue Bloods picked up for a third season: http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/blue-bloods-picked-up-for-third-season-as-cbs-nears-renewals-on-other-series/

Deadline is reporting that numerous other CBS show will be renewed today, incl.

CBS is prepping early pickups of a slew of existing series, with word of the first one, a third-season renewal of Blue Bloods, already out this morning. The network is not confirming. The list will likely also include the two NCIS series, freshmen 2 Broke Girls and Person of Interest as well as Mike & Molly, veterans Criminal Minds and CSI and possibly Two And A Half Men, ahead of closing a deal with star Ashton Kutcher. (The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are in the midst of multi-year pickups). Stay tuned….

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/blue-bloods-renewed-for-season-3.html

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/14/report-blue-bloods-renewed-for-season-three-by-cbs/124469/

Now confirmed, 18 shows picked up/renewed: http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/cbs-renewal-announcements-fall-2012/
    Note that this does not include potential pilot pickups to series for the 2012-13 season.

All told, here are CBS’ 18 returning programs:

Comedy
    2 Broke Girls
    The Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother
    Mike & Molly

Drama
    Blue Bloods
    Criminal Minds
    CSI
    The Good Wife
    Hawaii Five-0
    The Mentalist
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    Person of Interest

Other
    48 Hours Mystery
    60 Minutes
    The Amazing Race
    Survivor
    Undercover Boss

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/cbs-renews-18-shows.html

http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/cbs-renewal-announcements-fall-2012/

CBS is getting out in front with early renewals for fall, picking up 18 of its series for next season. Among the dramas landing renewals on Wednesday were

NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    Hawaii Five-0
    Criminal Minds
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
    The Mentalist
    Blue Bloods
    The Good Wife
    Person Of Interest
    Mike & Molly
    2 Broke Girls
    The Amazing Race
    Undercover Boss

Not making the cut, at least thus far, are veteran procedurals CSI: NY and CSI: Miami, while freshmen series such as A Gifted Man, Unforgettable and Rob are also MIA.

As for Two and a Half Men, CBS and Warner Bros. Television are in preliminary negotiations regarding ordering more seasons.

Hawaii Five-0
    Criminal Minds
    The Mentalist
    Blue Bloods
    The Good Wife
    Person Of Interest

:)

Very happy with those renewals which were expected I guess though did think H 5-0 was on the bubble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

The Good Wife renewed for season 4.

Fantastic show.

Hawaii five-O renewed for third season

As already mentioned in the "Luck" thread....it's been cancelled.

There was another death of a horse (2 in the first season and the 3rd during filming of the 2nd season).

Supposedly 2 horses die every day in horse racing in th UK and USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

red dave wrote: »
    As already mentioned in the "Luck" thread....it's been cancelled.

There was another death of a horse (2 in the first season and the 3rd during filming of the 2nd season).

Supposedly 2 horses die every day in horse racing in th UK and USA.

Filming of season 2 was suspended, but they said after the incidents were investigated that they hope filming would continue.

So it could get cancelled, but hasn't yet. It has just been suspended for the moment after a third horse has died.

I could be wrong, just going from what richard said in the 'Luck' thread.

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Filming of season 2 was suspended, but they said after the incidents were investigated that they hope filming would continue.

So it could get cancelled, but hasn't yet. It has just been suspended for the moment after a third horse has died.

I could be wrong, just going from what richard said in the 'Luck' thread.

Yeah it looks like mixed messages. Example is the headline of this ny times article is saying its cancelled, but within the article it says peta are asking the producers to use stock footage, which would lead to believe there is the option of continuing the series.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/03/14/arts/AP-US-TV-Luck-Horse-Deaths.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

I'm on mobile so don't know if the link above will display properly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Those poor horses.

phasers wrote: »
    Those poor horses.

I think the word you're looking for is "delicious".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I think I read somewhere that Netflix picked up Terra Nova, Does this sound right ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

campo wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere that Netflix picked up Terra Nova, Does this sound right ????

It was reported as a rumor that Netflix is thinking of picking it up, not that they did. I hugely doubt it TBH, why would Netflix bother with an expensive to produce flop (both ratings & critically)? Rumor and nothing more.

Advertisement