Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hard Drive

Options
  • 20-01-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

So a very stupid question but still....

Bought an ACER over the weekend with 500gb HDD. open it up and messed around and found that it only had 222gb HDD. The 'C' drive was 111gb and the 'E' drive with another 111gb. There are no other drives except the cd/dvd drive. My question is are there other drives which don't show up under 'my computer' or am i missing the drives completely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

have you tried contacting Acer and asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

agreed. If it was a 250gb hard drive and you only had 222gb, the other 28gb would be program files and settings. But a 500gb laptop with only 222gb, theres something seriously wrong there. If you cant get any help from Acer, bring it back to wherever you bought it and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

that's what i thought. There are about 20-30gb made up of programs but there seems to be a couple of drives completely missing. I just wanted to check before i brought it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

How much was this laptop btw?
    Usually laptops with 500gb cost in excess of 1,500 and in acers case are only in their top of the range gaming models. Maybe it is only 250gb? What model is it?

The laptop is an ACER ASPIRE 7730G and was 1199CHF Swiss price. It says 2x 250gb HDD on the info so was basically wondering if they're now hiding the extra drives somewhere else other than under 'My Computer'. Anyhow i'm going back to the shop with it so we'll see how i get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

right click my computer, click manage
    computer management will open go to storage>disk management
    ya should be able to see what hard drives are installed and if they are formatted or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

sounds like you have been ridden hard style without a whip;) did you buy from on all 4s computing....get my meaning...

Sorry for the late reply. finally checked disk manager and saw two drives plus another one which said just 'Data' plus about 240gb in it but it doesn't show if it's formatted or not. Do i just need to format this then to get the extra gb?

Advertisement