Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

muincav wrote: »
    ,his wife works there and she is giving him the heads up and it has been noticed by other staff members...I wouldnt mind if he was buying for himself but he seems to spoiling it for everyone else...I only buy what I need...:(
    To be honest I'd rather that than seeing zero bargains whatsoever in the store. Scoured it several times now but I'm convinced staff are just buying stock or hiding it as soon as it comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dun laoghaire- ebb t 200 digital boxes, suit saorview, e10, good few on shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Jjust picked up a ps3 for €100 well delighted, got it in Bettystown, last one of 5. Its the 160Gb slim model.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

damian139 wrote: »
    Dun laoghaire- ebb t 200 digital boxes, suit saorview, e10, good few on shelf

Whole shelf of them in Lucan too. Two different models available. Tenner each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Barnet wrote: »
    I'm in Tesco Clonmel now!. They have 1 Toshiba 19" LED HD ready TV for €75 & 1 Toshiba LED Full HD TV for €100. They are both boxed down the back of the store.

Wish I'd seen this earlier - did they have any 19" with including dvd player? I saw 2 x 32" TV's earlier in the week but I'm after something smaller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Whole shelf of them in Lucan too. Two different models available. Tenner each.

Nice - need a Saorview box for a spare tv at home - Tesco on the way home so !!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Hi my husband got a 42inch lg tv in Mahon point today for €200 they also have a Toshiba 40 inch and an lg 40 inch both €200. No idea of specs but one of them was smart. :) forgot to say they also have a 32inch tv too, no idea of make.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

AK333 wrote: »
    Wish I'd seen this earlier - did they have any 19" with including dvd player? I saw 2 x 32" TV's earlier in the week but I'm after something smaller.

They had one 19 inch left in there about an hour ago, got one last night can't go wrong at that price.

kjgf123 wrote: »
    They had one 19 inch left in there about an hour ago, got one last night can't go wrong at that price.

Kids, grab your coats, we're going for a spin .... NOW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

They have toshiba 40 in Kinnegad €200 display model only. Have a few others as well checked a few prices. As far as I can tell TVs that have reduced yellow tag on it with date of 1/1/2014 are half the reduced price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

projectgtr wrote: »
    Jjust picked up a ps3 for €100 well delighted, got it in Bettystown, last one of 5. Its the 160Gb slim model.

DAAAAAAMN!

kjgf123 wrote: »

It was gone when I got there but thanks for the heads up.

Picked up a Vivicam X040 purple camera (the important thing is its purple :o) for €14 and a chill factor squeeze cup slushy maker for €7 - they were in excess of €15 before Christmas. There were a good few cameras left and about 5 slushy cups.

and two Hello Kitty books for €3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kalani Alive Giraffe

can some well heeled boardsie (definition - one who has saved oodles of cash from BA and saved it in his/her piggy bank) go to all these tesco stores and buy up the bargains so the rest of us can buy them back off you....please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

There were three Toshiba 32" TV's in Oranmore this evening at 4:30, scanning at €239. I asked them to check the price that other stores were selling them at €150, no go. Manager gave me some spiel about Crazy Price Stock was all he could sell at a reduction, regardless of what other stores were doing. I showed him this thread with other people getting the same TV for €150 in other stores. He said he did not know how other stores are selling them at this price.
    When I asked about the LG ones on 27th I was told by another staff member that of course staff would snap them up at that price.

BTW, thanks to the other Boardsie for the moral support!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Got a toshiba 19" at Coonagh. No remote control in box when I got home. Can't tune it in now :confused: Not sure what to do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

now online wrote: »
    Hi my husband got a 42inch lg tv in Mahon point today for €200 they also have a Toshiba 40 inch and an lg 40 inch both €200. No idea of specs but one of them was smart. :) forgot to say they also have a 32inch tv too, no idea of make.

Are these marked as reduced or did he ask?

Was just over there and saw nothing. Didn't ask though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My mum rang me on this this morning and I sent the hubbie in for it on his lunch break:

Persil small & mighty half price, stocking up on a few bottles of it as it can be quite expensive at the normal price.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=278274537

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

shawnee wrote: »
    Got a toshiba 19" at Coonagh. No remote control in box when I got home. Can't tune it in now :confused: Not sure what to do :p

Anything else in Coonagh. looking for a 24 or 26 inch TV for a bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Spotted in Tallaght, Epson wi-fi all-in-one printer/scanner: Expression Home XP-305 (Amazon link). €20 (bottom shelf opposite the chemist, 3 in stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Anything else in Coonagh. looking for a 24 or 26 inch TV for a bedroom.

Nothing else much there really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

no reduced ps3's in waterford tramore, ballybeg, lisduggen, or poleberry stores. if anyone spots any around the south, could they please let me know, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    My mum rang me on this this morning and I sent the hubbie in for it on his lunch break:

Persil small & mighty half price, stocking up on a few bottles of it as it can be quite expensive at the normal price.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=278274537

Have another 9 months or so worth of the stuff in stock after the BA in the summer. Less than €3 for the 20 wash bottle with built in fabric softener ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco Lucan has a 32" Full HD Toshiba after being returned unopened. It was a gift for someone bought in Maynooth- that they don't want. Its scanning @ 175. Its not on display- its been security tagged and brought into the store room. Lucan have never sold that set. It is a return- but its unopened, and available for sale (they offered to sell it to me- if I had anywhere to put it, I'd have taken it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

athtrasna wrote: »
    Have another 9 months or so worth of the stuff in stock after the BA in the summer. Less than €3 for the 20 wash bottle with built in fabric softener ;)

I know, I should have enough to do me now til the end of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

AK333 wrote: »

No the 19" did not come with DVD player. The other one was a Toshiba 22" (I didn't state size in earlier post).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Tesco Lucan has a 32" Full HD Toshiba after being returned unopened. It was a gift for someone bought in Maynooth- that they don't want. Its scanning @ 175. Its not on display- its been security tagged and brought into the store room. Lucan have never sold that set. It is a return- but its unopened, and available for sale (they offered to sell it to me- if I had anywhere to put it, I'd have taken it).

Any idea of the model number? Who to ask there for the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Am I the only one here who is yet to find any bargain in Tesco this time around? :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭little foot

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who is yet to find any bargain in Tesco this time around? :(:p

Nope I too feel your pain

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Anyone else having issues with the self-scanners? Every item I scanned, just said 'contact a member of sales' (or something similar)... I think they've switched off self-scanners in the Tesco I was at.

Can someone please post model codes of TVs that seem to be reduced?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Oh, and Fairy All-in-One Dishwasher tablets are half-price at the moment.
    36 tablets for €6.39 (stocked up on a few while I was there)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement