Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Keep in mind we only have sixty seconds to pick this year though (thank God, nothing worse than sitting there as someone used the full allocation for every pick, or better yet seemed to stop paying attention at all!)

That's actually a point that should probably be hammered home - if you're done drafting and want to just let the robots take it from there, make sure to fully leave the draft, don't just minimise it. If you're not connected, you autopick in <5 seconds, if you are still connected it waits the whole time to do it, which is ****ty for anyone who's still picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Raphael wrote: »
    That's actually a point that should probably be hammered home - if you're done drafting and want to just let the robots take it from there, make sure to fully leave the draft, don't just minimise it. If you're not connected, you autopick in <5 seconds, if you are still connected it waits the whole time to do it, which is ****ty for anyone who's still picking.

I thought as soon as you auto pick/time out once, it sets you to 'away' and continues to 5 second auto draft until you untick 'away'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

gerryfed wrote: »
    I thought as soon as you auto pick/time out once, it sets you to 'away' and continues to 5 second auto draft until you untick 'away'?
    Yeah that's the way it works

Huh, TIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Best of luck lads, don't forget there's a flex position now instead of 3 WRs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Thought it was half nine... Been pr1ckin around the past hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

Forgot it. ****.

Tbf team not terrible bar the rb situation. Wouldnt of had the same team had i selected myself. Many auto drafts?

I'd probably have been better off autodrafting. Got a bit flustered whenever my next pick got taken just before I was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Just got the "Who Won Your Draft" mail from NFL.com

They're projecting me to got 5-8, highlight though was this:

"Chancers may know something no one else does, grabbing James Conner, who is on a squad in less than 10% of all NFL.com leagues (1%)."

I think they need to update their mail templates, the secret is out!

Projected to go 3-10. Which sounds about right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

A+ and 12-1 according to the report. I'll just let my team manage itself and I will check back in with you all in December!!!

Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

All my players played in the 6pm slot this week. That must be fairly unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I'm going to win with 64 points!

I lost Mariota, Greg Olsen and Fournette to injuries. Very bad start

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Super week against Dingle Dogs.... i had Jeremy Hill and Delanie walker go down... but came down to monday night football - he had tate in the Jets Lions game and i had kupp in the rams game..... lost by 2 points but it was close all weekend and enjoyed following it :) haha

But seriously really need Lev Bell to come back now tho

But seriously really need Lev Bell to come back now tho

No rush, I got myself an RB1 in James Conner in the 9th round of the draft :D

Can anyone tell me when the waiver claims are processed?

In Exile wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when the waiver claims are processed?

Thurs morning

Very quiet in here. Getting into the business end of the season and the top 3 teams are 8-3, 2 games ahead of the chasing pack of 6 team (plus another 2 on 5-6 who could have a shot).

My own team is one of the 6 at 6-5 despite having scored the most points.... that's fantasy football I guess.

We've only had a single trade all season but there doesn't appear to be a deadline so maybe there's time for more before it's all over.

McG wrote: »
    Very quiet in here. Getting into the business end of the season and the top 3 teams are 8-3, 2 games ahead of the chasing pack of 6 team (plus another 2 on 5-6 who could have a shot).

My own team is one of the 6 at 6-5 despite having scored the most points.... that's fantasy football I guess.

We've only had a single trade all season but there doesn't appear to be a deadline so maybe there's time for more before it's all over.

I was so pissed off the other week when I picked up the Charger D to replace the Vikes on a bye and then forgot to put them in, and therefore lost...my own doing but it destroyed my motivation entirely Stupid to let it slide though. Definitely the quietest year I've ever had in this game

Been setting my lineup ever week , few head banging decisions on my behalf but its been decent.

Fantasy for me is the craic had with the trades and the sh1t talk. The boards leagues are really devoid of that though

• Advertisement

good day on waivers for me, got all 3 I put in for.

Gus Edwards could be good down the stretch (as long as Lamar Jackson is QB)
    Cameron Brate might be an improvement at TE with Howard done for season. TE has been a disaster of a position this year.
    Stephen Gostkowksi will hopefully be a decent kicker for rest of season

Taking a chance that Edwards can be useful in case of injuries I've now got a couple of RBs to spare so putting out some trade requests to try strengthen WR a little.

finished as the top scoring team in the league :)
    yet somehow finished 9th in table :(
    so no playoffs this year :(

good luck to the teams that made it!

Ugh, hate when that happens. Looks like you were also the most scored against, which is no real surprise.

Elsewhere in the league, holy crap that Division 1 upset

Ugh, hate when that happens. Looks like you were also the most scored against, which is no real surprise.

Elsewhere in the league, holy crap that Division 1 upset

What happened in Div 1?

In Exile wrote: »
    What happened in Div 1?

Peeping Tomlinsons were leading all season, but lost to My Cousin Vinnie this week, got bumped out of the lead and missed playoffs

Peeping Tomlinsons were leading all season, but lost to My Cousin Vinnie this week, got bumped out of the lead and missed playoffs

Harsh.

I autodrafted so no real satisfaction in number 1 seed but finally out of div 3 :)

Missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker. Devestated! I was predicted to win only one game and came so close!

Just copped that the Championship this year is the 5th seed vs 6th seed. Fantasy is wack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, Please post in the below thread if you are playing this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992879

• Advertisement

Posted
    Can't remember where I finished last season or if I'm in this league or another

Advertisement