Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Thank you! We only collected it from the jeweller last week (we got it custom made) and I'm bloody delighted with it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

That is a beautiful ring:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

OMG, what a stunning ring! Deffo one of the nicest I've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So the Christmas Lights are going on in my town today. So obviously that influenced my polish choices. But I couldn't decide between Christmas Tree colours or Winter colours.

So: The winter colours are the white with a ice blue dipped look, and the Christmas Tree colours are the green with the red crackle over it :)

2013-11-23152841_zps3675f75c.jpg

The blue isn't really showing up well in pics but I tried to get a pic of it:

2013-11-23154147_zps432b6c10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

24e5ao6.jpg

s1qgrl.jpg

Bordeaux by Essie.

• Advertisement

Ooh They are pretty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Some Christmassy nails ... was in Woodies wandering around the decorations and got into the Christmas spirit! Took forever though!

(inspiration from cutepolish on youtube)

christmas+nails.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Orlee wrote: »
    Some Christmassy nails ... was in Woodies wandering around the decorations and got into the Christmas spirit! Took forever though!

(inspiration from cutepolish on youtube)

Super cute! The wee Christmas tree is adorable. How did you get your start so perfect or is it a stud kind of thing?

Tape and some spare time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hey penny wren - the stars from a glitter polish. Fished it out with a toothpick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I got that Sally Hansen Insta Dry, woooooow.

I did my nails last night, about an hour before I went to bed, woke up this morning, not a smudge in sight. I can't believe it.

Thanks a million to those who recommended it, definitely worth the €8 it cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Itzayana Millions Revolver

25uqsua.jpg

Black - essence 'black is back'
    Cream - Sally Hansen 'nearly nude'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I got that Sally Hansen Insta Dry, woooooow.

I did my nails last night, about an hour before I went to bed, woke up this morning, not a smudge in sight. I can't believe it.

Thanks a million to those who recommended it, definitely worth the €8 it cost!

I just bought it there today after looking at this thread...gonna test it out tonight :D

Dealz on Henry st, dublin have some really nice revlon polishes. I got 2, a lovely black with a metallic grey undertone called black star and chroma chameleon in pink quartz. 1.49 each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Bought my first Topshop nail polish as I had read some positive reviews about them. This is Fallen Leaf. Not my usual colour choice but something about it attracted me to it.

Picture+024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Novella wrote: »

Bordeaux by Essie.

Novella where did you get your watch?? I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thank you! We only collected it from the jeweller last week (we got it custom made) and I'm bloody delighted with it. :D

Congratulations! It's beautiful! No wonder you got your nails done all nice :D

I'm going for a shellac manicure at the weekend. Think I'm going to go for a French polish as well. I pretty much always have nail varnish on, but I can't do French polish to save my life so might as well get someone to do it for me!

Got these in Deals recently, very happy with them, especially for €1.49, considering they are €7.69 in Boots.

Mysterious Icon

loreal_805_mysterious_icon_02.jpg

Magic Croisette

IMG_9744.jpg

Shocking Pink

LOreal-Paris-Color-Riche.jpg

Revlon Radient - just a blue glitter polish, can't seem to find a good photo of it at all, so this will have to do.

fuxet0.jpg

None of the pics are mine, I got them all from various blogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Love that shocking pink colour!! May have to resist temptation though considering.I have over 70 polishes... I think I have an addiction problem he he he!!

jellybear wrote: »
    Love that shocking pink colour!! May have to resist temptation though considering.I have over 70 polishes... I think I have an addiction problem he he he!!
    I'm a sucker for nail polish, I'm absolutely awful. In my teenage years I was never into make up or nails etc, I'm more than making up for it now :o

My bf counted mine a few weeks ago out of curiosity, think he counted about 80 (including top/base coats, treatments etc), although 97% of my polishes are coloured. I did give some away though to two friends as they are colours I don't use that often, so no point keeping them there so since I've given those away I probably have half the amount I had.

If it wasn't for Dealz I wouldn't half the polishes I do have, most of them come from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

At least I'm not the only one who just cant resist buying more and more even though I have so many!! I find I always use the same 4/5 all the time which is awful considering the huge range I have to choose from!
    Must say catrice polishes are definitely my favourite with an essie undercoat and an essence gel look top coat. I find the paint lasts at least a week without chipping!

Only did mine on Sunday and am already thinking what colour I'll do next he he!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I only did mine yesterday and I want to change them already. :p

Lord almighty. I have just looked at my spreadsheet and I have 119 polishes so far :O!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

hdowney wrote: »
    Lord almighty. I have just looked at my spreadsheet and I have 119 polishes so far :O!!!!!!

You have a spreadsheet??? That's keeping tabs on the polish. I usually end up with two of the same polish as I forget I already have it bought months ago.

shhling wrote: »
    You have a spreadsheet??? That's keeping tabs on the polish. I usually end up with two of the same polish as I forget I already have it bought months ago.

I think quite a few of the folks on here have spreadsheets. There used to be a Nailpolish group (when boards still had a groups section) and we posted them up, did nailpolish swaps etc. I miss the swaps actually :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I think quite a few of the folks on here have spreadsheets. There used to be a Nailpolish group (when boards still had a groups section) and we posted them up, did nailpolish swaps etc. I miss the swaps actually :(

I wish a) I was organised enough to do that and b) I had enough nail polish to require that!

I do have multiple nudes/pinks that may as well be the same colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Sorry I didn't mean it to sound like a criticism. ****Secretly envious of you being so organised.

shhling wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't mean it to sound like a criticism. ****Secretly envious of you being so organised.

Oh no it didn't sound like a criticism. Sorry if I made you think that :)
    Tasden wrote: »
    I wish a) I was organised enough to do that and b) I had enough nail polish to require that!

I do have multiple nudes/pinks that may as well be the same colour!

Hehe :) It get's a little difficult though tryin to store them

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I think I have a 110ish. It's a while since I counted them. I stopped buying new ones for while but have started again. The last few I got are the Rimmel Salon Pro ones -they last several days on me. I did get a glittery Barry M the other day though.

I actually forgot I had a spreadsheet - I should update it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I stopped buying them too, with the exception of a few cheap ones on hols recently!

It was getting ridiculous. I have 23 different shades of pink or some such nonsense.

Advertisement