Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endnotes on MS Word 2007

• 10-03-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me is it possible to have different text in each footer at the end of a page? Every time i create an footer on the first page of a document, it carry's it through all the footer on the document. EG - I write citations boards.ie thread 122" or something to that nature, it will appear on every page any way of stopping this so I can have the footer text different on each page?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It's Insert > reference > footnote on older versions of Word.
    I've no idea how the abomination that is 2007 handles it.

Obligatory you should be using LaTeX comment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Endnote is the work of satan.

Never use it ever for anything. Ever.

Last time I was so foolish as to use it as I was nearly finished my document it, for no reason apart from being evil, shuffled all my references. Yes as in put the wrong numbers on the wrong references right throughout the document (50+ refs) and I coulnd't fix it. In the end I had to MANUALLY redo the referencing.

/rant

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think the OP means `footnotes' instead of the Endnote reference manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

5uspect wrote: »
    I think the OP means `footnotes' instead of the Endnote reference manager.

Oh yeah good point.
    I just saw the word Endnote and saw red:P

Sorry OP - I haven't helped

Advertisement