Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ocean Cove Hotel Kilkee.

• 19-05-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking in the windows of the ocean cove hotel today and it's still in great condition, it would make a great business opportunity. I'm a bit short on information, so if anyone could help me know more about this place.

When did it open?

When did it close?

Why did it close?

Is their any news stories in relation to the hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

As far as I know it was part of the Lynch Hotel Group, the group got into financial difficulties a while back. Some of their other hotels are under new ownership - The Clare Inn is now owned by Dromoland Castle and the West County Inn is part of the Treacy Hotel Group.

Edit: Link added

http://www.businessbarometer.ie/Risk-Management/West-County-Hotel-Ennis-Limited-51187

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

MrsD007 wrote: »
    As far as I know it was part of the Lynch Hotel Group, the group got into financial difficulties a while back. Some of their other hotels are under new ownership - The Clare Inn is now owned by Dromoland Castle and the West County Inn is part of the Treacy Hotel Group.

Edit: Link added

http://www.businessbarometer.ie/Risk-Management/West-County-Hotel-Ennis-Limited-51187

Thanks for the Info.
    I understood that the Lynch Hotel Group got into trouble, but who owns the hotel now?
    Could NAMA own it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MT HEAD

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Thanks for the Info.
    I understood that the Lynch Hotel Group got into trouble, but who owns the hotel now?
    Could NAMA own it?

That's correct. The National Assets Management Agency took ownership of the premises last year.. After the fire

MT HEAD wrote: »
    That's correct. The National Assets Management Agency took ownership of the premises last year.. After the fire

Fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Red Clover

MT HEAD wrote: »

Are you sure it has been taken over by NAMA? It was never owned by the Lynch Group. They leased the premises for a 10 year tax break from the developers. The Lynch Group had a option to purchase after the ten years was up but by then that little empire had started to collapse There is obviously a tug-of-war between the banks and the developers and in the meantime a prime property which could give much needed employment and much needed accommodation in Kilkee is deteriorating to such an extent that it will have to be demolished.

• Advertisement

So where can you find it? Who ownes it?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Red Clover

Carnacalla wrote: »
    So where can you find it? Who ownes it?

I don't know the actual owners but a group of developers were involved. They also developed the 60 odd holiday homes on the same site. My understanding is that Certus the Bank of Scotland vehicle for disposal of properties is involved. This hotel should be put up on the next Allsop auction.

Advertisement