Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

River Island online payment??

• 29-05-2013 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

Trying to buy a fab necklace on the RI website but it won't take my card....have checked numerous times the number is correct, selected the right card type (AIB Maestro/laser) lv entered in all the right numbers info etc....but keeps saying number invalid...cards not out of date or anything... Do they not except my card type or whats the story? Maestro is an option .... necklace isn't on ASOS either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

River Island don't take Irish laser cards, only UK laser cards. You can pay with a VISA debit card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

feck don't have one of them :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Toast4532 wrote: »
    River Island don't take Irish laser cards, only UK laser cards. You can pay with a VISA debit card though.

There's no such thing as a UK Laser card. It's an Irish system only.

Maestro was always a bit of a disaster online as UK issued Maestro cards are actually really just their old Switch system re-branded and most sites won't accept non-UK Maestro.

The Laser Card system in Ireland's basically now wound up. Any remaining cards will be replaced by Visa Debit (or MasterCard debit in the case of EBS).

Give AIB a call and they'll sort you out with a Visa Debit.

Most of their laser cards have already been replaced by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Solair wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a UK Laser card. It's an Irish system only.

Maestro was always a bit of a disaster online as UK issued Maestro cards are actually really just their old Switch system re-branded and most sites won't accept non-UK Maestro.

The Laser Card system in Ireland's basically now wound up. Any remaining cards will be replaced by Visa Debit (or MasterCard debit in the case of EBS).

Give AIB a call and they'll sort you out with a Visa Debit.

Most of their laser cards have already been replaced by now.
    I am aware of that, I posted in a hurry and didn't see the need to go into all the details or be pedantic about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I am aware of that, I posted in a hurry and didn't see the need to go into all the details or be pedantic about.

Soooorrreeee!

I won't bother offering any info again! It's clearly unwelcome on this forum.
    Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^ you're info was very helpful & is still welcome.

Advertisement