Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: Vengeance [Starz - US] *Spoilers!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I was looking at these earlier. They are pictures afterall so I won't judge too hard, but he seems a lot rougher than Andy's Spartacus....not as cuddly :P
    I'll wait for some live action clips before I go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It's really just not going to be the same is it? You might get used to him after a while and hell me might be a really good actor but still...

Will wait on a trailer to see how it comes across.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Certainly looks the part anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

tvnutz wrote: »
    It's really just not going to be the same is it? You might get used to him after a while and hell me might be a really good actor but still...

Will wait on a trailer to see how it comes across.

:rolleyes: Spartacus is NOT just one man/actor....it's the whole world of Sparty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

He reminds me of Zachary Quinto in some of the photos. Initially thought Sylar when I saw them. :D

:rolleyes: Spartacus is NOT just one man/actor....it's the whole world of Sparty.

Get off it,he is the main character and despite great performances from Hannah and some others its still all him and the character. Now its going to be very different.

tvnutz wrote: »
    Get off it,he is the main character and despite great performances from Hannah and some others its still all him and the character. Now its going to be very different.

You're getting a double rolley, look --> :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're getting a double rolley, look --> :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes Richard,that make's you a genius,the smiley generally reserved for people who can't make a valid arguement. bravo. well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

cant wait but its ages away its gona drive me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

While I will most definitely be following this, without Andy, its almost going to feel like a reboot or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it should be interesting, sad that andy isnt coming back, but i think with what happened hes replacement will be more accepted,

and going by the end of the first season some epic stuff is about to kick-off, also a lot of extra caratcers will probably be introduced, and some of the prequel caracter should pop up also,

at least we still have a spartacus, but no batiatus:(, no one can say jupiters cocks better than batiatus :D

ill have to stop coming here all these 8 month build-ups are wrecking my head, i saw a trailer for dallas the other day, its not out till next summer:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think the prequel has helped smooth the transition somewhat. Even without any Spartacus at all I thought the prequel season was excellent, so to have a different Spartacus could work. Tbh I'm far more worried about the loss of John Hannah/Batiatus.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

TBF he does really look the part. Just thinking about it I'll really miss all the arena scenes.

I do actually think that the show is going to miss John Hannah, the Roman general was a good baddie in season one but I love all the back stabbing and plotting nearly more then the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

Defo not going to be the same :(

Will watch anyway, don't see why they didn't do a dexter and postpone production, then again money talks.

Having said that I did like the 6 part series without spartacus so hopefully this will be fine 2.

blodvyn wrote: »
    Will watch anyway, don't see why they didn't do a dexter and postpone production, then again money talks.

they did postpone production, and when andy got better and started getting back into shape for season 2 his cancer came back, so i doubth he would have wanted to do much for a year or two and just concentrate on his health, playing spartacus id say is a very pysically demanding role, keeping in such great shape for a 3-5 months shoot would be demanding for anyone, let alone a fella who had 2 cancer scares within months of each other,

Casting news: http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/starzs-spartacus-casts-female-warrior/

Ellen Hollman (Skateland) has landed the new female warrior role on Starz's Spartacus, whose upcoming second season will be titled Spartacus: Vengance. Hollman will play the new regular role of Saxa, a beautiful, vicious, intelligent and fiercely passionate woman that could face any man and have a good chance of coming out the victor. She is a force to reckoned with, on the battlefield or in the bedroom. Spartacus will hold a panel at Comic-Con this afternoon where the series will introduce to the Comic-Con crowd new star Liam McIntyre, joined by Comic-Con fave Lucy Lawless and other actors and producers from the Starz drama. Hollman's TV credits consist mainly of guest spots on series, including In Plain Sight, Rules of Engagement and Medium.

Whatcha think lads?...Liam has a VERY different vibe to Andy....approve or not?

The biggest good news: On 29, July - STARZ will release the first official full trailer!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/07/spartacus-vengeance-comic-con-liam-mcintyre/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/23/lucy-lawless-comic-con-interview/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/22/spartacus-vengeance-trailer-season-2/

I've watched it a few times now, imo...with very little to go on, my gut is telling me Liam will play this rather differently, in fact....this Spartacus reminds me of a character you'd see in Rome, and that's NOT a bad thing!

His presence is more authoritivy, his accent is more English, i'm not negative at all, which is good. We'll just have to get used to a new Sparty and also realise that Spartacus himself will have to change, with the breakout and uprising one must remember Spartacus has to become a leader, a general, a commander of thousands.

Ergo this change will make sense if you allow your self to get past the casting change.

Its hard to tell from that little clip,better waiting until the 29th when the full trailer comes out to be able to make a proper judgement.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

blodvyn wrote: »
    Defo not going to be the same :(

Having said that I did like the 6 part series without spartacus so hopefully this will be fine 2.

As long as they keep up the hilarious scripting and violence, plus plenty of tits and ass thrown in, I don't really care what slice of beefcake they have playing Spartacus tbh.

Judging by the little you see of him in the trailer below, the new guy should do fine.

full trailer, cant wait:D

don ramo wrote: »

full trailer, cant wait:D

By Jupiters Cock....that looks EPIC! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Should not have watched the trailer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

stevenmu wrote: »
    Even without any Spartacus at all I thought the prequel season was excellent, so to have a different Spartacus could work.

My thoughts exactly. The prequel proved you don't need the main character, much less the same actor for that character. The situation with the original actor is unfortunate, but as long as everything else remains consistent in quality, they can absorb the loss of any one cast member.

must say lucretia looks like a maniac, and it should be fun having illithyia now staying in here house,

don ramo wrote: »
    must say lucretia looks like a maniac, and it should be fun having illithyia now staying in here house,

Very much looking forward to Ilythia getting hers!! [by Lucretia's hand no doubt] in the new series!! :D

Wonder if that snake Ashur will survive again or will Doctore or Crixus take him out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement