Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cash discount for new car

• 03-11-2007 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting a new Nissan Quashqai diesel in January so will probably have to order soon. Any idea what sort of discount for cash I should be expecting to get?

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Plenty of Nissan garages around so ring them and see what they will do for you. Tell them you have been quoted x by another garage but you would rather buy with them as they are closer to where you live, play the game and see who comes out on top :D

In my experience €1000-€1500 wouldnt be unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

From what I've heard through friends in the car biz, the Quashqai is a car very much in demand, the Nissan dealers can't get them in fast enough to sell.

So with a car in such high demand you may have trouble getting any discount as there may be a waiting list - if you don't buy it, the next punter gers bumped up the list so dealers will be reluctant to give any cash discount.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try, if you have a car to trade in, push for a good price on your car. If you haven't got a trade in you are in a better position so try to get as many extra's thrown in for free as you can if the dealer won't give you anything off the price on the new car.

Another option is to try to get some free servicing from the dealer.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Thanks for the help guys. Solid advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Demand 6%. That's what they have to play with.

If you're good you'll get 7%.

RE: Demand - There will be plenty of stock around in January, the only issue might be around colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If u were buyin straight for one of them i'd nearly push for two, and drive hard... If they are drivin hard back, get a set of mats and side steps... Any other little extra's. Will cost the f/a and will save u a few quid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

The dealers sold out of their 2007 allocation straight away, and they've got a fair chunk of 2008's already reserved. I don't see you getting anything meaningful off list price because they will eventually sell it for full list price.

Touting a "cash" sale can often be a disadvantage. They get a kickback on Nissan finance, so you can often get a better price by saying that you'll take their finance rather than going to your bank/credit union. When I bought a 2nd hand Focus a few years ago I negotiated a cash price and when I couldn't get him to budge any further, I suggested taking his finance offer instead, and he moved a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

For anyone's info.. went to the Nissan garage today. Crap trade in price on my own car or a take it or leave it €1k off for cash. I'll be leaving it.
    Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

You should be able to get €2500 off list for cash.
    Myself and the wife both bought new cars since last year and wouldnt settle for less than this as a cash price.

Play the dealers off of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Vostro but what did you get 2500 off exactly??

The more expensive the car obviously the more room for discount but to get that type of money off a Nissan priced at what we are talking about here you would be doing pretty well.

I got nearly €6,000 off my current car but it doesn't mean I'd do the same on a car half the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's about supply and demand. The Qashqai is the only car Nissan dealers are selling that anyone wants. Of course they'll sell Almeras (yes they still have unregistered Almeras!), Micras and Notes for small money, but any salesman giving 2500 off a Qashqai would get a P45 very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    any salesman giving 2500 off a Qashqai would get a P45 very quickly.

Me thinks you are correct.

Advertisement