Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

malcy wrote: »
    I have hated the service but recently it has been fine. Weather was atrocious on Friday as was my hangover so stayed in bed and the signal went a few times when i needed it but it's the first time in a couple of months it has been an issue. Still don't plan on staying with them though. Was cut off and paid my bill off only to be told i would be in credit this month before the call was cut off so dunno if i have to pay a bill or not. Apart from that i think they are improving. I just hope they have trained their customer service up. They are so unimformed it's shameful.

Actually you are right about the signal, it was there all along. There was a problem with my phone.

Anyone else experiencing issues with connecting to the network with samsung galaxy phones, go into "mobile networks" and change the network mode to "3g" only, you can change it back when you get a connection. Don't know why it was not connecting automatically on "LTE/3g/2g"

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

davindub wrote: »
    Actually you are right about the signal, it was there all along. There was a problem with my phone.

Anyone else experiencing issues with connecting to the network with samsung galaxy phones, go into "mobile networks" and change the network mode to "3g" only, you can change it back when you get a connection. Don't know why it was not connecting automatically on "LTE/3g/2g"

Obviously you shouldn't have to change network settings to connect. Glad I didn't bother trying it for another month. Looks like it's still not reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Had enough of this shower. Moved back to 3. Yes its €5 more a month but at least I never had any issues with 3. No more texts getting delayed, not arriving, arriving in the wrong order, no more people unable to call me. No more frequent network problems. Life's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just a question . If your on the pre pay plan does your credit carry forward ? I'm with Tesco at the minute with unlimited calls and 10gb of data and credit carry's forward. I tried looking at the id website but it's not very clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

yeah the credit carrys forward, the only way to spend the credit really is thru text msgs or international calls, dont use much of my credit so it carrys forward which is nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Had enough of this shower. Moved back to 3. Yes its €5 more a month but at least I never had any issues with 3. No more texts getting delayed, not arriving, arriving in the wrong order, no more people unable to call me. No more frequent network problems. Life's too short.

Really all the MVNO threads on here should quote your post and then be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

FrostyJim wrote: »
    ED E wrote: »
    Really all the MVNO threads on here should quote your post and then be locked.

Yeah and then it should be copied into the "constantly reverting to edge signal" thread and let the banter begin with that statement :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Quiet in here. Has everyone left the network? I'm leaving next month. It's only the 9th and im over 15gig into my 20. Data speeds have been so slow that i'm constantly refreshing webpages, streams etc when they just give up.

Does anyone know how leaving the network works? Had a look on the site but couldn't see anything. I'm assuming i just tell them i'm leaving and pay any outstanding bill. Ie the €20. Then they release my number to go elsewhere.

My last 2 bills were over €50 & €40 due to going over data even though i'm very careful to harldy use it until it resets on the first of the month.

On the plus side, last time i dealt with customer service i had a very helpful guy on the phone who knew what he, and i, were talking about. Makes a change from the usual 'erm, i don't know what you mean' & ' 20,000MB IS 20GB sir'!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

If your contract has lapsed or just on a 30-day rolling plan, I'm fairly sure you can port away to another network at any time. At least that's the way I've seen it with Vodafone, Three, Tesco Mobile, etc. Generally the only time the 30 days notice needs to be given is when switching switching tariff, to prepay or closing the account altogether.

15GB seems like a lot of data for handset usage in just 9 days. At this rate, your only option would be a Three with "All you can eat" data, which uses the same network, but going through Three's servers and peering instead of the Carphone Warehouse's. So if there's heavy contention on the Three cell towers in your area, you may not see much improvement with Three.

Before considering Three, I recommend picking up a Three prepay SIM, top it up by €20 for 30 days "All you can eat" data and see how that performs for data in your phone.

If you are tethering with a PC or laptop, make sure you set the connection as a metered connection. This will prevent Windows gobbling up data downloading Windows updates.

Yeah i tether it to my ipad. Doesn't usually eat up this much data though. 3 is who i'm going to move to as not many people seem to have problems with it. Good that i should be able to move straight away then just pay my last bill as normal at end of month. On a 30 day rolling contract.

• Advertisement

malcy wrote:
    Yeah i tether it to my ipad. Doesn't usually eat up this much data though. 3 is who i'm going to move to as not many people seem to have problems with it. Good that i should be able to move straight away then just pay my last bill as normal at end of month. On a 30 day rolling contract.

Not many people have problems with 3 . If you get a chance have a look at the talk to 3 section on boards

castle2012 wrote: »
    Not many people have problems with 3 . If you get a chance have a look at the talk to 3 section on boards

I've actually heard there are a lot of problems with 3 and ID is actually carried on 3. I'm probably going back to meteor once i get motivated to actually do something. Another thing I was promised half price for 6 months with ID, I didn't get it....being charged full price, someone promised to look into for me, no reply...

