Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

nah, don't think I'll listen to it, probably just upset myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Its very slow in here today, everyone calming down for the long weekend.

I was reading the after hours thread about signs of getting old, if you over 30 dont read it....

The only thing going for me is that i enjoy modern music... Other than that im old n past it...
    Oh and then I was on the eye cream thread :( i hate fine lines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I was just reading the thread about the guy who would demand a paternity test from any woman claiming to be carrying his child - even if it was his wife or long-term girlfriend! What on earth is that about? I think it's quite sad actually, I'm glad I have more trust in people than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Morning everyone :)

Thanks so much for all yer replies about the crappy A&E doctor.. Made me feel so much better & I think I'm definitely gonna go see someone else.

Still pretty down in the dumps over it today, just taking lots of pain killers & lying in bed, kinda have that "what's the point in getting up?" feeling as I know I'll be in too much pain to do anything at all.

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Morning everyone :)

Thanks so much for all yer replies about the crappy A&E doctor.. Made me feel so much better & I think I'm definitely gonna go see someone else.

Still pretty down in the dumps over it today, just taking lots of pain killers & lying in bed, kinda have that "what's the point in getting up?" feeling as I know I'll be in too much pain to do anything at all.

Missed that post , what happened ?

* i'll go back and look

Ah FFS... Not good when you are in pain.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Susie_Q I just saw your pics in the KYL thread! It looks like so much fun! I hope to be as lucky to be one of those people that has a job they really love! And getting to travel too, what a bonus! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

They seem to be proliferating alright. Like my mum, who has been sick since last July/August. She was told it was "psychosomatic" (lovely). So psychosomatic, in fact, that she has since been diagnosed with a very serious heart condition, and had to spend a month in a private clinic under 24 hour monitoring, is not allowed go back to work for at least a year and can hardly make it up the stairs.

That's awful! I really hate doctors. It's funny thinking that 3 girls I went to school with all went on to study medicine and none of them were people I'd trust with a house plant, let alone my life. All brains, no sense or people skills.

Edit: I just did spell check on this and it suggested I change "IvyTheTerrible" to "Unutterable" hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Links is back, yay. I missed your posts. I seem like a weirdo stalker or something now.. :o Hope you're well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The pain after a good workout is the nicest pain ever. :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Links is back, yay. I missed your posts. I seem like a weirdo stalker or something now.. :o Hope you're well.

Hi :)

*backs away slowly from stalker*

:p

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    The pain after a good workout is the nicest pain ever. :)

Not even close, the nicest pain ever is... Well, that's between me and mistress :)

Anyone else have sleep lines? They are driving me nuts, they are lines you get on your face from sleeping on your tummy, if you sleep on your back you don't get them..., I don't sleep on my back...

They aren't too bad but I can see them. At least I don't have any other wrinkles...

Thinking I'm going to tape my nose from now on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Really sorry to hear about the bad experiences in A and E/with doctors...really makes you wonder!

I had college notes from the last few weeks to print off. I've spent €400+ euro on cartridges (they were the big ones, that get like 5000 pages each and each one ran out one after the other), €20+ euro on paper and then last night after like 30 pages, it tells me the photoconductor needs to be replaced. I googled it and it apparently costs like €280-€300!! :eek:

Need the printer but can't pay that. So I went online and found that you can overide the chip thingy in the photoconductor by relplacing it?...(I don't understand it that well but I've watched the tutorials on youtube) That costs €20 to order from the UK so I got that and I'll try sort this out. *unleashes inner techie*

for 280 I could by a new printer....(maybe not a good one but still :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So I was in the supermarket and this ole b!tch rammed her trolley into the back of me trying to get passed. All she had to do was say excuse me. I said 'ouch' and not as much as a 'sorry' from her.

So when I was walking out the door I gave her little granny trolley a good kick. She turned around to look and I just kept walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just had an appraisal at work and it went really well! Phew. Now to enjoy the (cold windy) sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

This is a little bit sad, but I just watched the last ever episode of One Tree Hill, and now I'm sobbing! I love that show, have watched it through the great episodes and the crappy episodes, I'm actually really going to miss it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Smile - Finished work today till Tuesday
    Frown - A Person talking extremely loudly on their phone
    Sad - MY eyes are sore and I'm tired and hungry
    Cry - Haven't reached there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Going into town for some window shopping. Only picking up things if really necessary but can't be held for my actions around pretty things :D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Having a hot manager is not easy. Today he told me he was going home for easter and that he might go swimming. How was I supposed to not picture him in his keks after that? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my college has bouncy castles!!! :D YAY!! im knackered after them though hahahaha

• Advertisement

I'm starting to get very curious about railway systems in Ireland. To be honest, I kinda assumed it was just something we didn't have, so I'm a bit astonished to find that Ireland used to be fairly well connected by rail: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Map_Rail_Ireland_Viceregal_Commission_1906.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Feeling a bit down atm, I'll be OK though. I feel stupid for feeling upset and down over what it is that's getting me down and upset. It shouldn't get to me so much, wish I could just get over it tbh. It's ridiculously petty. At 20yo, you'd think I know better.

Lunch now, pasta in a Smokey Bacon sauce, yum.

Hoping the boyfriend will come to see the Titanic with me next week when it is released, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

mariebeth wrote: »
    This is a little bit sad, but I just watched the last ever episode of One Tree Hill, and now I'm sobbing! I love that show, have watched it through the great episodes and the crappy episodes, I'm actually really going to miss it!

Same! Went onto to the Wikipedia page and it's all past tense. "OTH was a television series" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hoping the boyfriend will come to see the Titanic with me next week when it is released, fingers crossed :)

the new cinema here isnt showing it for some reason so will have to go see it in one of the other ones, I wouldnt mind seeing it again its definitely a big screen movie, havent watched it in a few years either. some dodgy scriptwriting aside its still a spectacle of a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm starting to get very curious about railway systems in Ireland. To be honest, I kinda assumed it was just something we didn't have, so I'm a bit astonished to find that Ireland used to be fairly well connected by rail: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Map_Rail_Ireland_Viceregal_Commission_1906.jpg

It's crazy isn't it? I study a bit of that in college, and it's so sad to think it was just abandoned for cars...also it's made a lot of roads very easy to construct here, because the railways already existed, so they could just lay the roads over them and not have to buy lots of private land or knock houses.
    mariebeth wrote: »

Well that's my evening sorted! I kinda gave up on it after
    Lucas and Peyton left
    - I'm not sure if I need to spoiler that after so long but just in case! But now I'm gonna watch all the seasons I missed and weeeeeeep. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Lola - thanks! I'd like to say I'm very lucky to be in my job, though I have to say it's the result of 6 years of hard work to get to where I am now. Have 4 days off now for Easter so have just checked into a nice hotel (with a pool!) in a nearby beach town. My plan is to read, swim, relax and eat my bodyweight in fresh seafood until I go back to the office.

Does anyone know where I can stream Titanic online? Shock horror, I've actually never seen it. PM me if you have a link please! :)

I've lost my marbles. I got out one of my vet nursing books and I've been studying for the past couple of hours. Ah well, it can't hurt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Icing a foot in an ice bucket is a horrible experience! My face was :eek: before I got further than my big toe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Icing a foot in an ice bucket is a horrible experience! My face was :eek: before I got further than my big toe!

That is such a horrible feeling! I had a bone bruise on my shin and the first time they iced it I nearly jumped out of the chair.

• Advertisement

Jeez my gran is very agitated today. Stupid Alzheimer's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement