Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead Discussion (SPOILERS)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

rick was dead to rights, with a gun against his head, his son about to be deliveranced by a fat bald guy, and his friend about to be raped - he tears the guys throat out and guts the rapist.. that scene, as sickening as it was, was probably the best thing that's happened in TWD - solely because you have had so much character development. Awesome stuff like cant just be dropped on you without knowing the character.

And that's not even the best scene..

I dunno dude, we're all different but i find it hard to believe that anyone thought that episode was bollocks.

Ok maybe not the episode, but rather the ending.... "they've messed with the wrong people" etc.. Just a bit underwhelming, I thought given how long series 4 was that we might have a little more idea what Terminus was all about.

Mid-season finale was streets ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm a bit gutted that it ended the way it did too, but if there had been closure on everything that the season was pointing to, i might not have enough interest in next season to go out of my way to watch it.

Either way, we know the group is mostly back together and they have a rather nasty problem to deal with by doing their best not to get eaten by zombies and the residents of Terminus (by the looks of it)

The new antagonist, Gareth is pretty cool. Seems dangerously intelligent and cocky, even more than the Governor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Shocked with the rednecks. Felt truly sorry for Carl, which is a first....

Agreed with character development, hence the flashbacks from Rick the Farmer.

Saw the riot gear, then the poncho and I was pretty much shouting. And then the skeletons...

It was a very good episode. But the end.... was lame.

EDIT:
    Saw a poster from a FF politician, Mary something, who reminded me quite a lot of Terminus chef Mary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I would love to see AMC do a deal with Netflix for season 5 like they did with Breaking bad.

Tension in last nights episode was amazing, except for the "REAL MEN WEAR PINK" bull**** breaking it up every 15 mins .

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

****ING BULL**** , the mid season finale was absolutely wonderful and the finale just blew it altogether , ok it was good the character development , the new badass rick , but ffs the ending was just shocking was expecting them to make a run a big hunt on or something next season is literally just gonna be them trying to get out of terminus , it was pretty fascinating with the bones in that confinement and the poncho ,riot gear , watch , but in all honesty it was a bit ****ing ****

• Advertisement

Barna77 wrote: »

EDIT:
    Saw a poster from a FF politician, Mary something, who reminded me quite a lot of Terminus chef Mary :D

mary harney?

harney2_PA_726634t1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I thought it was a good and scary real episode. It had a real sense of horror in the scene when the rednecks caught up to Rick.

One thing that's really annoying me with the whole series is how easily they deal with zombies, all the zombies seem to be made out of jelly, it's just not that easy to break through the human skull. It kind of takes the scary out of the zombie situations when they seem to have the strength to put a knife through a zombie skull and have enough force to embed the knife so far into a steel plate that it's able to hold up the weight of a human body.

I like the show but the zombies are not being utilised all that much at all, they're just dumped in unlikely places (how come there seems to be more zombies in the forests than there is in any town?) and so easily dealt with that when you see a big group appear out of nowhere (in the middle of nowhere) there's little drama to it because they can deal with one group like it was nothing but the next group is supposedly too much for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Whats making me crazy is maggie has not even brought up the fact that her sister is missing, presumably dead.

Like, we dont always get on with our siblings but come on, First Question she should have asked when she saw rick and daryl etc was, has anyone seen her?????

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭pompeyboi

Whats making me crazy is maggie has not even brought up the fact that her sister is missing, presumably dead.

Like, we dont always get on with our siblings but come on, First Question she should have asked when she saw rick and daryl etc was, has anyone seen her?????
    Yeah true but no-one really had a chance to say much really....My guess is she's inside that container Rick's crew first ran past where screams where coming from inside. Either that or she was kidnapped by completely different group altogether, prehaps enemies of Terminus? That's all just guesswork though. F*ck knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

My thoughts exactly. They all get reunited in such situation and they are ok as if they last saw each other 3 hours ago having a pint. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ScumLord wrote: »
    One thing that's really annoying me with the whole series is how easily they deal with zombies, all the zombies seem to be made out of jelly, it's just not that easy to break through the human skull. It kind of takes the scary out of the zombie situations when they seem to have the strength to put a knife through a zombie skull and have enough force to embed the knife so far into a steel plate that it's able to hold up the weight of a human body.

but in order for bones to maintain their density you need calcium, the Z's wont be getting that so their bones should become pretty brittle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

It begs the question that if these are long dead do their bones calcify? Dead bone is way way way harder to stab through then live or recently dead bone.

Spotted this article on Andrew Lincoln's facebook page this morning, season 5 will apparently be "action packed" for those of you that were missing the gunplay and assorted other violence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd say it will be a half season job of them being in Terminus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting comment on that page
    remember that gun Rick dug up at the beginning of the season? In the final episode, we saw how that gun got there. It was in Carl's hat as it fell to the ground, the gun fell out of the hat in one of the flashbacks. Then at the end of the first episode of season 4, Rick gave the gun back to him telling him to hang on to it. He has a habit it looks like of hiding guns in his hat....maybe he's hiding a gun in his hat at Terminus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

bear1 wrote: »
    I'd say it will be a half season job of them being in Terminus.

its pretty much dead on that the first half will see them survive the hell in terminus maybe you will see the hispanic moth get bumped off but either way the mid season finale will see them make their uprising, the first few episodes after will see them dealing with the aftermath(another rick meltdown) then the final few episodes will see the group begin their journey north to washington.

Predicted Deaths
    Maggie
    Carl
    Carol
    Rosita/Tara

New people
    About 2 of the people screaming for help in the container :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I thought the first half of the season was good. the second half was pants apart from a few good moments, I loved where they went with the kids. That was unexpected and ruthless.

I feel the rest was stalling aka character building, characters that we know well already so less time could have been dedicated to it. More action please.

Zombie hordes were very inconsistent. ammo supplies seem never ending.

I feel the writers really let themselves and the show down with the hillybillies v Rick and co at the road side. They were outnumbered and outgunned yet they all survived without a scratch. I understand it's a show about the walking undead but try and keep the human elements some bit realistic. Only fools would believe a very positive outcome from that situation was possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I thought the first half of the season was good. the second half was pants apart from a few good moments, I loved where they went with the kids. That was unexpected and ruthless.

I feel the rest was stalling aka character building, characters that we know well already so less time could have been dedicated to it. More action please.

Zombie hordes were very inconsistent. ammo supplies seem never ending.

I feel the writers really let themselves and the show down with the hillybillies v Rick and co at the road side. They were outnumbered and outgunned yet they all survived without a scratch. I understand it's a show about the walking undead but try and keep the human elements some bit realistic. Only fools would believe a very positive outcome from that situation was possible.
    They are very inconsistent with this. After Eugene shot their truck up, the Washington group only had six bullets left. Maggie told Glenn that when they entered the tunnel and met a semi horde of walkers, she shot her last bullets into the ceiling, causing it to collapse.

When Maggie and the Washington group came looking for Glenn, they shot all of the walkers to pieces. Where did they suddenly get ammo from??? It would have been more believable if Glenn had stabbed each walker from the safety of his higher position.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

The ending of the finale was so unsatisfying i felt like hitting myself. They could have at the very least thrown in a paragraph about what terminus was all about.

Also the consistency with TWD and how believable is it seems to get worse with every season. And for the love of god please give the bleeding heart filler conversations a rest. The second part of this season was particularly bad in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I bet it would just become boring and predictable. I hope they don't go on for that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

bear1 wrote: »
    I bet it would just become boring and predictable. I hope they don't go on for that long.
    At the rate they're going, they'll be lucky to keep the ratings up for ten more episodes, never mind ten series! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Walking dead has gone from strength to strength in my book. 10 series mite be pushing it but luckily enough the world is vast and the creators will have a blank canvass to work off. Their is literally a thousands ways the series can go. Christ Eastender and coronation street are still about could you get more boring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Grim enough ending. Next season could be good.. trying to force myself to like the books but struggling. Not as good as other graphic novels I find in a story telling manner.

Advertisement