Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation 4 500GB Black and Witcher 3 €329.99 From Argos(C&C only)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

Is it black ps4 only? It doesnt say in the listing whether its black or white, though the picture is black but maybe you can ask for a white one, anyone tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 quikfinder

boardbro wrote: »
    Is it black ps4 only? It doesnt say in the listing whether its black or white, though the picture is black but maybe you can ask for a white one, anyone tried?

White is also available but for an extra 20 euros, costing 349.99 euros with witcher 3. Although if you're planning on buying the white one, i'd recommend getting the deal for 369.99 euros, which is the PS4 White with bloodborne and Witcher 3. Bloodborne effectively costing 20 euros!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

Great

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

TallGlass wrote: »
    Finally got a copy, just reserve a copy and head to that store with your receipt of buying the PS4 they will check the deals and if all okay then you get the game that comes with the deal.

But when you reserve the PS4, if the game is not in stock it is not part of the reservation and doesn't show up on the order either (I've reserved a system with no game today). Reckon I'll give the store a call to see what they will do. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

My young lad got a ps4 out of his communion money yesterday. He wouldn't wait for witcher to come back in stock. The game wouldn't suit him anyway but it would be good for a trade in. Are you saying I could go back with the receipt (when back in stock) and get the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Yes provided the console you have bought is linked with a special offer they will/should give you the game, once you be polite about it.

1. Reserve the item
    2. Ring the store to confirm your intentions
    3. To into store, customer services
    4. With receipt explain, you bought console game was not in stock and where advised to come back to collect when in stock

Side note I know the game is 18+ but I didn't think it would suit me but its a very good game!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yes provided the console you have bought is linked with a special offer they will/should give you the game, once you be polite about it.

1. Reserve the item
    2. Ring the store to confirm your intentions
    3. To into store, customer services
    4. With receipt explain, you bought console game was not in stock and where advised to come back to collect when in stock

Side note I know the game is 18+ but I didn't think it would suit me but its a very good game!

Wow nice one, going to give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

macnug wrote: »
    My young lad got a ps4 out of his communion money yesterday. He wouldn't wait for witcher to come back in stock. The game wouldn't suit him anyway but it would be good for a trade in. Are you saying I could go back with the receipt (when back in stock) and get the game?

Yes, you can once it was part of the package you bought.

You could trade it on the Playstation forum here or at a CEX store.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

From Their FAQ's "If an item you've reserved is on special offer on the day you collect it in store, this special offer should be offered to you by our in-store personnel when you pay for your items"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Have a code for PS4, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne for 369.99. PM me if someone wants it as I cant collect tomorrow. Nutgrove branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Picked up this deal today, even tough the witcher is out of stock. They printed on the receipt that I can pick up the witcher when it comes back in. Great deal IMO, cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭doctorg

Anybody notice some frame drops on bloodborne?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Picked up this deal today, even tough the witcher is out of stock. They printed on the receipt that I can pick up the witcher when it comes back in. Great deal IMO, cheers OP.

Did you just go in and order it?

I just noticed I can't reserve online if one item is missing (at least not at the correct price!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

doctorg wrote: »
    Anybody notice some frame drops on bloodborne?

Do you have the latest update patch for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

noodler wrote: »

I just noticed I can't reserve online if one item is missing (at least not at the correct price!)

Don't worry about reserving it. Adding it will cost €0 if it was in stock. They will know this in store and should do with you as the previous poster and just mark the receipt allowing you a free copy when it does come back into stock.

Yup, went to the customer service desk and told them i couldn't reserve it, the woman put it through the system and it worked with no hassle! Just waiting for a copy of the witcher to come in now!

Yup, went to the customer service desk and told them i couldn't reserve it, the woman put it through the system and it worked with no hassle! Just waiting for a copy of the witcher to come in now!

What happens if they are never in stock again though?

I mean, I guess Argos (unlike a game shop) will only restock a game so many times.

Are they reserving you a copy for the enxt time it comes in or do you have to keep checking?

What happens if they are never in stock again though?

I mean, I guess Argos (unlike a game shop) will only restock a game so many times.

Are they reserving you a copy for the enxt time it comes in or do you have to keep checking?

Nope, she said it will be back in stock in the next week or 2. The witcher is only a new release so will definitely be back in stock. Got a 10 euro voucher btw...

Went in to pick up the copy today and they said I cant get it because I bought it on the 25th, they said deal didn't start till 27th. Raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Went in to pick up the copy today and they said I cant get it because I bought it on the 25th, they said deal didn't start till 27th. Raging!

Well that's not true, I got mine on the 22nd.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Well that's not true, I got mine on the 22nd.

Had a feeling it wasn't true but how do I prove it?

Had a feeling it wasn't true but how do I prove it?

reservation email perhaps? I have one for the bundle if you want a copy of it dated 25th.

Grr deal gone.

witcher never came back in stock in Dublin stores til now!

Grr deal gone.

Well it was in stock in Tallaght last night. And successfully picked up the bundle for 369.99 this evening.

dan786 wrote: »
    Well it was in stock in Tallaght last night. And successfully picked up the bundle for 369.99 this evening.

Only ilac, Jervis or the green were options for me sadly.

New deal is crap. Spose if in wait long enough another decent one will be around.

Grr deal gone.

It was possible to get the deal even though it was out of stock...

dan786 wrote: »
    reservation email perhaps? I have one for the bundle if you want a copy of it dated 25th.

Yea if you can please, thanks.

Advertisement