Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most disturbing scene in Oz?

• 30-10-2007 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I just got season 3 of Oz and it's one damn fine show.

Are there any other fans out there?
    If so, what would you consider the roughest scene in it.

I'd go for spoon rape.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Yeh the Spooning was pretty bad. Poor guy.

for me though the hardest to watch parts were:

1) That scene in the gym where Keller, Shillinger and someone else break all of Beechers leg's and arm's. Nasty.
    2) That episode where Beecher get's free then at the end it turns out he's dreaming. Sad sad sad:(
    3) When Peter Shibbeta gets raped by Adabici.

Come to think of it the whole thing is riddled with scenes of a gruesome nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was gonna say the spooning incident too...

One of the lads has forever thought that spooning means that and not the romantic version...

Messed up show, brilliant though...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wasn't there another scene where Shillinger crucifies a guy to the floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

used to watch it when it was on TG4 back in the day..... now have the box set and am halfway thru season 2.

One scene that I remember vividly is the one where some inmates cut the basketball playing hack's achilles heel just as he;d found out he was invited to try-outs for some major team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Those are all horrible scenes.

OZ was a horribly graphic show, with the abuse of Cyril O'Reily being pretty bad. He was a sweetheart.
    Also Richie Hanlon getting murdered RIGHT AFTER getting off death row
    poor guy, he was a decent man too.

But it did have some heartwarming bits.

Like when Hill found Dobson a trumpet player to practice with. The scene where the trumpet guy appears and their playing together is a stunner:D

And yeah, there was a scene where the Aryans crucify a priest to the floor. Robert Sipple was a child molestor who I actually felt for, he turned himself in and seemed genuinely repentant, but was then nailed to the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

Oz has some really twisted parts in it.

1) Schillinger crucifying the child molester to the gym floor in S2.
    2) Schillinger raping Peter Schiabetta with the black tar-like stuff in S5.
    3) Malcolm Coyle raping the mother then stabbing the baby in S3.
    4) Morales staple-gunning the Chinese immigrant to death in S4
    5) The spoon-rape in S6.
    6) Morales getting both tendons cut by Officer Brass in S6.

They're all pretty rough but I think everyone will agree that the most twisted scene in Oz is the one with the Beecher & Schillinger musical number in S5. Just delightfully twisted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They're all pretty rough but I think everyone will agree that the most twisted scene in Oz is the one with the Beecher & Schillinger musical number in S5. Just delightfully twisted :D

One of the best episodes there ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The guy luke perry who was shoved in the wall and toasted and then shoved in the wall again to die, hate that

• User45701 wrote: »
    The guy luke perry who was shoved in the wall and toasted and then shoved in the wall again to die, hate that

I was just going to say that :D

REverand jeremiah Cloutier

What a dude

Worst scene is still spoon rape

Or alvarez cutting the eyes out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Double C

"This is the last duet you'll ever sing" quality stuff!!

The scene when O'Reilly killed the guy who raped Dr. Nathan. The dumbell to the head, nasty.
    Beecher ****ting in Schillinger's face was pretty sick/hilariously funny. Schillinger raping Cyril was just unnecessary.

Best show ever. By a mile! (Please note I haven't started watching the Wire yet...)

I have seaoson 3 on as we speak.

I think I would've made a good Irish gang addition.
    Skinny,sharp boyish looks, ability to box, irish accent.
    Oh yes.

Beecher getting his revenge was amazing.As Hill said"we love to root for the underdog"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aw Christ, that's just horrible!
    Presume it's more graphic than Prison Break. Please don't tell me Prison Break is WORSE?!
    Not a prison drama person myself. A few years ago, I watched Murder In The First, set in Alcatraz. Was disturbed for months. Other than that, American History X :eek:. Saw a bit of Papillon - couldn't hack it. I'm a bit of a wuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Scene when Beecher was Schillingers wife, went something like

"Schillinger "Take off your clothes, your takin a shower"
    Beecher "I already had one"
    Schillinger "Trust me, after the shower Im giving you you will wanna have another" :eek::eek:

I think it was right after this he made him wear the confederate shirt and Beecher, realising he could either die chancing his arm at Vern or get beaten by the black lads re his shirt, and nearly took Verns eye out with flying glass :eek::D

Then there was the time he knocked him out and took a Barry White on his face.

Another "aw jaysus" scene, when they find Johnny Post has been murdered by the mafia, and as a final insult they cut off his lad and put it in his own mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The flying monkeys or when the house crushed the Wicked Witch of the West.:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dudess wrote: »
    Aw Christ, that's just horrible!

Oz is probably the most graphic tv show I've ever seen. Ironically tho I never find it to be gruesome or grim. It's almost farcical in its construction. Oz is basically West Side Story meets Shakespeare meets a weekend on the town with Senator David Norris.

I'd defo recommend it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Dudess wrote: »
    Presume it's more graphic than Prison Break. Please don't tell me Prison Break is WORSE?!

Prison Break doesn't come anywhere near the awsomeness that is Oz. Oz is one of the most graphic tv shows I have ever seen though.

Pigman II wrote: »
    Oz is probably the most graphic tv show I've ever seen. Ironically tho I never find it to be gruesome or grim. It's almost farcical in its construction

*sings*
    "sometimes truth is stranger than fiction"
    mossy monk wrote: »
    Prison Break doesn't come anywhere near the awsomeness that is Oz. Oz is one of the most graphic tv shows I have ever seen though.

