Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harriers disco closed?

• 25-01-2011 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Why? Does anyone know the solid reason it was closed? Didn't get to go but I still do wonder? Seemed very busy I don't get why they'd close it .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

When it closed? I couldn get it until i was 16 (passport, i was small back then), at which time the local was serving me:rolleyes: I went a few times for partys and stuff but it was a pure sh!thole in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 offaly123

Dusty87 wrote: »
    When it closed? I couldn get it until i was 16 (passport, i was small back then), at which time the local was serving me:rolleyes: I went a few times for partys and stuff but it was a pure sh!thole in fairness

Yeah closed a few months ago after JC results were let out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

went 5 times and i never got in!! used to hate waitin outside 4 my mates(who always got in) to come out so we cud go home :mad:

mates???:rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

ah, I had manys a good night in the harriers when I was young wan!:D

• Advertisement

magentas wrote: »
    ah, I had manys a good night in the harriers when I was young wan!:D

I enjoyed the nights i was there too, but it still was a hole. young girls outside puking, boy racers in their 20's perving all them, drugs, fights etc and the bouncers. :rolleyes:
    I know ya get that in every nightclub but ya have to remember the harriers was full of 14,15,16 yr olds. Jesus i sound like a moany old granda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i remeber a couple of months ago there was an article in the paper that the guards objected to the licence renewal and i think thats what happened ie the licence was not renewed by the judge..

i remeber a couple of months ago there was an article in the paper that the guards objected to the licence renewal and i think thats what happened ie the licence was not renewed by the judge..

they were probably sick of having to sit up their every saturday night when they could be drinking tae:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I know ya get that in every nightclub but ya have to remember the harriers was full of 14,15,16 yr olds. Jesus i sound like a moany old granda
    but dusty, I ONLY went there when I was 14/15/16!

once ya hit 17 the harriers wasn't cool enough! it was time to get your fake ID for the bridge then!:D

I was refused at that age. Only went why i had my id by which time i was gettin served in the local so i didn see any point. I was tiny then, until i got a growth spurt at about 17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I went with my brother in law who was 17 to the Harriers when I was the ripe old age of 12 :D.

Was absolutely locked leaving it, and even at that age I was amazed thinking how they got away with allowing underage drinking.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I went with my brother in law who was 17 to the Harriers when I was the ripe old age of 12 :D.

Was absolutely locked leaving it, and even at that age I was amazed thinking how they got away with allowing underage drinking.

And drugs!
    Remember the old pervs sitting at the bar looking out lol:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Ugh good god. Memories and a half. Bate'in it on up there at 14 and 15. Feelin so sophisticated being there at 16 and then, being so offended when someone suggested going when you were almost 17. Born in 1988 and tippexin a bit out of my 88 to make it 86, on my passport.

De Bruns at 16, De Bruns and De Bridge at 17. Dempseys at 17.

Was pretty wild back in the day, remember being up there with my cousin (who i thought was the SH!T) and a guy from his class, had taken a couple pills and they were tryin to stop him from swallowin his tongue.

One of the boys got plastered before he went in, went in and fell asleep in the smokin area and had the bouncers come in and carry him thru the place, out.

The very last night i was there - just shy of my 17th bday i think, the guards were in there, inside, for a good while, with their illuminous jackets on and all.

Ahhhh Memories though. Thinking you were the sh.t being all up there, short skirts, high heels, gettin the shift, and squeeky toughey on teh decks.

God love us, werent we harmless!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

I use to love The Harriers when I was young. Such fun times. I remember when they closed the bar area off by the DJ box and they had a bouncer at each entrance. We use to try and take turns to get in there with our fake ID. More often than not we got in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Dinge

Yes, I think it was a rite of passage for most teenagers within a 20 mile radius of Tellamore :D I'm just surprised it has lasted as long as it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Was at a stag night on Saturday with a group of lads and were reminiscing that this time 15 years ago we would have been in the harriers. I used to practically live in the place between spending the weekdays up there training and then spending Saturday nights up there undoing all my training by getting completely polluted. My abiding memory of the harriers was no matter what time I seemed to arrive into the nightclub sing hallalueh by dr alban used always be on. I was always armed with a packet of triple x mints to eat as I walked home in case I met one of my owld pair on the stairs as I fell up to bed.

Advertisement