Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gallops, Cavan

• 31-08-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,

I wanted to ask about opinions about The Gallops, in Cavan. It looks like a nice estate to me, not too close to town but with easy access. Does anyone know the place?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Renting or buying?
    Really nice area. From there to Butlersbridge is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elia80

Im thinking of buying there. There doesnt seem to be any problems with neighbours or anything like that. Do you think its safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Safe as anywhere Elia80. You have the equestrian CRT behind you. Footpath into town. Great schools if that's a consideration. Take a walk about on a Sunday and try talking to some of your neighbours. I'm sure you will love it there. I'm from just out that road which is the old main road and miss it terribly. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I used to rent there.

The house itself was just ok. Kitchen/diner was large, and impossible to heat.

Neighbours were fine, mostly. Got stuck beside a bunch of loud students in the end, decided to leave as our lease was up.

Thanks a lot for your replies. I don´t live in Ireland at the moment and, although I know Cavan Town, I don´t know this particular area, so I´m just concern with the type of neighbours and safety. I don´t want to buy and find myself in a terrible place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Elia80 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for your replies. I don´t live in Ireland at the moment and, although I know Cavan Town, I don´t know this particular area, so I´m just concern with the type of neighbours and safety. I don´t want to buy and find myself in a terrible place!

You're buying blind?

Why not rent at first, until you get a feel for what the houses/areas are like?

I´m not moving to Ireland for the moment, but I will in the future. The thing is I travel there at least two or three times a year and would like to have my own place and maybe rent it when I´m not there. Of course I have seen the house and will go back to check before buying it.

I like the area and I see the house prices there are very good. I just wanted to make sure it´s an OK place, since I don´t know the estate itself. Anything I should worry about?

Advertisement