+1
    Agreed, Prison Break is mildly diverting but most of the people I know who are into it are emotional teenage girls who whine that T-Bag said he'd rape someone. or something.
    Oz had Adebisi raping schibetta and Schibetta going loco as a result
    beat that. It kicks the ****e outta Prison break

The scenes with Vern and Tobias in the first season were horrible. I just wanted Beecher to smack him in the head. The scene where Vern is making him lick his boots is grim. Really grim. I was just hoping Beecher would take advantage of his position to cold-cock Vern's balls. i think we all feel for Beecher. He's a nice, loving family man who's hopelessly out of depth in prison before he flips and gets a reputation as a psycho.

The scene with Beecher and Robson in season 2 with the fellatio was wonderful, you see Beecher locked in the hole, and he spits out Robson's cock. Genius. It was great once Beecher stood up for himself.

I love the scene in season 3 where Vern tries to stab Tobias in the gym, and Keller and the Muslims pile in against the Aryans. It was a great scene to be sure.
    Or when the Aryans are gonna rape Adam, and the Italiens pile in.
    Great stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There was scene wher Peter schibetta tried to re-asert his manhood by attacking Schillinger in the workshop.He ended up getting bashed and raped by three of them.nasty.
    I also thought the scene where Adebesi pours boiling soup over Poet and some other guy and thier resulting screams as they're taken to the infirmiry was particularly horrible.
    BTW,i have pretty much all episodes on VHS if anybody wants them send me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Agreed, Prison Break is mildly diverting but most of the people I know who are into it are emotional teenage girls who whine that T-Bag said he'd rape someone. or something.
    Oz had Adebisi raping schibetta and Schibetta going loco as a result
    beat that. It kicks the ****e outta Prison break

What do you mean beat that? The way you are going on it sounds like you "Beat it" to disturbing rape scenes. Your the one who is acting more like a teenager. The measure of the show is not in how graphic or disturbing it is. Oz was never meant for a mainstream audience and hence never got one. Prison Break is written for the masses to enjoy.

Your going on like these disturbing scenes are cool. Well they are not cool. Are they neccesary to tell the story they were trying to tell? Yes they are. But to say Prison Break is a worse show because it doesnt depict graphic scenes of male rape is a little on the sick side. It is not neccesary for Prison Break to show these scenes for the story they are telling.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    What do you mean beat that? The way you are going on it sounds like you "Beat it" to disturbing rape scenes. Your the one who is acting more like a teenager. The measure of the show is not in how graphic or disturbing it is. Oz was never meant for a mainstream audience and hence never got one. Prison Break is written for the masses to enjoy.

Your going on like these disturbing scenes are cool. Well they are not cool. Are they neccesary to tell the story they were trying to tell? Yes they are. But to say Prison Break is a worse show because it doesnt depict graphic scenes of male rape is a little on the sick side. It is not neccesary for Prison Break to show these scenes for the story they are telling.

Prison Break is a load of crap.Ridiculous storylines and terrible acting and it has all the realism of an evening with Podge and Rodge.It was trying to be OZ but they didnt have the skill to pull it off.OZ has some of the best storylines,characterisations and acting ever in a TV drama.The scenes of violence were completely justified and handled very movingly and with great power.If prison break is so good..let me just ask one question...why didnt the authorities sling yer man with the tatoos in another prison that he DIDNT have the blueprints for?Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Degsy wrote: »
    Prison Break is a load of crap.Ridiculous storylines and terrible acting and it has all the realism of an evening with Podge and Rodge.It was trying to be OZ but they didnt have the skill to pull it off.OZ has some of the best storylines,characterisations and acting ever in a TV drama.The scenes of violence were completely justified and handled very movingly and with great power.If prison break is so good..let me just ask one question...why didnt the authorities sling yer man with the tatoos in another prison that he DIDNT have the blueprints for?Rubbish.

I think you should re read my post. I already said the violence in Oz was justified in the story they were trying to tell.

What I was pointing out was that saying Prison Break is crap because it is not as violent is a complete load of sh!t.

Prison Break is for a mainstream audience on FOX.
    Oz for niche audience on HBO.

HBO is a unique channel that allows writers alot more freedom to write this kind of TV (Sopranos anyone) You cant compare them.

What I was pointing out was that saying Prison Break is crap because it is not as violent is a complete load of sh!t.
    Is this post talking about me?
    If so. please don't put words in my mouth.

Read my post properly and you'll see that never said Oz is better due to graphic violence etc. I said people act like PB a very disturbing graphic show. Oz is far more brutal and violent. I put "beat that" and "kicks the ****e" in a term as in
    "you think prison break is violent?Oz is far worse"
    beat that was meant sarcastically.
    I'd appreciate it if you looked at a post properly before jumping down my throat.

Oz is popular in the US and has been mentioned in shows such as South park and family guy. I have American family and they all love Oz, told me it's a fairly big thing.. it just never took off in Europe to the same degree.

I can easily see this degenerating into a flame war but as you've said your piece, and I've said mine, I'm not going to respond to any more posts by you regarding this.

Degsy wrote: »
    There was scene wher Peter schibetta tried to re-asert his manhood by attacking Schillinger in the workshop.He ended up getting bashed and raped by three of them.nasty.

Agreed, that scene was horrible.
    Sick stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Most disturbing scene in Oz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddixkFMwkH0

I heart you!
    That was fricking hilarious.

"what is this place?It's so cliquey"

"Whoever goes the longest without commiting male rape wins"

Advertisement