Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things SUSI / grants (see links in first post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Forever waiting for final assessment to feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

Hi, how did you know what you were awarded did you get a letter, I checked the susi site for my son this morning and it says awarded, as regards fees the college my son started in we had to pay half the fees on the 3rd of September, ring the college you are attending or check their web site, did you get a info pack, thanks

We got a letter this morning saying 50% fees awarded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nasher 1982

A girl in my course went to final assessment on the 21st July ( three days before me). And she received a decision on the second of September. I don't understand it ? Going out of my mind waiting. It's been 4 months since I originally applied.i have rang and contacted susi on Facebook. They can only tell me what the tracker does

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

When do we receive our first payment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A girl in my course went to final assessment on the 21st July ( three days before me). And she received a decision on the second of September. I don't understand it ? Going out of my mind waiting. It's been 4 months since I originally applied.i have rang and contacted susi on Facebook. They can only tell me what the tracker does

Some applications are much more straightforward than others. A person whose family are on a really low income for example, with no property or other sources of income.

They are quite open about the cut-off points so you will know if it's likely you will be awarded it or not. Asking them to keep checking will not make it happen any faster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

dazzadazza wrote: »
    When do we receive our first payment?

I think it was late October last year, but someone else can check through the old posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 nasher 1982

spurious wrote: »
    Some applications are much more straightforward than others. A person whose family are on a really low income for example, with no property or other sources of income.

They are quite open about the cut-off points so you will know if it's likely you will be awarded it or not. Asking them to keep checking will not make it happen any faster.
    Yes that makes sense. My case is very complicated.which probably accounts for the long wait. I have looked at the cut off points etc but again because my circumstances have changed so much in the last few months.im not sure if last year's income will be assessed. Will they take into account that I'm unemployed now and other factors.
    Only time will tell . unfortunately it doesn't stop me worrying.as a mature student with a family and bills. I'm sure you understand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Still no grant, 4 months stuck on awaiting final assessment. Everyone I know applied after me and have their grant. This is an absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CrumbleNewman

Still no grant, 4 months stuck on awaiting final assessment. Everyone I know applied after me and have their grant. This is an absolute joke.

Exact same situation with me, and I qualify for special rate - absolutely ridiculous. Everyone I know, even friends who applied a month or two after me have gotten it now. I check the status everyday, but Final Assessment has been there for months.

People have already received money?

It's usually a fair bit into October when money is paid, but maybe they have sped things up.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    People have already received money?

It's usually a fair bit into October when money is paid, but maybe they have sped things up.

First payment date this year was 25th Sept (fri) and the next one is 16th Oct, all of my friends got theirs on Friday though they are all getting very little, and yet I, the person who is waaayyy below the lowest threshold and cannot currently afford to get through these first few weeks of college, have not heard back in months. And I applied weeks before any of my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Anyone know what dates SUSI are dealing with now? Queued for final assessment since 24th of August.

gypsylee wrote: »
    Anyone know what dates SUSI are dealing with now? Queued for final assessment since 24th of August.
    Still waiting on mine, went to that same status on 14th July. They're in the middle of July now.

Thanks CrumbleNewman. No point in me expecting a decision anytime soon so.

Hope you are not waiting much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Still waiting on mine, went to that same status on 14th July. They're in the middle of July now.

My application went to the final assessment status on 23rd July and I was awarded on the 28th last month.

Good Morning. Has anyone who was on final assessment since August hear anything yet?

College is looking for payment even though proof of SUSI application was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tet2015

gypsylee wrote: »
    Good Morning. Has anyone who was on final assessment since August hear anything yet?

College is looking for payment even though proof of SUSI application was granted.

I'm so glad I'm not alone. It would be so much better if they at least updated us on any issues they're having through tracking. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things turn out. Still shocked that some people applied late and got their grants first :o?!

80+ days since final assessment and not heard anything back

Kremin wrote: »
    80+ days since final assessment and not heard anything back

I think you'll have to continue waiting until January 2016, which isn't too far off. Just 2 months to go ^.^

Do any of you who are still waiting on grant approval intend to pay the college the registration fee?

College has said that services will be withdrawn next Tuesday if payment is not made. Don't know what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Codswapple

Applied when applications first open and had everything in well before the leaving cert. My sister who applied late got hers a few weeks ago. Website said mine was being Qued for final assessment since July. Rang SUSI to ask what the story is and they claimed I never filled out my FCA form,when i know I clicked opt-in on the CAO website. If i never rang i never wouldve known. Hoping this gets sorted very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Does it affect your chances of being granted the SUSIE grant if you apply later on the year.

Your application is in Queue E. We are currently processing applications queued for Final Assessment on 1st September.
    8 days away so close but soo far.

Does it affect your chances of being granted the SUSIE grant if you apply later on the year.

No. Once you meet all the requirements and income levels you will get it.

Hey, is anyone else still waiting for their grant even though they applied early?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

A friend applied at the start of June and has been queued for final assessment since the middle of August. She thought something was happening last week when she saw it had been updated to say she was in queue I . It's gone back to saying queued for final assessment and nothing else. Anyone know what this means? Several calls to SUSI later and they repeat the same jargon over and over again. It's beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 maracuja

I was queued for final assessment on August 17th, after they sent me a couple of requests for more documents. I thought they must finally have everything they wanted from me, but then a couple of weeks ago I got another request for documents (one of which I'd already told them I didn't have). So after getting those back to them I was queued for final assessment again, only now instead of Aug 17th it says I've just been queued since Nov 2nd. It says they're working through applications from Aug 25th, so I assume this means I need to wait again until they get to November. I have never been through such a frustrating system before. I've tried so hard to jump through their hoops and they just keep adding more.

I got awarded yesterday!!! how do I check what I've been awarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Kremin wrote: »
    I got awarded yesterday!!! how do I check what I've been awarded?

If you go into susi grant online and click into payment information it might have the details it didn't when my son got awarded but you will get a letter if not tomorrow then it should be Monday/ Tuesday with all the info and what exactly you are been awarded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

According to the website, SUSI opens today for 2016/2017 applications. Is it just for creating an account, or are we able to complete the application form, I wonder?

It does seem a bit early, from what I was told at the start of the year it usually opens at the end of the month.

Advertisement