So since the 3 price increase . I moved to I'd. Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far . No difference in coverage to 3. It seems like a simple network and that's what I like . 300 mins and 30gb of data for 15 quid .I use watsapp for text so works well plus keep your credit .

i actually didn't move in the end, and it has much improved. Rarely drop internet now although reception can be poor in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

I notice things have quietened down on this thread - is this an indication that the problems have been sorted by iD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Well, I'm on iD Mobile and I am very happy.
    Excellent value, good allowances, and a package increase in June without any surcharge.

All thumbs up from me, and I've moved four of the family over.

Yeah , cant fault them, nearly a year on it at this stage, find its great value

@StaticNoise @wolf9 Did you have any problems porting numbers to iD

No was grand just rang customer service and they took care of it , was very straight forward from what I recall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

cal60 wrote: »

Nope. No problems at all.
    Happened within the hour.

Granted, it was moving from 3Pay, but still very quick. Moving a Bill Pay tomorrow so should also work fairly OK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I notice things have quietened down on this thread - is this an indication that the problems have been sorted by iD ?

I'm on it a year and a half. Had a couple of issues here and there but nothing that would make me leave them. Only thing that really bothered me was when I couldn't make / receive calls or SMS a couple of nights in a row during a time when I really needed to be contactable at all times...I went a little cray cray then.

My folks are both on them now and neither have any complaints. They both have exactly what they need for a lot cheaper than they can get elsewhere. Mum has boatloads of minutes that even she can't use up!

I went up to 500 minutes with them back in Sept as 250 wasn't enough at the time with a lot of family stuff going on...so have just cut back again from 500 to 250 for June as they are doubling allowance and I don't need 1000 minutes :)

Just wish the second highest data allowance was higher...don't need 30 but 7 isn't enough :(

edit: I and my parents are all in Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bagpuss67

I find their coverage really bad lately. I rarely have a connection to make calls/receive texts. No sent me a new sim card but no improvement.
    Will be leaving them this week.

I'll be leaving shortly due to them cutting my service COMPLETELY 5 days after my bill didn't come out of the bank. They have been charging me almost 40 quid a month for extra phone calls/data.

I looked at an itemised bill recently and noticed massive inconsistencies with my data usage. Including over 500mb usage on a day that my phone was hardly even switched on.

Their customer service was atrocious to begin with as was their website. I got sa letter through the post demanding over €100 by the end of the month or they would sever my service totally. Which they alread did a week and a half ago. I sent an email complaining about the pathetic service i put up with when i joined and how i stuck with them even though they were taking over 2 weeks to reply to each email because the people on the phone were useless, uninformed and completely clueless.

Where do i stand on getting my number back to move somewhere else?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you're cut off, and can't receive texts, you won't be able to port.

Decided to go ahead and sign up to sim only plan . If there are any issues I can cancel in a month. Certainly if all works out it will easily be the best value (for my fairly minimal needs) plan I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I'm with iD since they started. Had a lot of issues initially, but grand for the last 9 months. Previously was with Eircell, Vodafone, O2, Three and can't say iD is better or worse. I was lucky to get the start-up SIM and get 5,000 call minutes, 5,000 texts and 20GB per month for €15! Because of this low price I was loath to leave them and go elsewhere. From the 1st June I'm getting 10,000 minutes, 10,000 texts and 30GB per month (can use 6 roaming) for the €15 - happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

BowWow wrote: »
    I'm with iD since they started. Had a lot of issues initially, but grand for the last 9 months. Previously was with Eircell, Vodafone, O2, Three and can't say iD is better or worse. I was lucky to get the start-up SIM and get 5,000 call minutes, 5,000 texts and 20GB per month for €15! Because of this low price I was loath to leave them and go elsewhere. From the 1st June I'm getting 10,000 minutes, 10,000 texts and 30GB per month (can use 6 roaming) for the €15 - happy days....

I am on this plan aswell. I actually cannot fault them for €15 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm tempted by the current path offer, as I'd like the 30gb and don't use many calls or texts. Would the network be better or worse than Tesco's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Anyone else just get a text saying you have 500mb left in your plan? I have 20 gig and used 1.....i know it's a mistake but don't want to see them charge me

• Advertisement

Anyone else just get a text saying you have 500mb left in your plan? I have 20 gig and used 1.....i know it's a mistake but don't want to see them charge me
    Maybe related to the change in plans from 1st June ?

Advertisement