Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advent Roma laptop Hi all, having a problem with my Advent Roma 1001 laptop. When I

Options
  • 16-01-2013 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all, having a problem with an Advent Roma 1001 laptop.
    When I power the laptop on, the hard drive light comes on for a second and the fan starts up for a couple of seconds then the laptop shuts down and then turns itself back on and the same thing happens again until I turn it off.

I know it's not the battery or the power supply and I have ruled out the hard drive. When I took the back off to check the RAM to see if that was a problem I noticed there was only one memory slot and not two slots as it should be and there was no memory in this slot.! When I looked up the specs of the laptop it says it had two memory slots with two GB of ram in one of them so where is the other slot i cannot find it anywhere.

Has anyone worked on these laptops before if so can they tell me where the second memory slot is- if it exists? Could this be the actual problem the fact that there is no RAM?
    I'd greatly appreciate any help with this... Cheers!

sorry i should of said i am fixing it for a pal and he says it was working fine until this happened and that was about 6 weeks ago and he hasnt touched it since.

Comments

Advertisement