Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

too much for a wedding??

Options
  • 27-05-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

It's lovely. I like the cream in it for easy matching to a cream hat/fascinator and shoes and bag. Love yellow for a summer wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think it's lovely. I love that colour and if you have the skin tone to wear it then go for it! It's a fab dress. One thing I would be a bit wary of, it looks very short, I think the length it is on her could be a bit short for a wedding, but she's probably 5'10/11 so if you aren't as tall as that then it should be fine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

The model's height is 5'7" so it may be a bit on the short side for a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think yellow can look great on blondes, I think it depends on your skin tone. It does say the model is 5ft7, I would worry it's a little short for a wedding. Is it a church affair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Gorgeous dress, as long as your blonde isn't brassy and you don't go nuts with the fake tan it should be stunning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

It's a bit too much. I'd pay no more than 70!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Personally too short, and I don't buy the "everyone else will have a short skirt" argument. Otherwise, it's a lovely dress for going out at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Personally, I wouldn't wear it to a wedding, it looks more like a dress you would wear on a night out. It might be a bit too short (and I know you said that it's a young wedding but still!).

Just my opinion though, if it looks good on you and you are comfortable in it then go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

leahyl wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't wear it to a wedding, it looks more like a dress you would wear on a night out. It might be a bit too short (and I know you said that it's a young wedding but still!).

Just my opinion though, if it looks good on you and you are comfortable in it then go for it :)

I agree with that. It is a nice dress but it is also the type of a dress that could easily be worn as a professional dance or ice skating costume.
    http://www.apparel-ice-skating.com/store/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=1
    If you decide to go for it, keep styling simple and avoid head pieces, especially any feathers and go with a simple hair style. I would wear simple, non sparkly shoes and clutch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Yeah gorgeous dress but think it'd probably be a bit short. The midi length virgos lounge dresses would be way more appropriate for a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Its absolutely gorgeous but very short. Would you consider pairing it with a pair of capri pants- I'm talking tights that end just below or on your knee. You can get coloured or patterned or lacy ones that look nice and still dressy while keeping your modesty (especially after a few drinks- it looks like its got a lovely swishy twirl on it).

I know you say that it will be a young crowd but remember there will be family and parents friends there too- at my wedding (and I got married in my 20's too- one of the first of our group of friends) one girl wore a very short skirt and all of the older men's eyes were out on stalks looking at her...I heard bets were being taken on whether she was wearing knickers or not. I know that its scummy and says a lot more about them than her but you wouldn't want to be in a position of feeling awkward.

Also its pricey!

Enjoy the wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

It is a gorgeous dress but I would not wear it to a wedding. It's a bit inappropriate for that occasion.

Advertisement