Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Mam: My iPad won't turn on.
    Me: Hmm, plug it into iTunes and see what happens.
    Mam: Plug it... into iTunes?
    Me: Sorry. Plug one end of the white cable into the iPad, then the other end into the laptop. Then run iTunes on the laptop.
    Mam: Ok I've opened iTunes.
    Me: What? That laptop is 8 years old, it takes days to do anything. How could it be open already?
    Mam: I just typed it in and it opened.
    Me: Oh, ok, fine. So... wait, typed it in?
    Mam: Yeah, typed it in.
    Me: ...
    Me: Describe what you're seeing right now please.
    Mam: ''Apple's new iMac is the best-"
    Me: That's iTunes.com. You didn't open iTunes, you went to the website.
    Mam: YOU SAID-
    Me: Yes, yes, I know, sorry. Open iTunes the program. It should be on the desktop.
    Mam: OK /does
    Mam: This looks the same?
    Me: What? Like the website?
    Mam: Yeah, identical.
    Me: Describe the icon you clicked.
    Mam: A big blue 'e'
    Me: Right, that's internet explorer. I'll complain about that later. What's the icon called?
    Mam: iTunes.
    Me: Right. You seem to have visited iTunes.com and then saved a shortcut on the desktop with the IE icon.
    Mam: Are shortcuts faster?
    Me: I'm not even going there right now.
    Mam: So what's wrong with my iPad?
    Me: Press that black button on the top.
    Mam: Wow! It came on!
    Me: Yup. And you've only had in 9 weeks, too. Gotta go, bye!

Technologically-Impaired-Duck-THERES-A-CABLE-BETWEEN-MY-LAPTOP-AND-MY-WIRELESS-ROUTER.jpg?1253407754

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Anyone got the link to pay register and pay fees online? I found it on the NUIM web page but the link it offers is giving me a 404 not found repeatedly. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Anyone got the link to pay register and pay fees online? I found it on the NUIM web page but the link it offers is giving me a 404 not found repeatedly. Cheers.

Lol /awaits mp3guy's response.

Re-reg is from the 9th, you'll get an email before then explaining what to do/when to do it etc.

Ian Beale wrote: »

Re-reg is from the 9th, you'll get an email before then explaining what to do/when to do it etc.

Yeah, people have already paid actually.

Anyone got an actual response?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Yeah, people have already paid actually.

Anyone got an actual response?

We can pay before reg?

• Advertisement

We can pay before reg?

Got two friends here with me on Erasmus who've already paid their fees so apparently yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Strange, I wouldn't worry about it though. If they want money they'll ask for it lol.
    The 9th is only a couple of days away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

So, who else is waiting on repeat results?

Right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Ian Beale wrote: »

*tap tap tap* http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67742446#post67742446

• Advertisement

mp3guy wrote: »

Ah there you are :pac: and also michellenman you can pay online now but you should wait until you get the email as they aren't expecting people to pay it until then and if anything goes wrong it would be harder to fix.You can still pay using a bank giro using the colleges details although again it's advised to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

This giro better hurry up!

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    This giro better hurry up!

Everyone seems desperate to give money away :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

This being the first year I have electives, I have a question.
    I assume I choose all my electives for the year at registration, but will there be an option next Feb to change second semester choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

mickstupp wrote: »
    This being the first year I have electives, I have a question.
    I assume I choose all my electives for the year at registration, but will there be an option next Feb to change second semester choices?

That was the case with one of my subjects (in the other, everything was compulsory) and I had no bother changing from one module to another in Feb., but I suppose it depends on the department. Best off sending your year co-ordinator an email!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Anyone have taxi numbers handy? I can't remember the name of the place nearest the train station. Are they express cabs? Their website has an odd booking form, I can't spot a phone number... I may be blind..

Edit: Ah never mind found golden pages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

New timetable is up. Got the email bout registering too

EDIT: friday at 9. fml.

^It's still missing stuff. Hopefully it'll be complete by registration time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

is it? how do you know? but that's good cos a module I thought I had an option of doing wasn't there and I was like :confused:

and question, for registration, I'm get the grant so do I just pay the 80euro or whatever it is, and then what? do I have to bring in the letter saying I'm getting it, and can I just do that when I go back up?

• Advertisement

is it? how do you know? but that's good cos a module I thought I had an option of doing wasn't there and I was like :confused:
    I only copped because there's a couple of missing Philosophy ones. They're listed on the dept. website and here: http://www.nuim.ie/courses/ - but not on the timetable, as yet. It'll probably all be settled down by tomorrow I'd imagine.

Can't help you with the grant stuff. I'm both ineligible and illegible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm get the grant so do I just pay the 80euro or whatever it is, and then what? do I have to bring in the letter saying I'm getting it, and can I just do that when I go back up?

Yep, that's all you need to do. I think if they know you've got a grant before (as in the previous year and stuff) you don't even have to show them a letter because you'd have done that in first year.

I wish I was still in London, it wasn't raining there ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Can anyone tell me when the repeat results are due,also how does someone(me) pay the registration fee online without a Credit Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Don't know about the registration fee, but the results are out online wednesday and you'll get them in the post thursday.

I can borrow a Credit Card from my brother for the fees, thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The timetable link isn't working on the nuim site..

Is there a different link or something?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

K4t wrote: »
    The timetable link isn't working on the nuim site..

Is there a different link or something?

same here! Is it just not loading for you?

I reckon too many people are on it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭mp3guy

EDIT: friday at 9. fml.

Never stopped me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I can borrow a Credit Card from my brother for the fees, thanks for the info.

You can pay at the Finance office with cash as well, afaik.

• Advertisement

irish_goat wrote: »
    You can pay at the Finance office with cash as well, afaik.

Thanks I will give them a call in the morning to confirm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement