Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Davidius wrote: »
    There's a conspiracy theory going about that Batman is just Bruce Wayne in a costume.
    There's a conspiracy theory going about that Commissioner Gordon is just IO in one of his hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Eathrin wrote: »
    I am the Batman

WHERE WERE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

WHERE WERE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING

Do I look like a cop?:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Didn't we have that before?

Check the Moderator Log for the thread. :P I can't see that any more. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Check the Moderator Log for the thread. :P I can't see that any more. :(

Pretty sure it was the old one, I'm on my phone so can't check.

I was just rubbing it in that you can't >.> mwhahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

LEADER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

First post updated with all previous den names :)

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    First post updated with all previous den names :)

Wow, ye sure like you're Den names. I liked the Shakespeare theme, may I suggest "Something is rotten in the state of Den, Mark" for future consideration:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Me: "Hey, I'm in HMV now. Is Wrecking Ball worth getting?"
    Aunt: "Yes, but don't buy it. I have 3 copies. You can borrow it."
    Me: "3 copies!?"
    Aunt: "I have vinyl too."
    Me: "Oh, Lord..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Not sure if this is an arghhh or a yayy...
    But whilst having dinner (chicken and mash) I realised how disgusting meat is. Like I feel sick at the thought of it now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

New name is great. I love it. I love the den. I love quarter pounders with cheese.
    /uselessinput

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Leftyflip wrote: »
    But whilst having dinner (chicken and mash) I realised how disgusting meat is. Like I feel sick at the thought of it now...

Go vegetarians \o/

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Go vegetarians \o/

Get........out.............

Get........out.............

You love us really, don't lie :P

Aoifey! wrote: »
    You love us really, don't lie :P

As much as I can love demons -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I get that a lot and feel completely disgusted by meat and put off for a while. Then I get drunk and get a cheese burger and it's totally forgotten about..

I appreciate a vegetarian's point of view and the moral side of it and all but the way I see it we are humans and that is what we eat and where we get a certain part of our nutritional requirements from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I appreciate a vegetarian's point of view and the moral side of it and all but the way I see it we are humans and that is what we eat and where we get a certain part of our nutritional requirements from.
    Like I'm not gonna be a prick and go killing animals is wrong and all that. It's human instinct to eat meat. It's not that I find it morally wrong to eat meat, I just find myself feeling physically disgusted thinking about eating it.

Like I'm not gonna be a prick and go killing animals is wrong and all that. It's human instinct to eat meat. It's not that I find it morally wrong to eat meat, I just find myself feeling physically disgusted thinking about eating it.

Yah I get you.
    It's kinda odd how it happened so spontaneously that you decided it was disgusting during one of many meals:pac:

Yeah, I just can't see the need to eat animals when we can get our nutritional requirements other ways, but everyone sees things differently :).

My friends once got me a t shirt saying "Vagetarian" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Time to dust off this old chestnut...

3642661392_5801c3b218.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

It's human instinct to eat meat.
    No it's not! Why would we have an innate need to eat meat when we can't even digest the stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Surely humans starting eating meat out of necessity rather than instinct?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And because it tastes delicious.

Namlub wrote: »
    Surely humans starting eating meat out of necessity rather than instinct?
    Pretty much, it was the only was to survive in some of the harsher environments. The whole introduction of meat into the human diet is a really interesting topic; it brought in cooking, which led to softer food, which changed how we chew food, which changed how our faces evolved. Its thought to be the reason why humans need so much dental work compared to other mammals; our teeth are too big for our jaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Would the C&H vegetarians eat lab grown meat if they ever get it sorted?

Conor108 wrote: »
    Would the C&H vegetarians eat lab grown meat if they ever get it sorted?
    No. The fact that it use to be part of a living animal is only part of what I find disgusting about meat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Lawliet wrote: »
    Its thought to be the reason why humans need so much dental work compared to other mammals; our teeth are too big for our jaws!

Accursed vegetarians trying to keep me out of a job! :P

Seriously, though, I must give it some thought. I'm not sure I'd agree with eating meat if I sat down and considered the rights and wrongs of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

I just found a fiver stuck in the disc drive of one of the college computers... why would someone put money there o.O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Robby91 wrote: »
    I just found a fiver stuck in the disc drive of one of the college computers... why would someone put money there o.O

"Computer, finish this assignment for me, I'll be back in an hour and it better be done..."

Advertisement